List Mgmt. 2021 Draft picks: 4/33/75

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can't pick a gun at pick 4 you shouldn't be a recruiter

This year was pick 1 or bust. We couldn't out-terrible North so it is what it is
Actually disagree in yet another pandemic year, its easy to butcher the pick.

1. We’re such a dumb club.

2. People who run the “pick 4 which will actually be pick” line are even dumber than the club.
No we're not

No club plays for picks, every clubs puts a highest process on wins

Most of the elite talent in the AFL.have not been pick 1

Bont, Danger, Fyfe, Martin, Buddy should I go on

The fact that Horne will go at pick 1 to North I'll rather build a winning DNA and slide 2 picks then accept losing on a subjected pick who many of the so called talent who haven't played thus year

Sooner the AFL does a lottery system on the top 5 picks the better, winning should always be the priority

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Does anyone else think that finishing slightly higher may help us with the potential compensation for M Crouch?

We were clearly never going to be given pick 2 last year for Crouch, but pick 7/8 is much easier to justify if we do lose another high profile free agent.

Or am I just dreaming?

Does anyone else think that finishing slightly higher may help us with the potential compensation for M Crouch?

We were clearly never going to be given pick 2 last year for Crouch, but pick 7/8 is much easier to justify if we do lose another high profile free agent.

Or am I just dreaming?
Mrouch wont get a contract to trigger a 1st rounder IMO.

Or am I just dreaming?
Doesn't work that way.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. We’re such a dumb club.

2. People who run the “pick 4 which will actually be pick” line are even dumber than the club.
Why are we dumb?

We played a heck ton of kids today, which is a great sign.

You don't play to lose, unless you just want to be losers.

I think the draft badly needs an overhaul. I agree with some others that it should be some sort of lottery and that way we are not hoping our team lose. You should never hope you're team loses but with the way the draft is you can see why people do.

For a start there are too many teams in the competition now so betime the bottom clubs get there second pick it is generally around pick 23 or something. So the draft doesn't help those teams that much anyway. Added to that we know free agency has only really benefited the top teams and hurt the bottom teams

I would like to see for example pick 1-4 put in a lottery for the bottoms four teams, then pick 5-8 for next four and so on.

It may not be the best idea but something needs to change to help the bottom sides come back up and for us supporters to not want our team to lose to benefit from finishing lower on the ladder.

Just not sure he's the right fit for our midfield, we need more point of difference from what we've already got. Physically advanced as well.
I'll be very interested to watch all our mids if the game against WA goes ahead.
I’m a big fan of Erasmus personally. Really want Draper too because he’s unlike anything we have on our list atm. Both you wouldn’t think are a reach at 4.

It’s a shame we most likely won’t get to see anymore of josh Sinn.

I’m a big fan of Erasmus personally. Really want Draper too because he’s unlike anything we have on our list atm. Both you wouldn’t think are a reach at 4.

It’s a shame we most likely won’t get to see anymore of josh Sinn.
I can't comment on Erasmus with any conviction because I just haven't seen near enough of him therefore I couldn't confidently suggest he's worthy of going that high, probably a little high for Draper as well even though I rate him highly.

I really hope the scheduled SA vs WA game goes ahead next weekend to get a better handle on the WA boys vs our best.

Actually disagree in yet another pandemic year, its easy to butcher the pick.
Agree, clear F&S picks and then Horne, so pick 2-4 is unknown for the top end midfielders and do GWS and GCS use the early pick for midfielders again since their list are already stacked full of early midfielder picks?

Ok - no doubt someone will say this is ridiculous- but Mumford cant ruck forever at GWS. What about Strachan and pick 4 for pick 2? He gave it to Goldstein and held his own against Gawn. We have back up in Thilthorpe and Frampton if ROB goes down…We also know that GWS (bit like Gold Coast) dont need more draft picks..

Ok - no doubt someone will say this is ridiculous- but Mumford cant ruck forever at GWS. What about Strachan and pick 4 for pick 2? He gave it to Goldstein and held his own against Gawn. We have back up in Thilthorpe and Frampton if ROB goes down…We also know that GWS (bit like Gold Coast) dont need more draft picks..
We could have just made it easier for ourselves and lost today.

Thilthorpe was recruited as a KPF and Frampton at best is a chop out Ruck only at AFL level.

We need a solid back up ruck whether it's Strachan or someone else.

Could do something novel and draft Toby Conway with a mid-late draft pick and have him develop over a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back