News 2021 Player Numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Young Carroll slots in next to the Skipper in the locker room.

I got a good feeling about this kid. And Durdin too.

Our joint was the worst destination for a kid to get drafted to for about 15 years. Waste after waste. Now it is a crackin place to get drafted to. Vibrant, professional, hungry.

Came here to say, how has Fogarty managed to snag the 8? Surprised.
Only surprised that DeKoning isn’t playing in it there was some murmurs that Kruez was maybe going to hand it over, it won’t take long for fans too see why he’s a great fit for the jumper, he plays with the same heart and tenacity as the big fella, great choice...

Last edited:
I'm pleased with it. He looked like a footballer in the highlights real. Just great intent and read of the play. Sounded like Geelong weren't that keen to see him leave, so we can only hope he's a step ahead of Smedts and Lang.

I'm pleased with it. He looked like a footballer in the highlights real. Just great intent and read of the play. Sounded like Geelong weren't that keen to see him leave, so we can only hope he's a step ahead of Smedts and Lang.

Miles apart. Only knock is he is not a long kick.

I've got no problem with him taking 8, clearly the club rates him highly. A very good chance to become our Betts replacement sometime throughout the year. Will be huge competition between him, Durdin, Philp and Honey. But that's just what makes our current situation so exciting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just want to know how it is that Williams came to be in the no.6...

Particularly when his old number was available and there were others.

does he have high regard for simmo? Did they talk about it? Gotta be a story in it.

does he have high regard for simmo? Did they talk about it? Gotta be a story in it.
Article posted above mentioned Zach is a boyhood bagger and loved watching and playing against Simmo so the subtext is that he had great respect for him and (presumably when offered) jumped at the opportunity to continue his legacy. That must've meant more than continuing in #29 otherwise he'd have chosen that.

Or he has 6 Weet-bix for breaky everyday and just felt right.

Article posted above mentioned Zach is a boyhood bagger and loved watching and playing against Simmo so the subtext is that he had great respect for him and (presumably when offered) jumped at the opportunity to continue his legacy. That must've meant more than continuing in #29 otherwise he'd have chosen that.

Not going to say much on it ... but that campaigner better bleed blue ...... leech it out of his veins from this point forward.

That’s damn good to hear! Cheers

Big Matt Clape fan?

Williams' dad and grandfather were both huge Simmo fans growing up... ;)

He's a good club man. Will go to bat if he has to cover-up to keep a teammate out of trouble. ;)

I don't think there's particular veneration for high numbers at the club. Dow got 2 straight up, LOB got 4, Kennedy 7 - Fogarty jumping into the 8 is just another example. I prefer players earn their way into a higher number, but I don't mind what it signals either. Love Williams grabbing the 6.

Also big fan of Carroll grabbing the 16 - Crippa's first number.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back