2021 What went right, What went wrong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gone wrong

person accepted new position elsewhere and still here.
Interfering in decisions for future when won't even be here in the future.
Indecisive by senior management.
Has lost playing group and created big problems with all departments.

What would be right.

Leave now and wait for your new position elsewhere and let us work things out, without U here. You are f***ING us so pee off.
This sounds like it's Clarko to me. Who else would be in a position to have lost playing group and have accepted new position somewhere else ?

Gone wrong

What would be right.

Leave now and wait for your new position elsewhere and let us work things out, without U here. You are f***ING us so pee off.

Gone wrong

What would be right.

I’m almost certain this is the hawks mascot, I’m hearing he wants to be a magpie 😅

Well mascot, you need to decide which option.

Why do I have to go.

You made that decision, not me and we have things to do.

Why can they stay when U know they are going.

That's completely different and we need a new mascot and with you staying you are wasting our time. You have to decide which option, we have things to do.
When asked by big Pappas mascot your future plans, what did U say. You decide or I will. You have to go.
So the mascot hasn't completely made their mind up about what mascot costume they want to wear then?

Yes mascot has but seems to want to decide when to go.
What a load mate.

It's been entertaining though.

Tell you what, the mascot can only stay if he's been allowed to stay, so don't blame him.

But that's what the thread is about isn't it, blame. And if we're going to blame lets get outrageous about it. So I'm going to get outrageous about what's gone right;

We're all still alive - you, me, the many who have posted in this thread, the HFC, Aussie rules footy, we're alive, most of our players, they are still alive, so are our future draft picks (at this stage) our new mascot even though we already have one, is alive, at the moment - but you want to be correct. Here's your gold star either way :drunk:

Things are just unravelling at the club. It's really tough to watch.

Kennett may as well join his far right mates Scott and Newman in trying to remain relevant with their shitty podcast. Jeff is rolled out by right wing media as a punchline these days. He's destroying his legacy (one of the very best premiers we have had in Victoria) and embarrassing our club.

I am very much of the view we need to move on from Clarko, we need a fresh start. If Mitchell is ready to put his hand up, give it to him. It's time for a new era. I only wish we had Graeme Wright still here as we embark on this. Was it true that him and Clarko had a falling out?

Lastly, can someone shed any light on rumours their is a disconnect between Mitchell and Clarko? Is this accurate? Wasn't there also a falling out with Yze?

Oh and the good: at least we're not Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things are just unravelling at the club. It's really tough to watch.

Kennett may as well join his far right mates Scott and Newman in trying to remain relevant with their shitty podcast. Jeff is rolled out by right wing media as a punchline these days. He's destroying his legacy (one of the very best premiers we have had in Victoria) and embarrassing our club.

I am very much of the view we need to move on from Clarko, we need a fresh start. If Mitchell is ready to put his hand up, give it to him. It's time for a new era. I only wish we had Graeme Wright still here as we embark on this. Was it true that him and Clarko had a falling out?

Lastly, can someone shed any light on rumours their is a disconnect between Mitchell and Clarko? Is this accurate? Wasn't there also a falling out with Yze?

Oh and the good: at least we're not Collingwood.
Mate, not sure what your little 'far right' rant is about, but keep the political comments to yourself. It's getting really tiresome, the way certain posters frequently inject their politically charged comments into threads like this one. At a time such as this, all I want is a diversion from the crap that is going on in the world, which BigFooty used to be. Go and find a politics forum where you can vent your spleen and keep this crap off BigFooty.

Mate, not sure what your little 'far right' rant is about, but keep the political comments to yourself. It's getting really tiresome, the way certain posters frequently inject their politically charged comments into threads like this one. At a time such as this, all I want is a diversion from the crap that is going on in the world, which BigFooty used to be. Go and find a politics forum where you can vent your spleen and keep this crap off BigFooty.

I appreciate you feelings regarding politics mate. But I won't apologise for my post. It is entirely my point regarding Jeff.

We cannot distance ourselves from Politics when our president is on a number of media platforms, daily, overtly challenging and criticising the current government. It reflects on us as a club. He isn't a current elected member of the Liberal party, he is the elected President of Hawthorn Football Club.

It isn't politics for politics sack, it's the fact our bloody president is the punchline when you need to criticise the government. It speaks volumes to his governance of Hawthorn Football Club, and where that fits into his priorities. He is hurting our brand, and I would imagine alienating many members that don't share his views.

Happy for this to be moved to the Kennett thread so Axeman and others can avoid that.

Last edited:
I appreciate you feelings regarding politics mate. But I won't apologise for my post. It is entirely my point regarding Jeff.

We cannot distance ourselves from Politics when our president is on a number of media platforms, daily, overtly challenging and criticising the current government. It reflects on us as a club. He isn't a current elected member of the Liberal party, he is the elected President of Hawthorn Football Club.

It isn't politics for politics sack, it's the fact our bloody president is the punchline when you need to criticise the government. It speaks volumes to his governance of Hawthorn Football Club, and where that fits into his priorities. He is hurting our brand, and I would imagine alienating many members that don't share his views.

Happy for this to be moved to the Kennett thread so Axeman and others can avoid that.
Sounds like you dont appreciate his feelings much actually

This was just my take on things and have nothing more to say on it except has option to be realeased from contract or be sacked and I stand by it.
Now I could be totally of the mark and have no idea at all and have wasted space or hit the mark spot on or close to it. Time will tell which.
So what you're saying is that you think Clarkson has already taken up a post elsewhere and should leave. However you could be totally of the mark gotcha

I'll skip by the Clarko trashing and political crap.

For me it is getting smashed at centre clearances. I think that to have the ball come straight into our backline creates additional stress that the backline can't get any free movement of ball.

It appears to me, appears, is that what is going right is the "new boys network".

Now if you follow on from this appears to me, appears, you'll see how I get that the man responsible for this "new boys network" is still our head coach.

What a legend !!

Come off it mate, you're just looking for someone to blame, under the guise of you're own political slant and personal bias.

It should not be moved mate, maybe you should just not use this thread as a reason to post political crap, because you don't like losing.

Concrete mate, lots of it - or be the like breeze and just let it go. Better for you, me and everyone else. Just a idea.

Hopefully we can get Bramble/Day/Newcombe/Callow/Brockman/Jeka to show a bit of form in the second half of the season.
There's potentially quite a bit of improvement in our supply and forward play among that lot.

The Good:

Hardwick (daylight second)
Mitchell
Reeves and CJ showing signs of excellence.
Kozi's fight.

I can't include anyone else in the good.

There have been some good signs at times from Bruest, Impey, JOM, Morrison, Hanrahan,, Worpel, but they have often given poor efforts in the defensive fight - often they have turned up their toes. I hate it.

(I will say that Morrison has improved a lot in the defensive area).

Moore has shown some defensive intent the last two weeks (but if I had my way he would have been playing VFL the last two weeks - he really owed us defensively. But he's young.).

The Bad:
Our drafting in the past few years is really hurting us -
We chose Brooskby again this year for what reason?
Like we recruited Minchington twice.
We overlook Callow and then pick him mid year.
We take Finn 29, Downie 35 and Seamus 29 Lovell 22 and Howe 31 - that is a lot of 2nd round picks with no gold struck.
etc etc
One day I want to do a comparison of our drafting success rate against teams like WB and Tigers and Cats.

Last edited:
The Good:

Hardwick (daylight second)
Mitchell
Reeves and CJ showing signs of excellence.
Kozi's fight.

I can't include anyone else in the good.

There have been some good signs at times from Bruest, Impey, JOM, Morrison, Hanrahan,, Worpel, but they have often given poor efforts in the defensive fight - often they have turned up their toes. I hate it.

(I will say that Morrison has improved a lot in the defensive area).

Moore has shown some defensive intent the last two weeks (but if I had my way he would have been playing VFL the last two weeks - he really owed us defensively. But he's young.).

The Bad:
Our drafting in the past few years is really hurting us -
We chose Brooskby again this year for what reason?
Like we recruited Minchington twice.
We overlook Callow and then pick him mid year.
We take Finn 29, Downie 35 and Seamus 29 Lovell 22 and Howe 31 - that is a lot of 2nd round picks with no gold struck.
etc etc
One day I want to do a comparison of our drafting success rate against teams like WB and Tigers and Cats.

Players in career best form who took multiple years to become young stars include Shai Bolton (2016 draft), Bailey Dale (2014 draft), Brandon Parfitt (2016) and that's just 3 examples from the clubs you mentioned. One step higher than those include Christian Salem (2013) and Darcy Parish (2015).

For us you highlighted Maginness, Downie and Smitchell who all came to our club essentially within the past 18 months. Patience is required.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back