Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Storyteller Dumbledore.gif

Did we see last week coming .....players injured, players missing with CoVid Protocols .....ooops we shouldn't be saying that phrase, it's now H & S protocols ....we even want to abbreviate it, to avoid any misconception

We Coach's scrambled to field teams, high number of rookies ...hoping to get thru the week ...and then Rock The Pac scores come tumbling from everywhere ....Short playing midfield .....Stewart, wing WTF !

Feeling for those Coach's without Stewart, Gawn, Miller, Jelly ect .....however, our teams always have a solution

Angry Blackbooks fire.gif

So, this week .....do we travel back in time to pleasantville .....bland, predictable, black & white ?
Covid ripping thru the west ....WC attempting to pull a side together, their WAFL side cancelling, oops, postponing this weeks match, due to a lack of players

Seems this season is about predicting the unpredictable .....more DPP announcements coming ..... Coach's being kents, and throwing sides around, where does Macrae play in the 4th Qtr this week ..... Whitfield playing HF :eek:

It's certainly a challenge ......and I'm coming from the back markers

challenge-accepted.gif

1651705778948.png

Rozee v Butters ....does Rozee have a future in Fantasy planning ?
Does English return ...if the Bont is injured, does the Coach protect him up fwd .....and throw him in the midfield & who does that impact ?
Is Wines a viable Fantasy option ?

Desperately need my old Macrae back ...can't be considered for VC at this juncture ....and English, if you could drop a stinker, would be appreciated

McComb was a welcome addition last week :whitecheck:

1651706216501.png

North at Optus Stadium ......Brayshaw, Brodie, NOD and Darcy "should" have a day out ....hope Coach's have held NOD for this game

Mighty tempting to put the (VC) on Brayshaw ......he's there currently ....BUT ???

1651706460805.png

A great match-up for Fantasy ......expecting (hoping) another great scoring round from my 2 RICH players; Short & Vlastuin .....please don't get injured Vlasty !!!

Dusty back ....which can only be good for Short

De Goey .....hoping his price drops further, certainly on the radar .....but suspect the RICH gamestyle will suit him to a tee .....could be a good round for Crisp owners too

1651706753464.png

The Question ....Is Touk Touk back to the SP of last season ? ......can Heeney keep kicking goals up fwd, to remain a good FWD option ...... does Witts dominate against Ladhams, or will Hickey make a somewhat surprise in selections ?

McCartin back, which is great news, for any Footy lover

Absolutely Mills, a great (VC) option on his current form

1651707101036.png

At Manuka, most pundits would put this as a GWS win ......can't believe the punters have the Cats favourite ?

Jelly hitting some form, just the right time for my side .......Tom Green maintaining his extraordinary form, an SP Mid next year for sure, but can he keep it up all season ?

Preuss facing a mediocre GEEL Ruck setup .....keep going Preussy !!.....just don't get injured this week

Kramer Jockey.gif

Stewart watch ....will GWS target him for "cooling" ? ....will he continue in his new Wing role

Whitfield .......meh !

GLwW.gif

1651707760499.png

Neale (VC) surely, against a patched-up WCE at The Gabba

Tough road-trip / opponent for 2nd gamer Clark ......BRIS will be ruthless, this will be ugly .....will Dixon be selected ?

What has happened to Jarrod Lyons ..... a shadow of his former self ....it has to be more than the "Neale Effect"

1651708052173.png

And now ....the riskiest match of the round !!

Gawn v Ryder / Marshall ......Piggy / Petracca v Steele ......One of Oliver or Petracca will get off the chain, but also expecting Steele to have a big match .....MELB are not the most defensively minded midfield ?

(C) options a bit of a gamble .....or is it ? .....Gawn is in irrepressible form

1651708393329.png

Hopefully late Sunday game sees Hewitt get up
Big watch Carroll ....might have a tougher time this week .....doubtful Hinge back, sorry

Cripps (C) .....no-one in the Crows midfield, capable of stopping him !

manwith-red-shirt-mic-drop.gif

Have a great round everyone !!!

Storyteller Dumbledore.gif

Did we see last week coming .....players injured, players missing with CoVid Protocols .....ooops we shouldn't be saying that phrase, it's now H & S protocols ....we even want to abbreviate it, to avoid any misconception

We Coach's scrambled to field teams, high number of rookies ...hoping to get thru the week ...and then Rock The Pac scores come tumbling from everywhere ....Short playing midfield .....Stewart, wing WTF !

Feeling for those Coach's without Stewart, Gawn, Miller, Jelly ect .....however, our teams always have a solution

Angry Blackbooks fire.gif

So, this week .....do we travel back in time to pleasantville .....bland, predictable, black & white ?
Covid ripping thru the west ....WC attempting to pull a side together, their WAFL side cancelling, oops, postponing this weeks match, due to a lack of players

Seems this season is about predicting the unpredictable .....more DPP announcements coming ..... Coach's being kents, and throwing sides around, where does Macrae play in the 4th Qtr this week ..... Whitfield playing HF :eek:

It's certainly a challenge ......and I'm coming from the back markers

challenge-accepted.gif

1651705778948.png

Rozee v Butters ....does Rozee have a future in Fantasy planning ?
Does English return ...if the Bont is injured, does the Coach protect him up fwd .....and throw him in the midfield & who does that impact ?
Is Wines a viable Fantasy option ?

Desperately need my old Macrae back ...can't be considered for VC at this juncture ....and English, if you could drop a stinker, would be appreciated

McComb was a welcome addition last week :whitecheck:

1651706216501.png

North at Optus Stadium ......Brayshaw, Brodie, NOD and Darcy "should" have a day out ....hope Coach's have held NOD for this game

Mighty tempting to put the (VC) on Brayshaw ......he's there currently ....BUT ???

1651706460805.png

A great match-up for Fantasy ......expecting (hoping) another great scoring round from my 2 RICH players; Short & Vlastuin .....please don't get injured Vlasty !!!

Dusty back ....which can only be good for Short

De Goey .....hoping his price drops further, certainly on the radar .....but suspect the RICH gamestyle will suit him to a tee .....could be a good round for Crisp owners too

1651706753464.png

The Question ....Is Touk Touk back to the SP of last season ? ......can Heeney keep kicking goals up fwd, to remain a good FWD option ...... does Witts dominate against Ladhams, or will Hickey make a somewhat surprise in selections ?

McCartin back, which is great news, for any Footy lover

Absolutely Mills, a great (VC) option on his current form

1651707101036.png

At Manuka, most pundits would put this as a GWS win ......can't believe the punters have the Cats favourite ?

Jelly hitting some form, just the right time for my side .......Tom Green maintaining his extraordinary form, an SP Mid next year for sure, but can he keep it up all season ?

Preuss facing a mediocre GEEL Ruck setup .....keep going Preussy !!.....just don't get injured this week

View attachment 1392272

Stewart watch ....will GWS target him for "cooling" ? ....will he continue in his new Wing role

Whitfield .......meh !

GLwW.gif

1651707760499.png

Neale (VC) surely, against a patched-up WCE at The Gabba

Tough road-trip / opponent for 2nd gamer Clark ......BRIS will be ruthless, this will be ugly .....will Dixon be selected ?

What has happened to Jarrod Lyons ..... a shadow of his former self ....it has to be more than the "Neale Effect"

1651708052173.png

And now ....the riskiest match of the round !!

Gawn v Ryder / Marshall ......Piggy / Petracca v Steele ......One of Oliver or Petracca will get off the chain, but also expecting Steele to have a big match .....MELB are not the most defensively minded midfield ?

(C) options a bit of a gamble .....or is it ? .....Gawn is in irrepressible form

1651708393329.png

Hopefully late Sunday game sees Hewitt get up
Big watch Carroll ....might have a tougher time this week .....doubtful Hinge back, sorry

Cripps (C) .....no-one in the Crows midfield, capable of stopping him !

manwith-red-shirt-mic-drop.gif

Have a great round everyone !!!
I have to say i love your opening posts every round even if it is all downhill from now :laughing:

1651735799747.png

Excited Big Bang1.gif

I call it the Titch Virus .....nasty bug, this one, highly contageous ...... symptoms; (a) dinky handballs to flat-footed players, already under pressure ... (b) 16.5 mtr kicks sideways, also to flatfooted players ..... (c) known allergy to going forward, or any direct play .....and finally, getting a CBA results in a breakout of hives

Known players contaminated with this affliction ...... Titchell, Zerrett, & Parish .....we can only hope, they make a full recovery .... however I fear it may be too late for Crouch

Thankfully I kicked his arse to the curb this week

So who's the must-have rookie now that Clark is out?

Does Carroll have any kind of job security? I'd like to get Cooper Stephens but who knows how long he lasts, plus he's yet another midfield-only guy — Carroll, Stephens, and Clark all are, which is not something to be taken lightly (especially with the possibility of late outs in defence).

So who's the must-have rookie now that Clark is out?

Does Carroll have any kind of job security? I'd like to get Cooper Stephens but who knows how long he lasts, plus he's yet another midfield-only guy — Carroll, Stephens, and Clark all are, which is not something to be taken lightly (especially with the possibility of late outs in defence).
Hamilton from the Giants kept his spot, has DPP and is only 218k?

Good preview Wayne. You went over and above there.

Haven’t had time to contribute in here of late. May have found the time/energy to do so if I had a bit of Fantasy adrenaline coursing through me but unfortunately it’s been pretty poor. The team looks ok, and I’m happy to stick with the players but it’s just not scoring consistently.

Pretty much all the good picks were on my shortlist barring B Smith. And he might have been on there too if he had a more reliable coach.

Some very doable choices weren’t taken and it’s made a massive difference. Consequences that I certainly didn’t foresee when deciding on A v B and sometimes C.

Salem. Oh dear
L Jones vs D Rioli, Answerth, Foley, Bowey. Shame Coleman was injured. He was the easy pick.
T Miller, Crouch vs Cripps, Neale.
Grundy vs Gawn
Cogs, Butters vs English, Heeney.

I wouldn’t say my trading has been that impressive either. Will be relying on the byes to improve my position.

Anyway, hope there are a few of you on here dominating and always good to see how much this forum is growing.

Good luck to all.

I wouldn’t say my trading has been that impressive either. Will be relying on the byes to improve my position.

Anyway, hope there are a few of you on here dominating and always good to see how much this forum is growing.

Good luck to all.
I'm with you brother ....never been as far back in rankings .....trading to fix problems, rather than trading in value picks, as I did last year .....however, it's a long season, and I think my teams in a position to start value picking from here

I'm treating this year as a personal challenge .....from here, I have to pick POD's, and hope the "popular" ownership players stumble

Started this week, by going Andy Brayshaw over Cripps .....ya gotta do, what ya gotta do ....to survive
Not exactly a value pick either .....top $ player

I'm with you brother ....never been as far back in rankings .....trading to fix problems, rather than trading in value picks, as I did last year .....however, it's a long season, and I think my teams in a position to start value picking from here

I'm treating this year as a personal challenge .....from here, I have to pick POD's, and hope the "popular" ownership players stumble

Started this week, by going Andy Brayshaw over Cripps .....ya gotta do, what ya gotta do ....to survive
Not exactly a value pick either .....top $ player
Be gentle with my Andy please ☹️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clark out means I have to field Rosas or Dixon 🤮 and I can’t loop Rosas because my loop stooge Hollands (* you Dew, he wiuld have been handy this week) will be locked out.

Which 🥔 to field? I’m thinking Huge because every other Eagles ruck is ded so he should be good for at least 50.

Edit: or Duddin! I clean forgot about him because he’s been so underwhelming since I traded him in on the back of his round 1 score.

Clark out means I have to field Rosas or Dixon 🤮 and I can’t loop Rosas because my loop stooge Hollands (fu** you Dew, he wiuld have been handy this week) will be locked out.

Which 🥔 to field? I’m thinking Huge because every other Eagles ruck is ded so he should be good for at least 50.

Edit: or Duddin! I clean forgot about him because he’s been so underwhelming since I traded him in on the back of his round 1 score.
The answer is not Duddin I’d imagine. Reckon Huge is a good play depending on how your team is named tonight. If he’s clear R1 he should go 60 right?

Noddy(DE), McComb(ME), Macrae, Dunks(VC), Treloar, Rozee, Brodie, S Hayes(RE) atm. JHF on the pine.

Tonight will be looking at:

Dunks (VC), Macrae, McComb, Hayes, Butters, Brodie, Noddy and JHF.

8 players all on one night, make or break session.
Dunks VC, Crae, BSmith, Treloar, Hayes, Butters, Houston and Noddy.
8 also.
Don't even know if I wanna watch lol.

Bray or Dunks VC, probably go with Dunks. Looping more emergencies than ever before tonight too

Angry Hulk1.gif

Oh FFS .....1 week B4 Vlastuin dumps on me !!

Parker v Vlastuin .....Vlastuin v Parker ....last week, guess who I chose ....oh yeah right :mad:

I have some steam to blow off !!!! ......give's me the irates !!

V on Dunks or Smith or Bray? With Gawn or Clarry as my back up? Go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back