Fixture 2022 Fixture

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Fixture is out.

lol Friday doubleheader in Round 3. Would Adelaide still request a Friday night game knowing it was only going to be shown in Adelaide on FTA and the rest on Fox (and whats the bet it one of the 3 games thats FTA delayed this season). And to top it off, its up against the premiers v bombers - the games are an hour apart.

R8 doubled header isnt much better 70 minute gap between Port v Dogs (7/Fox) and Freo v North (fox/Perth FTA)

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
2022 yeh?

i feel jipped . only 9 home games at metricon. 2 home in darwin.
but i got charged a normal amount in my membership (which is usually a 10 gamer as 1 game in cairns in more recent years, plus free access to GA for away Q clash at gabba) . but one short this year .

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
2022 yeh?

i feel jipped . only 9 home games at metricon. 2 home in darwin.
but i got charged a normal amount in my membership (which is usually a 10 gamer as 1 game in cairns in more recent years, plus free access to GA for away Q clash at gabba) . but one short this year .

Isn't it a case that the Suns are playing two games in Darwin next season to make up for the one that was missed last season?

As for the cost of the membership, clubs generally don't cut prices even if there is a decrease in games on offer. They either keep prices the same or still increase the price regardless.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Isn't it a case that the Suns are playing two games in Darwin next season to make up for the one that was missed last season?

As for the cost of the membership, clubs generally don't cut prices even if there is a decrease in games on offer. They either keep prices the same or still increase the price regardless.

How does it help the Suns ?

Apr 9, 2003
Skinner Reserve
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Its all AFL money. I'd prefer the FIXture be about building the Suns, directly growing footy on the Gold Coast.

It's not. The NT government pays up to 700k per game.

The AFL has handed the Suns, the Darwin goldmine where they can recruit players from outside the draft and they have responsibilities to help grow the game there . Like other smaller clubs (GWS, WB, NM, STK, Melb) who all sell games they just can't expect the AFL to keep ploughing money into them if they won't take such opportunities.

THE NT News understands a $1.45 million payment to the Melbourne Demons and Gold Coast Suns by the NT government for hosting AFL games in the Territory is on hold until the matches are rescheduled.

The Gold Coast Suns were believed to be up for a $650,000 to $700,000 deal for their game against Hawthorn at TIO Stadium.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
It's not. The NT government pays up to 700k per game.

The AFL has handed the Suns, the Darwin goldmine where they can recruit players from outside the draft and they have responsibilities to help grow the game there . Like other smaller clubs (GWS, WB, NM, STK, Melb) who all sell games they just can't expect the AFL to keep ploughing money into them if they won't take such opportunities.

All good but the critics of Gold Coast dont need any feeding. How do you build a club unless they get support to grow at home, its the market the AFL are developing.
The only thing the Gold Coast can offer Darwin is money, AFL money.

Apr 9, 2003
Skinner Reserve
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
All good but the critics of Gold Coast dont need any feeding. How do you build a club unless they get support to grow at home, its the market the AFL are developing.
The only thing the Gold Coast can offer Darwin is money, AFL money.

The only way GC are going to build as a club and get supporters on the GC is through winning games. They need money to invest in their football department and Darwin gives them the chance of getting elite talent for nothing.

By the way, the latest is that the AFL are going to give them even more money at your club's and a few others' expense but they have to help themselves too.

Back