Status
Not open for further replies.
Question re: Jordan De Goey.
Talk about him on the couch.
Apparently St Kilda offering him 5 years 1 million

Is he even that good?

21 possessions, 3.8 marks, 2.5 tackles
12 goals
19th in the league in centre clearances.

I mean he's clearly quite a good player - but is he really at that level?

I swear half of it is his name, his look, the Collingwood boost.

Greene, Heeney, Bailey, Bolton even Dylan Moore arguably having better seasons as high half forwards
Bontempelli, Petracca, Neale, Treloar, Parker, Gresham even Nic martin having better seasons as goal kicking mids.
Nowhere near being worth that money imo.

700k max to get him as RFA so yes 1mil is overs but saints have paid overs to Hannebery & Hill in recent years.

Way too much baggage, Pies would want a first round compo to let him go. They have to let him go. Do they really want to be stuck with him for his next stuff up?
He’s a restricted free agent, yeah?

They’d just take the compo pick and go to the draft.

If we are looking for another really good midfielder, Angus Brayshaw would be someone worth looking at who is a free agent. Can't break that Melbourne midfield, but Angus would be a good pick up, and would replace Swallow in a year or 2 as that 4th mid.

Seemingly can also play on the HBF in a pinch as well.

If we are looking for another really good midfielder, Angus Brayshaw would be someone worth looking at who is a free agent. Can't break that Melbourne midfield, but Angus would be a good pick up, and would replace Swallow in a year or 2 as that 4th mid.

Seemingly can also play on the HBF in a pinch as well.
Hands off. 😄

It looks like AFL will be lifting vaccination mandates in the next couple of weeks so opens the door to us for Liam Jones

So no decision has been made about our assistance package and rookie list thus far… so if they get rid of it you can expect a big change in plans

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So no decision has been made about our assistance package and rookie list thus far… so if they get rid of it you can expect a big change in plans

I doubt they will rip the bandaid off. But There should definitely be some significant easing up.

Yeah, I would expect reducing list size gradually. Let's say 46 next year otherwise there will be a couple of interesting decisions to be made about list. Also if our list is reduced we will probably have to sign-up players for VFL only as Lions did.

The other concession, free academy pre-listing, will be probably gone and should have no real impact as we are loaded with talent, got plenty of picks and I actually don't see too many candidates if any this off-season and it would be probably 3rd round matching or just rookie draft.

And that's it regarding concessions as I believe Darwin zone continues to be part of our academy with no time expiry.

Interesting exercise.

If it comes to it, how would you trim our list to standard 44 players - 36-38 senior list, 4-6 rookie A, 2 rookie B? We have to draft 3 players to senior list (or de-list and re-draft like we did with Thompson).

Currently, we got 49 players, 39 senior list (if we include Faulkhead who replaced inactive King) , 9 rookie A (Casboult, Tsitas, McLennan, Murtagh, Conroy, Nicholls, Brock, Uwland, Moyle), 1 rookie B (Oea).

My scenario.
De-list McLennan, Murtagh, Conroy, Nicholl, Tsitas.
Oea can probably stay on as cat B.
No contract extension for Constable, Corbett.

That's 42 players - 36 senior, 5 cat A (added Faulkhead), 1 cat B.

To bring in min 3 players would mean for example no contract extension for Burgess or Markov or trade one of Fiorini, Macpherson, Sexton.

Some decent depth could be gone.

Last edited:
Interesting exercise.

If it comes to it, how would you trim our list to standard 44 players - 36-38 senior list, 4-6 rookie A, 2 rookie B? We have to draft 3 players to senior list (or de-list and re-draft like we did with Thompson).

Currently, we got 49 players, 39 senior list (if we include Faulkhead who replaced inactive King) , 9 rookie A (Casboult, Tsitas, McLennan, Murtagh, Conroy, Nicholls, Brock, Uwland, Moyle), 1 rookie B (Oea).

My scenario.
De-list McLennan, Murtagh, Conroy, Nicholl, Tsitas.
Oea can probably stay on as cat B.
No contract extension for Constable, Corbett.

That's 42 players - 36 senior, 5 cat A (added Faulkhead), 1 cat B.

To bring in min 3 players would mean for example no contract extension for Burgess or Markov or trade one of Fiorini, Macpherson, Sexton.

Some decent depth could be gone.

I hope that the AFL doesn't bend to the pro-Victoria mafia in the same way as they did for the cost-of-living allowance for NSW clubs. Not that there has been any significant media reporting, the white-anting would be happening (it's the AFL after all).

If the AFL strips the Suns of all the list concessions at once, it will likely set them back to before the concessions came in, given (as you pointed out), significant depth would need to be moved on. I can envision the pre-listing concession may go, with a gradual decrease in list size over several seasons.

Seems like ol’ Scoops thinks he has discovered a super secret source inside the Suns with this latest run of rumours. Or he has just figured out we exist.
I know who is feeding him the bullshit for lols. It's all fake and a troll on Scoops.

Remember last time the club was talking itself up as a destination club and it turned out it was George Horlin-Smith and Jordan Murdoch who wanted to come up.

Not relevant to anything, and they actually did a lot of good for our culture, but was a funny time.

Remember last time the club was talking itself up as a destination club and it turned out it was George Horlin-Smith and Jordan Murdoch who wanted to come up.

Not relevant to anything, and they actually did a lot of good for our culture, but was a funny time.

nightmares

Think we got about 7-10 games from
About 4 years between them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back