2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you can get an experienced A grade midfielder sign me up. If you can't then maybe we should get a top 10 rated mid with good leadership that can grow with Anderson and Rowell.
Someone like Touk Miller would be nice. He wasn't that great but has now developed into an absolute A grade player. Also was captain of Vic Metro (?) so had obvious leadership qualities. Just took some time

Someone like Touk Miller would be nice. He wasn't that great but has now developed into an absolute A grade player. Also was captain of Vic Metro (?) so had obvious leadership qualities. Just took some time

Jye Clarke the Vic Country captain would be a good get

More midfielders you say, hmm perhaps we could get Brodie from Freo, he is seen as the recuit of the year after all

Ok, ok yes I am being a prick but FFS, half the people on this board were saying give a kid an extended run but nah pie eater knew better, Atkins is what we need he said, sign him up for 4 years, costs us Brodie, 2MP and now Rankine

More midfielders you say, hmm perhaps we could get Brodie from Freo, he is seen as the recuit of the year after all

Ok, ok yes I am being a prick but FFS, half the people on this board were saying give a kid an extended run but nah pie eater knew better, Atkins is what we need he said, sign him up for 4 years, costs us Brodie, 2MP and now Rankine
Mate I hope you funnel all the sadness and bitterness in your life into big footy and when you log off a light switches and you become a happy person again.

If we picked up another full time mid it would mean Davies, hollands, swallow get no mid time and we might aswell trade bowes, Flanders, fiorini (which we probably will anyway). I think our midfield will be fine. The biggest improvement will be Anderson getting stronger and Rowell getting full fitness( still think he's battling op). Also hollands should see more mid time and he might be as good as any of them.

Mate I hope you funnel all the sadness and bitterness in your life into big footy and when you log off a light switches and you become a happy person again.
Telling things as I see them and putting in place rectification plans has made me very successful in life, I also realise it can be grating. No doubt i use BF to vent as I love our club and want it to be successful.

I have plenty in my life to be grateful for and many would consider me blessed. So yes very happy

Last edited:
If we are going to go down the route of taking a midfielder with our 1st round pick then we need to be targeting whoever out of the lot has the best footskills.

I like our midfield, but outside of Touk who has become a neat kick, we’re not exactly going to slice you open by foot. Noah, Rowell, Swallow, Davies, Fiorini, Constable all average to poor. Hopefully Hollands can go in next year and give us a bit of class.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we take hollands with pick 8 as our midfielder
Be interesting to see what happens. Seems likely we'll get Brisbane's first (15 ish). Wonder if we take a defender (one of Busslinger or Hayes will be available) and hope to get Hollands at 15?

Of course we could have 4,8,15. That would be enough to get pick 1, but there doesn't seem to be a Walsh/JHF type to go after this year, unless Ashcroft doesn't nominate Brisbane.

We just need a great/good/reliable key defender and a small defender. It is painfully obvious and has been for a long time.

Recruit nothing but those two positions this off season.
I would go a step further and say another potential A grade mid, KPD, small defender and running halfback with the injuries that have decimated our backline for this year and half of next year as well. What priority order for these positions is an important question.

Be interesting to see what happens. Seems likely we'll get Brisbane's first (15 ish). Wonder if we take a defender (one of Busslinger or Hayes will be available) and hope to get Hollands at 15?

Of course we could have 4,8,15. That would be enough to get pick 1, but there doesn't seem to be a Walsh/JHF type to go after this year, unless Ashcroft doesn't nominate Brisbane.
Don't think we'd risk it with hollands. Reckon one of these scumbag Vic clubs will take him and then try to lure Eli back in a couple years. Take him at 8 then if we have 15? Take the best kpd

Don't think we'd risk it with hollands. Reckon one of these scumbag Vic clubs will take him and then try to lure Eli back in a couple years. Take him at 8 then if we have 15? Take the best kpd
Yeah I agree. He seems to be moving up the rankings on the draft board. Just take him imo, there is always room for another good midfielder.

Officially on the tarryn thomas wagon, let's get him. I get the risk but he is developed and ready to go and at his peak he could be one of the best in the comp. Between he and hollands one mid one fwd would be an awesome x-factor combo.

Matt Crouch would basically be free

Any chance we got go after Lachie Ash?
21 years, 54 games so far.

Giants need to shed salary.
He's been playing as a tagger when he is really a half back flanker.
Had a pretty poor last month.

The only semi-established player that was dropped by McVeigh after that press conference last week. Got a late reprieve Wonder how happy he is at the giants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back