MVP 2022 GWS MVP - Round 5 v Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Coniglio.

oh wait this isn’t for the Melbourne team….

hmmm winners for us tonight. Not sure we had a winner at all. I like the fight of Flynn.
liked the fight of Keefe and Perryman who give a crack no matter what position they’re asked to play in. I think that’s it for me.

flynn - 1 vote
Keefe - 1 vote
Perryman - 1 vote
Tom Green - 1 vote (hopefully this vote keeps him at our club)

i don’t care for looking at the stat sheet when our midfielders just fill their boots queuing up outside 70m playing chip and mark going sideways and back wards

3 - Cal Ward: Workrate was really good, ball use wasn't too shabby and really amended for his performance last week
2 - Matt Flynn: Held his own against Gawn + Jackson and took a few good marks, not to mention the goal in Q3 that stemmed our bleeding of goals (temporarily at least)
1 - Tom Green. Missed a few gettable shots but otherwise showed that he's gonna be the next Patrick Cripps

5 - Tom Green: continues to carry the team on his shoulders, not as impactful this week, but who was (from the Giants)?
3 - Josh Kelly: a lesser culprit in turning the ball over
2 - Callan Ward: also a lesser culprit in turning over the ball; redeemed himself from the previous week's bad game
2 - Matt Flynn: though he held his own against Max Gawn, although (due to inexperience) not with the same polish or impact
2 - Lachie Ash: probably his best game this year not playing as tagger?
1 - Tanner Bruhn: looked really good in patches, just needs more of those per game

This is going to sound ridiculous, but after watching a replay, we were pretty decent for 3 of the 4 quarters. Needed to put a score on the board in that first quarter. The demons are just really good, and we were poor in that 3rd quarter.

3. Perryman
3. Kelly
2. Flynn (he was a pleasant surprise)
2. Bruhn
2. Green
1. Taylor
1. Ash

very promising debut from Finn. Lachie Whitfield for the first time ever is struggling.
We missed Cumming, he is now very important for us.

Surprised that so many people have given Keeffe points, think he is a big issue in exiting, if it goes through him, we suck. We need to avoid going to him and Idun, their go to is to hold it up and go backwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back