1 - Perryman
1- Daniels
1- Buckley

5- Sam Taylor
4- Stephen Coniglio
3- Toby Greene
2- Josh Kelly
1- Brent Daniels

The coaches votes, I feel a bit vindicated that Lachie Ash got some votes, thought he was terrific, but no one on here or in the media had him in the best. At least one of the coaches agreed with me

1690184083229.png

Sam Taylor - All 15 votes

Well, the conundrum for me is who to choose from about 11 players who deserve recognition.

The key defenders - Taylor, Buckley & Himmelberg - intercepted, marked and spoiled most everything that came their way (especially after quarter time). The running defenders in Whitfield and Ash were superb in launching the counterattacks (498 & 442 MG respectively). Briggs outpointed Witts (who's a really good ruckman IMHO), and Cogs and Kelly got close enough to the Suns' mids in the clearance battle and won out in the larger contest battle. Greene was mesmeric up front, while Brown and Daniels were influential in the front half too.

So, apologies to the 5 guys who missed points, who all deserved to be rewarded more, but here's how I went:

5 - Stephen Coniglio: ultimately, I went with who impacted the midfield battle the most, and I thought it was Cogs
4 - Sam Taylor: a brick wall in defence, and led the backline superbly
3 - Lachie Whitfield: thought his counterattack was excellent
1 - Keiran Briggs: outpointed Witts in the ruck battle in clearances, tackles & influence on the outcome
1 - Lachie Ash: hitting his straps on the counter
1 - Binga Daniels: returning to his outstanding early season form after injury

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Progressive tally after round 19 - Sam Taylor making strides after his injury absence, while Greene, Kelly, Cogs & Green fight it out at the top!

2023 GWS MVP Rd19 Total.PNG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back