Strategy 2022 Midpricers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's get this started shall we?

Loving the Midpricer's already, I swore to go GnR this season but I've already broken that commitment.

We've got Hewett and Milera up back, Defence looks tricky this year.

Rowell, Serong, Brodie, Constable, Crouch, Yeo in the guts. If Crouch is fit, watch out.

Witts and Jackson and I guess Preuss in the rucks.

Forward line is stacked with juicy midpricers like last year, Coniglio is the biggest lock ever, Coleman, Rioli, plenty of M/F's.

So let us know your thoughts, let's get crazy and go MPM!

Going GnR this year, after two years of trying the MPM .....only two MPM players in my team currently are Cogs and Jarrod Berry @M6 ($268K)

IMO Berry is good for a season ave of 95 ......looks fit as !!

Yep, every year I try to go more G'n'R, and every year there are bargains I can't say no to.

The West Coast board seem to be pretty impressed with how SPS is going. New club, new role, fitter and stronger, sign me up.

Matty Rowell is training the house down and causing Touk to go off in the holster.

Jarrod Berry is slated for inside mid time and is super cheap.

Jade Gresham is also supposedly going to be playing mid, was averaging over 90 before he got injured last year, and is under 300k.

Cogs is a compulsory acquisition, surely.

Coleman looked the goods at the end of last season in the half-back role, priced to sell.

I think all six of these kents have the potential to become keepers (except maybe Berry as a mid, but he can make 150-200k) and if I start them all and only half of them do so, I'll still be laughing

Yep, every year I try to go more G'n'R, and every year there are bargains I can't say no to.

The West Coast board seem to be pretty impressed with how SPS is going. New club, new role, fitter and stronger, sign me up.

Matty Rowell is training the house down and causing Touk to go off in the holster.

Jarrod Berry is slated for inside mid time and is super cheap.

Jade Gresham is also supposedly going to be playing mid, was averaging over 90 before he got injured last year, and is under 300k.

Cogs is a compulsory acquisition, surely.

Coleman looked the goods at the end of last season in the half-back role, priced to sell.

I think all six of these kents have the potential to become keepers (except maybe Berry as a mid, but he can make 150-200k) and if I start them all and only half of them do so, I'll still be laughing
Hewett too, if playing mid, should average 90+, which is enough for D6 starting under $400k.

Mid only mid-pricers are hard to pick imo as that's where the best rookies usually are.

Hadn't really considered Gresham, but St Kilda badly need some flair in the midfield. Is he over the injuries is the big question I guess. If he stays fit he should get above $400k you'd think. PS watch.

Last edited:
At this stage...or ATS if you're WaynesWorld19 ;) the following mid-pricers are under consideration, however, after finishing with a career high rank last season playing strictly GnR + Ziebell I'll probably stick to the same strategy and go 13 SPs + Cogs. Maybe Sicily at D4 and one of Cripps/Rowell/Berry at M5 if i can make it work.

Sicily, Hewitt
Cripps, Rowell, Berry
De Goey*, Cogs,

Let's get this started shall we?

Loving the Midpricer's already, I swore to go GnR this season but I've already broken that commitment.

We've got Hewett and Milera up back, Defence looks tricky this year.

Rowell, Serong, Brodie, Constable, Crouch, Yeo in the guts. If Crouch is fit, watch out.

Witts and Jackson and I guess Preuss in the rucks.

Forward line is stacked with juicy midpricers like last year, Coniglio is the biggest lock ever, Coleman, Rioli, plenty of M/F's.

So let us know your thoughts, let's get crazy and go MPM!

Milera the same Milera that was a trap last year?

Coniglio & Berry stand out like sore thumbs to me as the must-haves if fit.

Love the value of the mid pricers this year
These interest me

Backs
Coleman looks a great option as a half back dpp
Milera flaky but decent price

Mids
berry looks an easy choice in the mids

Rucks
preuss will make bulk coin

Up forward is crazy again

Gresham great role in the mids and will go 80+ at minimum
Nash finished off strong last year as an inside mid and huge pod
Cogs no brainer
Brodie Néw club Fyfe shoulder issues and older no cerra could open up a spot and at 224 needs to be monitored
Curnow like Daniher it’s a matter of if the body is right, can go 75+ and be a nice stepping stone
Rayner was interested at 390+ last year so at 278 it’s awfully tempting again for a breakout but how many lions?

will come down to how many of the injury types in Sicily Whitfield Dunkley’s as too how many mid pricers I start.
Think I’m going to go safe types to begin

hard to gain an advantage at the start of the year when everyone’s teams are the same. Feel upgrading is where the ground is going to be made in 2022

Interesting to see if anyone switches to defense next year, had no idea Dale was a rebounding defender until a few rounds in when he played there in preseason.

In hindsight Cumming had 4 years in the system, high pick and was just behind Williams/Whitfield/Shaw.

Cogs is free so not going to think about it and lock him in.

Curnow I like as a pick, training in the midfield group and only a 224k fwd. Not sure on his avg (60-75?) but he can have those big games. Sold at the right time, good chance to make 150k and not worry about JS.

Seems no one is interested in Lipinski but a lot lines up for him - mid role (most likely), 23, new club, high work rate, high endurance, 80avg with 40% cbas in 2019, learnt off dogs mids. Keen to watch him in the preseason since his speed at contest seems to be a bit of an issue, today on the Pies gram Maynard burnt Lipinski out a stoppage.

Ryan Daniels wasn't impressed with Brodie and Valente when he watched Freo training so theres a red flag.

Gresh is training with the forwards for now.

Rayner not in full training, off an ACL I don't really see it this year for him.

MCrouch I wouldnt touch given his injury, think his TOG will be even more atrocious then it usually is.

Heeney up forward I don't mind, with a full preseason and mid role (insert unicorn emoji) I think he goes 95-105, works too hard and far too talented. Hasnt had a full preseason for yonks. Has broken every bone in his body but besides the destroyed ankle he's only 1 missed or 2 games here and there. Butters durability isnt much better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems no one is interested in Lipinski but a lot lines up for him - mid role (most likely), 23, new club, high work rate, high endurance, 80avg with 40% cbas in 2019, learnt off dogs mids. Keen to watch him in the preseason since his speed at contest seems to be a bit of an issue, today on the Pies gram Maynard burnt Lipinski out a stoppage.

Also has elite DE% - as good as anyone in the comp.

If he had forward eligibility I'd have him locked in - but as a mid only the price is too awkward. Needs to go 105+ to make it worthwhile and that could happen but you wouldn't bet on it. It's a damn shame because as a Collingwood supporter I'm looking forward to seeing what he brings, but as a Supercoacher I can't do it

Preuss 204K

Vs

Soldo 326K

Neither keepers obv. but I think recent seasons have shown that a stepping stone ruck can work.

I wouldn't go near Soldo he isn't Supercoach relevant. Even in the premiership years 19/20 he only averaged 75.
Preuss on the other hand could be the No1 ruck and quite a lot cheaper if he plays he should score at 85+ I think he is worth the risk for the price.

Really expected Gunston to be cheaper. If he got through pre-season in good nick and was under $300k I would have been considering him.

Witts is the only I like early on. Passing on Gawndy for the first time in years could really open up possibilities on the other lines, especially with guys like Cogs and Rowell so cheap.

Jye Caldwell?

266k seems a bargain considering he looked very good before he got injured and was a popular choice up forward for even more last year. Lost DPP but could be a really good M5/6 stepping stone, 80-90 average would make nearly 200k.

I actually really like this, if he's a key part of the bombers midfield as he was last year then he's nearly a lock for mine.

Jye Caldwell?

266k seems a bargain considering he looked very good before he got injured and was a popular choice up forward for even more last year. Lost DPP but could be a really good M5/6 stepping stone, 80-90 average would make nearly 200k.

I actually really like this, if he's a key part of the bombers midfield as he was last year then he's nearly a lock for mine.

With the rise of Parish and Stringer and return of Shiel I'm not sure how much inside work he will get now. He'll be completely outside now and not sure if he will do enough (win enough ball) as an outside mid to make it worth it as a MID only. Still a steep price really, was 310k last year wasn't he?

With the rise of Parish and Stringer and return of Shiel I'm not sure how much inside work he will get now. He'll be completely outside now and not sure if he will do enough (win enough ball) as an outside mid to make it worth it as a MID only. Still a steep price really, was 310k last year wasn't he?
he was 348k last year, Hately was 310k.

An 80k discount basically for losing DPP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back