2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In early December 2020, Buddy and Jesinta Franklin sold their $4 million Rose Bay home and bought a $5 million apartment nearby. Three weeks later they bought a $790,000 "luxury beach pad" in North Kirra. You'd have to think the Kirra property is purely an investment and that they are more inclined to live in a property around $4-5 million range. Therefore, a $4 million Burleigh property really isn't a stretch at all for the Franklins.

As we all know, Jesinta is a born and raised Gold Coaster who claims to have asked Buddy to play for the Suns several times throughout their relationship. She hasn't really made a secret of the fact that she wants to move back here one day and her parents still live here. There's definitely incentive to be around the grandparents when you have two young ones under the age of two as they do. Also, Jesinta has shown where her true allegiance lies in the past...

l5kq9I9.jpg

Now this, this is the investigative journalism that unearths trade plans and tactics.. lol. Great share!

Now this, this is the investigative journalism that unearths trade plans and tactics.. lol. Great share!

And the swans somehow found money to sign Luke parker when there cap was “full” and retain the major of their young stars and are now chasing Ladhams from Port

I believe this would solve the cap issues for Sydney and give us the support for King we so desperately need, it would also make sense why we are clearing cap space now

Surely the AFL also chips in with a marketing payment for buddy like they did with Karmichael Hunt and Ablett to get it over the line

This sounds crazy but this is totally possible

The club has asked us to judge the trade period at the end and not on individual trades, lets follow that advise and you can all blow up at the end if you still think it’s a failure

Getting buddy for 2 years sounds too much like a dream to be a reality, I’d be the happiest man on earth

KING TO TAKE TIME ON CONTRACT CALL
8:05am:
Contract talks are on hold for emerging forward Ben King as he looks to focus on playing with Gold Coast in 2022.

The 21-year-old King comes out of contract at the end of next season and has already been linked with a return to Victoria, including to St Kilda to join up with his twin brother Max.

The athletic 202cm key forward kicked a career-best 47 goals this season and has booted 89 majors in 52 matches since arriving at the Suns with pick No.6 in the 2018 NAB AFL Draft.

"I met with him in round 22 this year and sat down and had lunch with him, it's the first time we spoke really about his footy and what he wanted to do next year. He was really excited about getting back up there [to Gold Coast]," player manager Robbie D'Orazio told Continental Tyres AFL Trade Radio.

"He's really good friends with Noah Anderson and Matt Rowell, they want to get up there and create their own little dynasty or a professional footy club.

"Some players take time to make these decisions, especially when they're from interstate.

"I see Ben as a third-year player, going into his fourth year, he's really excited. We'll sit down when the time is right and chat about what footy looks like after that."

I see nothing but good signs in that. Ben is happy he implies.
Sounds like the classic stalling move when you don't want to sign. Contract talks "on hold until next year" is a standard move, followed by wanting to "just concentrate on playing" early next year.

Not saying he won't but doesn't bode well.

Have any of our stars in our Club history that have been unsigned by round 1 of their final year ever penned a new contract?
Thinking thinking
As an aside Rankines IG feed has been Adelaide based since the end of the season

Last edited:
I feel like our ability to develop players has been very underrated under Dew because of a poor history. Look at the players who have played their whole career under Dew.

2017- Ballard, Powell
2018- Luko, Rankine, King, Graham
2019- Rowell, Anderson, Flanders, Sharp, Budarick
2020- Hollands, Jeffrey, Davies

Almost everyone of those players are best 22 or certainly will be in years to come. Other than the first year players who we haven’t really seen, I don’t think anyone could disagree that almost all of these players have exceeded expectations, especially considering how poor we’ve been over the years. Even though Rankine had a poor year he’s getting the games best small defender each week, he absolutely lit up his first few games without the attention.

Assuming we don’t have the massive injuries he did this year, I can see up taking a massive leap forward just through the natural development of these players alone. Especially, considering we’ve made some really strong off field signings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The previous owners would be happy, they bought it in May this year for $3.68M, profit of 600k in 5 months

dusty Martin’s mrs is living in Byron..
Maybe after Dustys injury and at his age he wants the warmer weather n to be closer to his gal

tigers on the way down…
Suns on the way up
Wayne Campbell , Oleg and Ellis

he missed out on the house hence he hasn’t asked for a trade yet

connect the dots ppl

Last edited:
Have any of our stars in our Club history that have been unsigned by round 1 of their final year ever penned a new contract?
Thinking thinking
As an aside Rankines IG feed has been Adelaide based since the end of the season
There's a few that left it right to the eve of round 1. Miller resigned twice in Feb of his final year, Powell extended in Feb of this year, and Flanders mid this year. Witts also extended in January of his final year (2019).

I wouldn't panic until round 1 comes and goes.

Last edited:
Maybe after Dustys injury and at his age he wants the warmer weather n to be closer to his gal

tigers on the way down…
Suns on the way up

connect the dots ppl

And the afl would be loving something like this

tigers on the way down…
Suns on the way up

connect the dots ppl
Dusty strikes as more of a Talley Valley Currumbin guy

tigers on the way down…
Suns on the way up

connect the dots ppl

I hear tiger Tom has a few million

Bit of talk recently about how things could have been different (for Collingwood, the bulldogs etc..) if Adam Treloar accepted a big money offer from the Suns last year.

Did this happen? or is this completely bullshit.

Surely if we had 900k spare to spend, we wouldn't be needing to offload players for salary cap relief this year.
Although we might have spent a little of that space on Atkins..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back