2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Retire Rory at seasons end, and recruit Liam Jones. Fills the void for a couple of seasons.

Retire Rory at seasons end, and recruit Liam Jones. Fills the void for a couple of seasons.

Don't mind this. Happy for Rory to have another year on rookie list too though. I reckon we just need to * off some of these useless project talls like Conroy and Murtagh.

Don't mind this. Happy for Rory to have another year on rookie list too though. I reckon we just need to duck off some of these useless project talls like Conroy and Murtagh.
They had an extended run because was impossible to really tell during COVID years.

I can certainly see why they were given a shot
Tall, athletic, strongly built.

Just not enough football noise to make it.

Clearly their time is up though.

They had an extended run because was impossible to really tell during COVID years.

I can certainly see why they were given a shot
Tall, athletic, strongly built.

Just not enough football noise to make it.

Clearly their time is up though.
I'm with you. I'm not mad we gave them a go and I get why we did but they won't make the grade and need to move on.

When a skinny raw Mac Andrew can come in and out perform most other talls on our VFL list, we have issues.
We really need to find some more top end talent
That says more about his talent than the reserves talent. Our depth is pretty good at the moment but there are still a couple passengers, like most teams.

That says more about his talent than the reserves talent. Our depth is pretty good at the moment but there are still a couple passengers, like most teams.
He is still a long way from AFL though, I wouldn't want to play him this year. If we get any injuries at all from our KPP we are flat out screwed because apart from Day and Graham nothing else we have is even close to AFL level

We have copped some injuries to our key position player stocks with Thompson, Lukosius, King, Corbett all going down for different periods of time. They are typically harder to cover than injuries to midfielders or smaller players.
The mid season draft nominations are out , Jai Lockett is in there is he or any our recent academy players ie Bella worth a shot

Is Liam Baker still out of contract at Tigers.
Such an aggressive angry little defender neat skills

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People in here really said they don’t want buddy at the suns
Are you taking about Buddy - the boxing coach? It will cost him a couple of weeks, I guess.

Yes, he was great today in 2nd half but still gives away stupid frees.

Great last quarter to watch.

Last edited:
Are there any tall defenders we could possibly pick up at the mid season draft on Wednesday? Perhaps another Sam Collins?

Not many. I was reading an article that went over position/sizes in the top prospects. A few medium sized ones, or undersized talls. Key defenders are at a premium around the league. By the time it gets to our pick—assuming most clubs take a player and we beat North—there could be very little prospects left.

Do you think Gibcus would of been handy over Mac Andrew?
short term yes, but you need to have a few points of difference to win flags and Mac isn’t really like any other player in the comp and if he lives up to his potential will be an absolute star. But unfortunately at 75-80kg when your 200cm means you’re not going to be playing much footy in your first few years

Not many. I was reading an article that went over position/sizes in the top prospects. A few medium sized ones, or undersized talls. Key defenders are at a premium around the league. By the time it gets to our pick—assuming most clubs take a player and we beat North—there could be very little prospects left.
Is it even worth using the pick? Isn't the Suns list size coming down again, or likely too?

Is it even worth using the pick? Isn't the Suns list size coming down again, or likely too?
I’d say so. Which means delist our normal three players in the draft, plus whatever extra cuts. Could be up to 6+ players that have to be moved on if the lists are fully trimmed back.

AFL needed to just make a call on exactly how long the concessions last and how many spots they give. It’s ridiculous that we don’t know at the end of the year if we have space or not… How are our list managers supposed to operate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back