2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d say so. Which means delist our normal three players in the draft, plus whatever extra cuts. Could be up to 6+ players that have to be moved on if the lists are fully trimmed back.

AFL needed to just make a call on exactly how long the concessions last and how many spots they give. It’s ridiculous that we don’t know at the end of the year if we have space or not… How are our list managers supposed to operate?
Yeah, probably just creating an extra problem drafting another player next week.

Is it even worth using the pick? Isn't the Suns list size coming down again, or likely too?

And do we really need another project player on the list

Jon Ralph just said on fox footy many clubs are interested but Gold Coast is quite clearly the club looking at Liam Jones for next year

Jon Ralph just said on fox footy many clubs are interested but Gold Coast is quite clearly the club looking at Liam Jones for next year
Are you suggesting, based on what Jon Ralph said, that we're actually the favourites to land Liam Jones in the off season? Technically he would be an unrestricted free agent, right?

I think the reason is that Liam Jones lives around here now.

I thought the vaccine policy was staying in place and that he wouldn’t be able to get onto an AFL list

With half the season done, some list decisions would begin to be put together.

The likes of Murtagh and Conroy, these project players will probably be moved on.

Of the more senior players, big one off the top of my head would be Sexton IMO. Could see him being picked up by another club looking for a small forward, seems to be rated well below the likes of Rankine, Ainsworth and Rosas currently.

With half the season done, some list decisions would begin to be put together.

The likes of Murtagh and Conroy, these project players will probably be moved on.

Of the more senior players, big one off the top of my head would be Sexton IMO. Could see him being picked up by another club looking for a small forward, seems to be rated well below the likes of Rankine, Ainsworth and Rosas currently.

Safe to say the following will be delisted…

Jez McLennan, Patrick Murtagh, Matt Conroy.

Who should be worried…

Rhys Nicholls, Josh Corbett, Alex Sexton, Chris Burgess, Hewago Paul Oea.

There will likely be potential trades too. I just think we will keep rolling those draft picks into the next year

Safe to say the following will be delisted…

Jez McLennan, Patrick Murtagh, Matt Conroy.

Who should be worried…

Rhys Nicholls, Josh Corbett, Alex Sexton, Chris Burgess, Hewago Paul Oea.

There will likely be potential trades too. I just think we will keep rolling those draft picks into the next year

I reckon Sexton will create quite a lot of interest.

Doesn’t appear in Dew’s best 22 plans. I think Dew is now more likely to bring in a mid and play them fwd before bringing Sexton back.

Can see an amicable split at seasons end if still in the reserves. He would be on decent coin.

Keep Sexton for depth for another year if he's happy. We don't need to rush to ship out good depth players who want to be here. A few injures and suddenly he's very important for us.
This.The plan all seems to be coming together at the moment but you're only ever a couple of injuries or a form slump away from needing a solid choice like Secco to come in and play.My feeling though is that he's behind DMac as next cab off the rank for that spot so his star has slipped dramatically

Taylor walker anyone?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't that what Markov is?

Markov is more of a Saad type operator, line breaking speed, his kicks are getting better.

Hoping to a more consistent kicker like Dawson, Campbell, Dale.

Luko, Weller & Powell are good just inconsistent at the moment

Doesn’t hurt to give ourselves room to make a selection in the MSD if someone we like slides.

But with our extended list, I can’t see more than 4-5 players in the pool worth us taking.

Also, f*** no to Taylor Walker. We have a good thing going with our forward line set-up with King to come back in. Don’t mess it up and ruin our cap.

I reckon Sexton will create quite a lot of interest.

Doesn’t appear in Dew’s best 22 plans. I think Dew is now more likely to bring in a mid and play them fwd before bringing Sexton back.

Can see an amicable split at seasons end if still in the reserves. He would be on decent coin.
Future forth Rd pick u think?

Could come in handy trying to dump Atkins and his contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back