2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were a few on here interested in bringing Buddy up to the Gold Coast next year but what's interesting is that Chol has kicked the exact same goals and behinds as Buddy year to date. What's even more interesting is Chol's overall accuracy sits at nearly 64% compared to Buddy's 55%. With Ben King coming back next season and Casboult not far behind Chol on 26 goals for the season I don't really know if we need Buddy as Chol has the same output. If Casboult decides to retire though at the end of the season as some have speculated Buddy would be the obvious choice to replace him.

King, Chol and Buddy would be one incredible forward line.
Chol.PNG

There were a few on here interested in bringing Buddy up to the Gold Coast next year but what's interesting is that Chol has kicked the exact same goals and behinds as Buddy year to date. What's even more interesting is Chol's overall accuracy sits at nearly 64% compared to Buddy's 55%. With Ben King coming back next season and Casboult not far behind Chol on 26 goals for the season I don't really know if we need Buddy as Chol has the same output. If Casboult decides to retire though at the end of the season as some have speculated Buddy would be the obvious choice to replace him.

King, Chol and Buddy would be one incredible forward line.
View attachment 1435747
I am one of those select few.

King Buddy Chol, King gets #2 best defender each week.

We play finals simple

UFA, he's taking a pay cut either way to continue playing footy.

How would we be Buddy centric with 3 gun talls?
We'd have to pay more than Sydney to entice him here. I wouldn't be paying anything over 500k and we would be paying more than that.

Sydney have McDonald who is a gun junior and they are still incredibly buddy centric. Hawks had him and Roughy and they were still buddy centric. It happens.
It's a waste of money and resources imo.
Casboult will play on, and King and Chol are plenty good enough.
Id prefer us chasing midfielders or defenders.

We'd have to pay more than Sydney to entice him here. I wouldn't be paying anything over 500k and we would be paying more than that.

Sydney have McDonald who is a gun junior and they are still incredibly buddy centric. Hawks had him and Roughy and they were still buddy centric. It happens.
It's a waste of money and resources imo.
Casboult will play on, and King and Chol are plenty good enough.
Id prefer us chasing midfielders or defenders.
Even if we don't go Buddy,

We'll get Ben back next year and it will be King centric either way.

A Key defender would be nice but right now none on the market

Midfielders we do have and we need to give them the chance to develop, Bowes, Flanders, Davies, Hollands, Budarick, Uwland.
1.jpeg

Midfielders we do have and we need to give them the chance to develop, Bowes, Flanders, Davies, Hollands, Budarick, Uwland.
View attachment 1435928
Rather King than a 36 year old Buddy.
We need a mature midfield option, Spittas bash and crash style means he won't be around forever. The rest of those guys bae Bowes are 3 or so seasons away from being A level. We can't wait 3 seasons.

We need a mature midfield option, Spittas bash and crash style means he won't be around forever. The rest of those guys bae Bowes are 3 or so seasons away from being A level. We can't wait 3 seasons.
Swallow actually looks very fresh to me this year and played great in most games, IMO. Not even strapping on knees. A couple of great chases with speed in Port game. He did not play basically 2 years during his career. If his knees are OK he may last longer than we think.

Swallow actually looks very fresh to me this year and played great in most games, IMO. Not even strapping on knees. A couple of great chases with speed in Port game. He did not play basically 2 years during his career. If his knees are OK he may last longer than we think.
While that is true, he will be 30 at the end of this year. I love Spitta, he has been a Warrior and played some good footy this year. He just could be gone at any stage.

I don't think it will take 3 season for Bowes.

George Hewett was a role player, tagger at Sydney.

Moved into the guts at Carlton and looks to be recruit of the year, same story for Bowes role player in the backline, just needs his opportunity in the guts, which would of been perfect this week but our recent injuries down back may have to keep him there

I don't think it will take 3 season for Bowes.

George Hewett was a role player, tagger at Sydney.

Moved into the guts at Carlton and looks to be recruit of the year, same story for Bowes role player in the backline, just needs his opportunity in the guts, which would of been perfect this week but our recent injuries down back may have to keep him there
I meant to say bar Bowes, I know he is pretty much ready to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1435928

Darcy Gardiner or Jack Payne from Lions would both be a big upgrade on Graham

What i've got on my spreadsheet (Could be wrong please correct me)

Markov, Tsitas, Rankine, Burgess, Casboult, Uwland, Constable, Faulkhead, Nicholls, Rosas, Murtagh, Mclennan, Brock, Graham, Oea, Conroy

Davies, Sexton, Holman, Fiorini, Day, Weller, Anderson, Thompson, Rowell, Sharp, Flanders, Macpherson, Farrar

Atkins, Bowes, Ellis, Ainsworth, Lemmens, Swallow, Witts, King, Hollands, Jeffery, Moyle

Chol, Ballard, Collins, Andrew, Budarick

Lukosius, Powell

Miller
Pretty sure Rosas signed for 2 years at the end of 2021.

AFL.com.au understands Rosas will ink a two-year deal with Gold Coast, taking him through until at least the end of the 2023 campaign, having broken through for his senior debut earlier this season.

Yes we turned pick 3 into Callum Ah Chee. There I said it …

1656587697323.gif

Could we look at Nathan Wilson?

Keep it simple this off-season.
Tinker at the margins. There will be role players available who get delisted or traded for 4th rounders, if we need to fill a spot (like another key defender)

Keep draft and cap powder dry for if/when an A grader shakes loose, otherwise wait.

Will need new deals for Ando and Rowell at end of next year. The sitting tight and waiting and not doing much is hard (and boring), but with an internally improving list it is the right strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back