2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sounds very similar to a young Nick Holman.

Fast, aggressive, good tackler. Sounds like pressure forward traits to me.

Been crying out for Ben Ainsworth to get some midfield time, maybe Tom Berry can get in there for a burst.

Tom Sparrow/Jack Viney type of role.

If you're Bowes and have the choose of North, Saints, Essendon, Hawks, geelong... (if he does want to play in vic) Geelong would be easy bets I reckon. Especially with Danger's endorsement, and the fact they have been interested in him for a long time prior to now.
Yeah Cats for sure but could you imagine if Clarkson is cleared of no wrongdoing and picks up Bowes, Clark, Tucker, Logue as well as pick 7 with their first pick… that would be an impressive haul. Hope he goes Kangas would be good to see them bounce back after we get there future second

Yeah Cats for sure but could you imagine if Clarkson is cleared of no wrongdoing and picks up Bowes, Clark, Tucker, Logue as well as pick 7 with their first pick… that would be an impressive haul. Hope he goes Kangas would be good to see them bounce back after we get there future second
Cats will only use him won’t play him they just want pick 7 he would fit perfectly in the Roos team with other pick ups

Well to quote my post a few days earlier… 2 things are true, Ben is being a negative poster and I’m blind… won’t be long before a bad decision is made
And I'm here to say I haven't got every decision in my life right, and I reckon I'm not alone.....but 'm still here kickin' on...

it is what it is.....

Yeah. It'll be his decision. Where appeals to him, but Cats would have to convince him he will play games; otherwise there would be no point. But feels Geelong would suit him, the area as well. With Selwood retiring and some others, there may be opportunities there.

Jeez Nick Holman is an advertisement for young guys who get delisted. Pick 51, played 9 games in 2 seasons then went back and played well at SANFL level.

Go picked up by suns in 2017 rookie draft.

Played 80 AFL games to date with the suns and finished top 10 in the bnf 3/5 years.

He would be so grateful to the suns, just as we are for him.

GWS are going to be overflowing with picks in the trade period and have stated they will spread it into next year. Wonder if we swap our first next year with pick 12 which they will get from Richmond. Probably about the sweet spot for hollands, allows us to be creative with pick 5.

GWS are going to be overflowing with picks in the trade period and have stated they will spread it into next year. Wonder if we swap our first next year with pick 12 which they will get from Richmond. Probably about the sweet spot for hollands, allows us to be creative with pick 5.
First next year could be top 5 in a strong draft given our history and despite all the noise with Jed Walters there is a fair chance that he could fall outside that range.

First next year could be top 5 in a strong draft given our history and despite all the noise with Jed Walters there is a fair chance that he could fall outside that range.
Do you mean our 2023 first will be a top 5 pick? No offence, but I hope you're wrong :p

Wonder if WC would swap their 2023 1st for 5 and a couple of the 2nd rounders we have? Probably not as that might be pick 1 next year and everyone wants Harley Reid.

Would get us ahead of a Walters bid though (best to assume someone bids high on him).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if it’s been put in or not but I think if you can convince Bowes to north
You are trying to get rid of 7 anyway so I’d look at offering 5 (rankine pick), 7, bowes for pick 1. Use 2 of your 2nd rounders on Thomas and still have 1 to use in the draft. I think that’d be a great result

Not sure if it’s been put in or not but I think if you can convince Bowes to north
You are trying to get rid of 7 anyway so I’d look at offering 5 (rankine pick), 7, bowes for pick 1. Use 2 of your 2nd rounders on Thomas and still have 1 to use in the draft. I think that’d be a great result
It's pretty clear that it's up to Bowes where he wants to go (Cameron interview yesterday). Suns accommodate whatever choice he makes. It's up to clubs interested in Bowes to make a case to him.

IMO, there is no need for pick 1 for Suns.

It's pretty clear that it's up to Bowes where he wants to go (Cameron interview yesterday). Suns accommodate whatever choice he makes. It's up to clubs interested in Bowes to make a case to him.

IMO, there is no need for pick 1 for Suns.
Agree. With Ollie Hollands moving up the draft rankings a pick between 9 and 12 is all we need this year.

Agree. With Ollie Hollands moving up the draft rankings a pick between 9 and 12 is all we need this year.
Twomey now has Hollands 12, Busslinger dropped to 14, Humprey is 6.

It will be interesting if we use just 5 (6) provided we get it from Crows, or trade it down or use pick 6 plus get another one for Hollands. I suspect it will be only one pick in first round.

Ashcroft is going to the Lions, Wardlaw is injury prone, Sheezel is a flight risk, Cadman is a key forward and we really don’t need key forwards. Our only real options then are Tsatas or (more likely) Busslinger who will probably both be available at pick 5 so there’s no point of us going for pick 1

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do you mean our 2023 first will be a top 5 pick? No offence, but I hope you're wrong :p

Wonder if WC would swap their 2023 1st for 5 and a couple of the 2nd rounders we have? Probably not as that might be pick 1 next year and everyone wants Harley Reid.

Would get us ahead of a Walters bid though (best to assume someone bids high on him).
I hope he’s wrong too but we are gutting depth and with a few key injuries ( and what would a Suns year be without them) a top 5 pick is a real possibility

I hope he’s wrong too but we are gutting depth and with a few key injuries ( and what would a Suns year be without them) a top 5 pick is a real possibility
Time will tell I guess, but I see blue skies for the Suns. So many talented players improving. Finals a big chance this year given a reasonable run with injuries.

Don't see losing Bowes and Fiorini as significant.

Time will tell I guess, but I see blue skies for the Suns. So many talented players improving. Finals a big chance this year given a reasonable run with injuries.

Id much rather lose a little bit of depth than lose multiple best 22 players.
Richmond lost loads of depth over their flag winning seasons, didn't stop them.

Depth is important to cover injuries. But I also see it as integral to development of younger players in the VFL. Actually playing solid football at that tier is great for players like Andrew, Flanders and Hollands, or even Ace, Brock and Moyle etc. rather than getting belted each week…

But yes, Fiorini and Bowes out hurt, but don’t cripple at all. If they both left we can still pick up cheaper midfield options like we did with Constable or even a Tsitas who can play a similar role. Lower ceiling, but get the job done and play for minimum wage.

I think Bowes will come back to haunt us, I think he has class but heaven knows I hope you’re right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back