2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, at the moment our back up tall is Graham (who finds his way in this week…) so I think we should assess all of the options available to us to improve our tall list.

Ladhams (Port) 23yo 202cm 101kg R/F would be a good get to back up Wittsy, King and Corbett.......would fit in well on the Goldy with all the other SA lads....

Sam Collins, Charlie Ballard, Rory Thompson, Caleb Graham, Jack Hombsch - Key Defenders

Jarrod Witts, Matt Conroy, Zac Smith, Ned Moyle - Rucks

Ben King, Sam Day, Joel Jeffrey, Josh Corbett, Patrick Murtagh, Chris Burgess -Key Forwards

Obviously there is some cross over in each of those positions but if I’m Craig Cameron I prioritise a key defender as whilst our forward options aren’t great we have zero coverage down back

What about Esava Ratugolea 22 out of contract I believe.
Will only get better with age

Can hold the key forward post n take screamers.
Kicks more goals then Day

And is very handy in the ruck

Crouch gets alot of the ball but isn't very damaging with it, if we are giving up our top pick for a mature player we want a key defender to help Collins and Ballard, Talia would be good if he stays injury free but history isn't on his side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crouch gets alot of the ball but isn't very damaging with it, if we are giving up our top pick for a mature player we want a key defender to help Collins and Ballard, Talia would be good if he stays injury free but history isn't on his side.
Kinda need that Crouch player right now, He's a RFA so wont cost us anything; i reckon we offer him 600-650k and sell him our plans for him. If we can convince him then thats a big win. I don't think he's the type of bloke to chase money, we have a good future and he would slot nicely with Touk, Rowell, Swallow inside, which will let Anderson, Weller, Hollands, Flanders develop and look more flashier.

Don't forget he has a All Australian Jacket, very good player, very good kick. Swallow & Greenwood can't play forever inside, at least they can play forward

Talia is probably worth the risk on low-ish wages. Would fill a gap for a few years.

Not sure about M Crouch, don't think he would be worth the salary he would want. He's a solid B grader for me, we have Swallow and Greenwood in that bracket already. He will just take midfield time off the young developing guys, without adding enough. Also coming off a year where he hasn't played. Would rather Dunstan on lower wages if that were an option.

Crouch is OOC so wouldn't require a trade.

Crows
Kinda need that Crouch player right now, He's a RFA so wont cost us anything; i reckon we offer him 600-650k and sell him our plans for him. If we can convince him then thats a big win. I don't think he's the type of bloke to chase money, we have a good future and he would slot nicely with Touk, Rowell, Swallow inside, which will let Anderson, Weller, Hollands, Flanders develop and look more flashier.

Don't forget he has a All Australian Jacket, very good player, very good kick. Swallow & Greenwood can't play forever inside, at least they can play forward
crows probably thinking that whilst they are down the bottom of the ladder a good compensation pick is worth more than crouch.

they’ve got a young midfield
Hately, schoenburg, pedlar, berry who all play inside to varying degrees.

with Sloane and laird as more senior members.

I don’t rate crouch as a top grade player but he would definitely improve our midfield.

Crows

crows probably thinking that whilst they are down the bottom of the ladder a good compensation pick is worth more than crouch.

they’ve got a young midfield
Hately, schoenburg, pedlar, berry who all play inside to varying degrees.

with Sloane and laird as more senior members.

I don’t rate crouch as a top grade player but he would definitely improve our midfield.
He might improve it next season, but what about when he's in year 3 of a 5 year contract and Rowell, Anderson, Flanders, and (hopefully) Hollands have all gone past him but we're stuck with him on big dollars? Not sure he's worth it.

He might improve it next season, but what about when he's in year 3 of a 5 year contract and Rowell, Anderson, Flanders, and (hopefully) Hollands have all gone past him but we're stuck with him on big dollars? Not sure he's worth it.
Will he improve the list as much as Atkins?

My guess is that a lot of clubs will start moving towards more contracts with trigger clauses. Do GC have the $$ either way?

I'd say a club with cap space to burn will throw a 3 year contract at him at around $650-$700K per year. He's had an injury interrupted year, but doesn't have the same historical injury issues of his brother.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

My guess is that a lot of clubs will start moving towards more contracts with trigger clauses. Do GC have the $$ either way?

I'd say a club with cap space to burn will throw a 3 year contract at him at around $650-$700K per year. He's had an injury interrupted year, but doesn't have the same historical injury issues of his brother.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
We have a bit of money, we just haven't landed anyone. We have a shitload of rookie contracts on our list, and alot of battlers like Day, Holman, Macpherson who wouldn't be overpaid

I Do agree clubs are going the contract + trigger clauses so i'm sure he would get a nice base salary + AA, B&F, Finals Bonuses which would be huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back