2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought, what if we could lose the salaries of Brodie and fiorini and put that into matt crouch. His value may have dropped a bit this year but he has been a very good player who finds the ball. Averages over 28 touches a game over his career and at the age of 26 is in that window we're looking at
Pass, injury prone and not a huge upgrade on Fiorini and Brodie

Haines, in his presser about this week, talked about Greenwood’s injury but said he had confidence in other mids to fill his role in their own way. Anderson, Weller and then (for the future) Davies were all mentioned. Brodie’s name didn’t come up at all. His papers seem well and truely stamped. I’d be surprised to see him at the top level for the Suns again. Future 3rd round pick coming our way…

Mentioned a while ago we should look at either Talia or Tarrant short term.
Would love Tarrant, he's still got it. Don't think he will leave with only 1-2 years left in his playing career and still best 22 at north, OOC pretty sure.

Talia would of been nice 1-2 years ago, think he's a truck now.

Last night's GCSUNSCAST mitch cleary suggested suns should go all in for Talia from crows. Currently out of contract. Should be a unrestricted free agent. Thoughts?
Entirely depends on the state of his foot.
A 30 year old big man with a foot injury which has kept him out for an entire season...

How hopeful would you be that he could play more than 10 games for the club.

Does he ever get on the park though? Only time l've ever seen him live he's always injured and in the tracksuit.
Games played
2021 - 0 , in April foot surgery, spur irritating tendon
2020 - 14, played with torn meniscus, knee surgery
2019 - 22
2018 - 18, fracture shin, off season lateral meniscus injury, knee surgery
2017 - 24
2016 - 24
2015 - 22

Games played
2021 - 0 , in April foot surgery, spur irritating tendon
2020 - 14, played with torn meniscus, knee surgery
2019 - 22
2018 - 18, fracture shin, off season lateral meniscus injury, knee surgery
2017 - 24
2016 - 24
2015 - 22
Reminds me of Phil Davis - its a steep descent.

Interested to know the consensus on what Sean Lemmens will do at the end of the year being an unrestricted free agent? A very very good player for your side who if played for a VIC club would be hailed as a gun. Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two clubs have expressed preliminary interest in out of contract Hawthorn player Oliver Hanrahan.

Foxfooty.com.au understands Geelong and Gold Coast have asked the question of Hanrahan’s management.

Interested to know the consensus on what Sean Lemmens will do at the end of the year being an unrestricted free agent? A very very good player for your side who if played for a VIC club would be hailed as a gun. Cheers
Re sign.
We’ve had a lot of faith in him.
Played him for basically 70 games before he became an AFL level player, just starting to put it together really well now.
Much loved leader, especially amongst indigenous boys around the club. Can’t see him moving. Just think it’ll take some time to work out his contract given his spike in performance.

Im not sure Lemmens is a 'very very good player', but it's been reported that he's going to re-sign.
Been our 2nd best defender this year, doesn't get beaten often and oppo small/medium forwards are usually our Achilles heel. Will get a 10 top B&F finish imo, fantastic year from Lemmo

Two clubs have expressed preliminary interest in out of contract Hawthorn player Oliver Hanrahan.

Foxfooty.com.au understands Geelong and Gold Coast have asked the question of Hanrahan’s management.

I mentioned this earlier, only saving guess for the Suns is Geelong are the other rumoured team to be looking at him. Plays a position we have ample cover for

Giving Dustin Martin a bath was certainly a highlight for me. I've always been critical of Lemmens but he has finally started to show his potential.
We used to not have any good kickers so maybe he was first in line to take on a dangerous kick.

Now we have Lukosius & Powell who can nail them so he can play the safe kicks like Collins and Ballard do

Bowes....... ah please move him out of defence haha

Markov is improving on those short kicks, while Sharp you can tell has put alot of work into them.

All young plenty of upside, no need to rush Budarick back IF Lemmens still retains this form next year

Certainly not doubting that Lemmens is having a career year, but that doesn't make him a very very good player. I still have heart-in-mouth moments when he tries to kick the ball. Importantly for him now is that he's really playing to his strengths more. Lots of body work, dialling back on the full-throttle mindset the entire time.

But kick long up the boundary, Seany. Just kick long for my own sanity. Please don't try short kicks up the boundary that go out of bounds on the full again.

If you did enough medical testing around his foot, I would be heavily into Talia. Would add a lot of solidity to our defence.
A wall of Collins and Ballard with Talia on the last line covering? Yes please.

Grab a healthy Talia and draft a big developing KPD and all of a sudden we’re not looking too bad at all down back.

Not sure about that foot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back