A-League 2023/24 A-League Men Grand Final Thread - Central Coast Mariners V Melbourne Victory

A-League

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have sold out easily at Allianz. Victory allocation of 2k went almost instantly, we would have brought around 8-10k to Allianz.

Given that the entire ground sold out within 2 days of going on sale it wouldn't be surprising if the rest of the tickets were snapped up by Mariners fans and/or neutrals coming along for the experience.

And who's buying the other 30k tickets?

And who's buying the other 30k tickets?
Mariners fans
Grand Finals in any code are big events I'm sure a few neutrals and football fans from Sydney would have brought tickets. APL would have also been able to sell a few extra corporate packages too. Whether it would have sold out Allianz through is debateable. But it would have gotten over 30k plus for sure.

CCM won the right to host the Grand Final at their home ground. What the hell is the point of being the highest placed qualifier if you get shafted from your home ground and lose home ground advantage? I'm still pissed our home GF in 2019 was played at Optus to get more bandwagon fans in that would never have been to a game in their life.

CCM won the right to host the Grand Final at their home ground. What the hell is the point of being the highest placed qualifier if you get shafted from your home ground and lose home ground advantage? I'm still pissed our home GF in 2019 was played at Optus to get more bandwagon fans in that would never have been to a game in their life.

There has to be some sort of standard.

If WU won the hosting rights I am pretty sure the APl wouldnt host the game out at Tarneit in its current state.

They'd have to make the trip to AAMI.

Ours got moved to Adelaide Oval and it was one of the best games I've been to, including a world cup.

Ours got moved to Adelaide Oval and it was one of the best games I've been to, including a world cup.
I went to the Optus Stadium GF and it was great, people were right into it (probably coming off the back of that ****ing nuts final v Adelaide with the pennos).

People want the game to grow then get pissy when we ditch the shitty little dinky arenas for massive stadiums (and sell them out).

The real issue is sides like Victory and City playing GFs at ****ing AAMI. they should be selling out Marvel at a minimum.

I went to the Optus Stadium GF and it was great, people were right into it (probably coming off the back of that ******* nuts final v Adelaide with the pennos).

People want the game to grow then get pissy when we ditch the shitty little dinky arenas for massive stadiums (and sell them out).

The real issue is sides like Victory and City playing GFs at ******* AAMI. they should be selling out Marvel at a minimum.
Victory will sell out Marvel in a canter we have previously, City not so sure.

I don’t see the issue with Gosford hosting.
The league lost me when they did the 5 year deal for Sydney GFs.

If your a Victory supporter who was enraged with that deal you must respect that CCM deserved to host and it is what it is.
A fortnight ago Victory only got 14k? to the first leg of a semi and are now claiming 8,000 would go to Sydney for the game.

It might actually encourage fans to purchase season tickets in the future so they have a better chance of obtaining a finals ticket on pre release.

This will be a great occasion for the Mariners fans and considering there were some rock bottom times 10 years ago this is a great reward for those that stuck with them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely cannot stand them but have to hand it to Victory.

Sydney FC have as many premierships (?) but it feels like theirs have been far more obvious or tilted in riches.

Feels like the Victory have either been a totally dominant team or pulled off upsets with relatively unfancied teams. Sydney have definitely won a GF or two from chokes. Victory are either clearly the best side or dogged as ****.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back