Autopsy 2023 Rd 13 Another loss. Devoid of headline material

Remove this Banner Ad

That crowd behaviour was appalling.

I’ve been a loyal supporter of this club for more than 50 years. I’ve never been so disgusted at Carlton fans.

And yes, I was around when we were brilliant. That doesn’t disqualify me from criticising supporters who weren’t, as if that’s somehow “patronising”. It’s just a fact. Experiencing current years after experiencing our best era is not a barrel of laughs either.

My family was split down the line between the boys who followed Dad barracking for the Blues, and the girls who followed Mum and barracked for the Bulldogs. Mum didn’t see a flag between 1954 and 2016, FFS. My sisters have only seen the one. They NEVER behaved even close to that. Neither did I see any Doggies fan behave like that when I went almost every second week to watch them as a kid.

So you haven’t experienced success. That’s no excuse for that behaviour. Get some perspective. Harden the * up.

I blame your father.....same as I blame me.

My son is also approachiing 30. I brainwashed him into this lifelong misery. He, like you, was in swadlling clothes the last time our club was actually powerful and relevent.

I can honestly say none of us saw almost 30 years of shitness in the future. We were the Mighty CFC, slayer of all, Champion club among clubs.

....then it all turned to merde.

I apologise to both of you.
I have no one to blame except myself. Dad doesn't follow footy. Mum follows the cats. My uncle works for the cats and the rest of the family is a strong mix of Richmond and geelong.... Left to my own devices I picked the best looking team - blue is good - as a young lad also because I liked kouta etc.
That crowd behaviour was appalling.

I’ve been a loyal supporter of this club for more than 50 years. I’ve never been so disgusted at Carlton fans.

And yes, I was around when we were brilliant. That doesn’t disqualify me from criticising supporters who weren’t, as if that’s somehow “patronising”. It’s just a fact. Experiencing current years after experiencing our best era is not a barrel of laughs either.

My family was split down the line between the boys who followed Dad barracking for the Blues, and the girls who followed Mum and barracked for the Bulldogs. Mum didn’t see a flag between 1954 and 2016, FFS. My sisters have only seen the one. They NEVER behaved even close to that. Neither did I see any Doggies fan behave like that when I went almost every second week to watch them as a kid.

So you haven’t experienced success. That’s no excuse for that behaviour. Get some perspective. Harden the * up.
Couldn't be a more targeted post without quoting the target if you tried. I also explicitly said I didn't condone that behaviour so there's that you got wrong immediately... Your whole rant seems to be predicated on stuff I've said I don't condone but somehow you've lumped it back in. Don't conflate what I was saying about young fans having a unique issue in supporting a club, that older generations don't understand, with throwing a tantrum at the footy, have never done that and will never do it, however i am fully allowed to express that I haven't seen even a top 4 finish in my time watching and hey, I'm still here, so who exactly needs to harden up? Usually the one going too hard, emotion first...

And I couldn't give two fifths of * all about the subjective experience of Bulldogs fans when I know someone who was glassed after a footy game by a dogs fan. No one condones Yobo bullshit at the footy. Every fan base has them no use pretending otherwise. Head in the sand nonsense.

It's also important to understand telling the younger generation of fans to harden up is absolutely useless and won't get anyone anywhere. Can't throw a tanty over booing players then boo at supporters. Bit odd.

I have no one to blame except myself. Dad doesn't follow footy. Mum follows the cats. My uncle works for the cats and the rest of the family is a strong mix of Richmond and geelong.... Left to my own devices I picked the best looking team - blue is good - as a young lad also because I liked kouta etc.

Couldn't be a more targeted post without quoting the target if you tried. I also explicitly said I didn't condone that behaviour so there's that you got wrong immediately... Your whole rant seems to be predicated on stuff I've said I don't condone but somehow you've lumped it back in. Don't conflate what I was saying about young fans having a unique issue in supporting a club, that older generations don't understand, with throwing a tantrum at the footy, have never done that and will never do it, however i am fully allowed to express that I haven't seen even a top 4 finish in my time watching and hey, I'm still here, so who exactly needs to harden up? Usually the one going too hard, emotion first...

And I couldn't give two fifths of * all about the subjective experience of Bulldogs fans when I know someone who was glassed after a footy game by a dogs fan. No one condones Yobo bullshit at the footy. Every fan base has them no use pretending otherwise. Head in the sand nonsense.

It's also important to understand telling the younger generation of fans to harden up is absolutely useless and won't get anyone anywhere. Can't throw a tanty over booing players then boo at supporters. Bit odd.
You misunderstood my post and I could’ve expressed it better.

If you read it I never said you condoned or participated in that behaviour. My post is “targeted” at those fans, not you. The only part of my post that was “targeted” at something you said was the bit where I didn’t agree with you saying it was patronising for older fans to criticise younger fans for behaving that way.

The “you” in the final para is not you personally, it’s a collective “you” directed at those fans. I apologise if you saw it as a personal attack. It wasn’t.

Scores for the year
6.16 (Rd 13)
11.8 Bris
132.165 (Total)

Doesn’t help our cause. Just heard David King on SEN outline our areas of improvement and key defensive statistics. He says that while we are not perfect the team is statistically one of the hardest to score against. We need to take our chances and this table shows how much the pressure can ease if we learn to be more efficient forward of Centre.
David King was laughing at us 2 months ago on Whatleys show.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Bombers gave an awesome display when they decided to flick the switch, quick, skilled, precise, football in one quarter exciting and compelling, they dismissed our team.
We‘re able to create some chaos footy for a while, then we’re a push over.
Our playing list except a handful of extraordinary players, is very ordinary and needs to be addressed over next 2 /3 years.
Our head coach is another huge dilemma Vossy , just ain’t the one, eventually the club will come around to accepting reality.

Bombers gave an awesome display when they decided to flick the switch, quick, skilled, precise, football in one quarter exciting and compelling, they dismissed our team.
Our playing list except a handful of extraordinary players, is very ordinary and needs to be addressed over next 2 /3 years.
Our head coach is another huge dilemma Vossy , just ain’t the one, eventually the club will come around to accepting reality.
Spot on.

Whatever change they made at half time they put us away with ease in the 3Q. Completely different to first half where we were at least in the game. Second half Voss was shown up big time. I don't know if he made any changes to try and counteract their dominance but even he did it wasn't very effective. On paper we look just as good if not better than *. I'm putting it down mostly to a lack of coaching nous by Voss/coaching team.

Chris Pelchen says hi!

I blame your father.....same as I blame me.

My son is also approachiing 30. I brainwashed him into this lifelong misery. He, like you, was in swadlling clothes the last time our club was actually powerful and relevent.

I can honestly say none of us saw almost 30 years of shitness in the future. We were the Mighty CFC, slayer of all, Champion club among clubs.

....then it all turned to merde.

I apologise to both of you.
You won't be apologising when the blues eventually win some silverware again

All the pain and suffering becomes more than worth it.

You won't be apologising when the blues eventually win some silverware again

All the pain and suffering becomes more than worth it.
Of course not. Why would I be apologising for success?

What is hurting me and many others is that CFC is losing a generation of suporters. When we old timers have gone, there will be skeletal few left that are still proud and passionate.

They can brag about 90k members, but my suspicion is the numbers will plummet next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course not. Why would I be apologising for success?

What is hurting me and many others is that CFC is losing a generation of suporters. When we old timers have gone, there will be skeletal few left that are still proud and passionate.

They can brag about 90k members, but my suspicion is the numbers will plummet next year.
You might be right but I doubt that'll happen. Richmond didn't lose a generation of supporters when we were a joke for decades. Only the weak jumped off, and if they jump off they were never true supporters.

Richmond came good, Carlton will also. The future supporter base will be fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back