2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Jarrod Berry basically another version of noah Anderson

Need to make finals to be in a premiership window. I personally don't think we are near it yet. We need another outside winger and some more speed off the backline. Rioli is a must get imo, imagine having Rioli and Weller running off the backline with Andrew and Ballard intercepting everything. We would suddenly look a lot more dangerous.

Could Powell or Weller shift to wing?

So what is the ideal front line?

King, Luko, Walter as the talls
Rosas, one of Berry/Holman and Rogers
Humpa rotaing forward and mid?

Humpa probably plays more midfield in the next few years as his fitness improves, but Lombard could fill that role at least initially?

Need to find a spot long term for a second ruck too.
I reckon so. It’s actually hard to fit them all when fit, which is why I think Holman gets squeezed sooner rather than later, especially when Rosas is back!

Walter as deep, bash and crash forward (and also kind of a pressure forward).

King as lead up forward who draws away multiple defenders but can also isolate and win a foot race ground ball.

Luko as roaming high forward for his entries that rotates deep at times for closer goals.

Ainsworth as a half forward to add goal assists, and maybe mid/wing rotations.

Rosas at the feet of King/Walter or dropping into a hole to mark to be our prime small.

Berry as a pressure forward.

Humphrey as the extra forward who rotates mid.

Rogers has the speed, but maybe bides some time developing forward craft. Holman and Swallow further as the depth.

So maybe a perfect forward line might be:
Berry, Luko, Humphrey
Rosas, Walter, King

+ Ainsworth starting bench

Good mix of speed, power, toughness and actual goalkicking ability there.

Rogers as bench or sub for now to inject speed on-ball or forward.

I think Humphrey and Rogers get more mid time in the future too, giving more flexibility.

That's going to make it a lot easier for us to hold on to our academy guns. Theoretically, we should be able to trade both 2026 & 2027 picks (Tassie's first draft) for 2025 picks to hang on to our highly rated academy players. Only issue will be if we finish top 4 and more than one of our academy players is rated as a first round pick. Still, there's always the option to use a natural pick instead of matching a bid.

I’ll still take John Noble if we can tempt him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dusty as crazy as it sounds would be a list clogger and set us backwards from a list perspective

Can’t see why he can’t do a Travis boak mentorship towards Humphrey.
Dusty and Humphrey in the same forward line for 2 years will be great.

Looked cooked when they got spanked by 100+ looks fine tonight on the tigers biggest stage

e34eee32df20b86e778e74f9474d4b0f.jpg

This guy is legit FREE

I’m not sure what he has left in the tank, but you could argue the Suns absolutely could do with the greatest big game player of the modern era even if he can only manage short bursts outside of the forward 50.

Someone who has proven he can actually keep his cool under pressure and lead through his actions on the field, instead of completely losing the plot as soon as we are challenged like our entire group of current leaders.

Ok, maybe not Dusty, but if we go into yet another trade period failing to even try to bring in an outsider genuine leader who understands what it takes to win at the highest level, I’m going to flip out. At the moment, I couldn’t tell you 1 player I trust to rise to the occasion, like today for instance. And trying to develop leaders internally by learning from 14 years of failure ist isn’t going to get us there.

If our list goes back to normal size there is almost 500k to spend right there

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
This is true, also think guys like holman, Ellis, dmac and more would be ridiculously over paid. It's nice having depth but need to move past having guys on a packet running around in the 2s.

This is true, also think guys like holman, Ellis, dmac and more would be ridiculously over paid. It's nice having depth but need to move past having guys on a packet running around in the 2s.
Probably only Ellis (rumoured 400K) but he will be gone or on significantly reduced salary next year. Macpherson wanted to stay and agreed to spread his salary, so probably not on a lot and also possibly gone. Holman getting always 1-2 years deals, I doubt he is on a great salary.

We got 37 on senior list which count in salary cap. Oea and Day are probably on peanuts.

Rookies cost us nothing in cap unless we pay them extra (mostly probably not).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back