2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Rowell and Andrew the 2 big ones we need to extend. Andrew is going to get some crazy offers next year, let's hope he stays loyal. I'd be pretty confident Rowell stays.

Rowell and Andrew the 2 big ones we need to extend. Andrew is going to get some crazy offers next year, let's hope he stays loyal. I'd be pretty confident Rowell stays.
Had a chat/laugh with Mac pre-game yesterday, a few of the VIC suns lads can confirm this is true robo_1 being one of them.

I said to Mac “when are they announcing your 6 year deal?”

He smiled, laughed and turned around to me and said “when they come to the party”

I said “please don’t leave Mac, we love you” (he knows he’s a fan favourite btw)

He said to me “don’t worry I’m not going anywhere”

I said to him “I’ve heard that before, rankine told me the same thing”

He burst out laughing and said “trust me, I’m all in. I love being up here with the boys. We have got exciting times coming up with the club and I want to be apart of it.”

Take that for what you will but I was 100% convinced Mac was telling the truth. He came across very genuine and I could tell it wasn’t just throwaway lines. Whereas, when Izak was saying those things to me he seemed hesitant in his responses, couldn’t look me in the eye etc.

Had a chat/laugh with Mac pre-game yesterday, a few of the VIC suns lads can confirm this is true robo_1 being one of them.

He smiled, laughed and turned around to me and said “when they come to the party”

I said “please don’t leave Mac, we love you” (he knows he’s a fan favourite btw)

He burst out laughing and said “trust me, I’m all in. I love being up here with the boys. We have got exciting times coming up with the club and I want to be apart of it.”

Take that for what you will but I was 100% convinced Mac was telling the truth. He came across very genuine and I could tell it wasn’t just throwaway lines. Whereas, when Izak was saying those things to me he seemed hesitant in his responses, couldn’t look me in the eye etc.
Mac knows he's HIM

Difference between Mac and Izak is that Mac has had a sign made for him 😂

Cal twomey suggesting there's a trade watch amongst clubs on charlie cameron. If he wanted to move clubs we'd have to enquire surely. Atleast we wouldn't have to play against him!

Cal twomey suggesting there's a trade watch amongst clubs on charlie cameron. If he wanted to move clubs we'd have to enquire surely. Atleast we wouldn't have to play against him!
Seems odd. Why?

Chad Warner knocked back the Swans contract offer earlier this year… make a big play?
Would add some pace and spark to the midfield

Pitchfork mob at Suns HQ for not coming to the party for Mac Freakin Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pitchfork mob at Suns HQ for not coming to the party for Mac Freakin Andrew

No doubt they wanted to see some consistency and continuity before they threw the bag at him.

I’m calling it now though I’ve seen enough. Pay the man!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet he will end up at a club with everyone wondering where they found the money.

eagles are paying no one, they will have plenty of cash

Yep. I think he was going to announce his retirement effective immediately a few weeks back and was convinced to at least get to 300 games. He will now do it straight after his 300th in a few weeks.
i see this is now getting some legs

People who want Dusty.

How much salary would you pay him?

I rather doubt he'd play another year (for anyone) for less that 700-800K (probably a fair bit higher), and he'll do next to no PR for the club.

He's already got bucket loads of cash, has won 3 flags, and seems to have lost his love for the game now that his mates have retired....It's not going to be easy to fire him back up for another year or two without some serious investments. (and just having Dimma around wont cut it...indeed, it could be a negative).

People who want Dusty.

How much salary would you pay him?

I rather doubt he'd play another year (for anyone) for less that 700-800K (probably a fair bit higher), and he'll do next to no PR for the club.

He's already got bucket loads of cash, has won 3 flags, and seems to have lost his love for the game now that his mates have retired....It's not going to be easy to fire him back up for another year or two without some serious investments. (and just having Dimma around wont cut it...indeed, it could be a negative).
It’s a really hard call in my opinion, if you bring him up here and he just goes through the motions, it would be a disaster. However, if you brought him up here and you got two years of vintage dusty, it could be the making of the club.

Glad I’m not making the call

Absolutely against it imo, reeks of a Dermie at Sydney. He has played 1 good game all year and would still cost way too much. Would have to be a sub 600k contract to even consider it. Not in our window to be topping up on aging stars.
It might be worth it for the extra eyeballs and maybe a few extra supporters.

A 1 year 600k contract wouldn't kill us, and we might make that back with the extra memberships and fans that Dusty's hype might generate.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm all for it. Miles better than what we have, we are crying out for someone who can set up scoring opportunities through great skill and awareness. We need to re replace players like holman, fiorini, Sexton if we want to challenge. Dusty will make players around him stand taller and we know what he can do in big games if we can make it that far. I'll add that my kids are already pumped at the idea that dusty could be playing in a Suns guernsey and asked what number I thought he would be wearing, I said it would be a safe bet no.4 will be available 😆 just shows the attention he brings and also the attention he'll take away from some of the young lads while they grow to be the next wave of stars.

I’m paying 600-700k

Waste of money? Most likely

If he can mentor Humphrey into a superstar

It will be worth it

If GWS can splash cash on Deledio, Griffin, Johnson past their prime, we can afford to have a crack.

Heppell and Johannisen not world beaters but would of been handy this year

Our team is full of kids still, we’ll be waiting few more years. Need to add experience

Remove this Banner Ad

Back