Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone able to split Sweet, Jones and Woewodin?

Sweet feels like a great option to get off Grundy and grab a premo mid. Reckon Grundy will go big this week so reluctant to trade till next week but Sweet seems a this week or never so would need to bring him in and bench this week.

Jones and Woewodin handy to have forward status rookies given we have 2 premos 🙃

Woewodin DPP even better for when I trade Howes and/or Hore.

Sweet feels like a great option to get off Grundy and grab a premo mid. Reckon Grundy will go big this week so reluctant to trade till next week but Sweet seems a this week or never so would need to bring him in and bench this week.

Jones and Woewodin handy to have forward status rookies given we have 2 premos 🙃

I could, but it's really a team dependent call. :p

Last edited:

I’d do the Sweet trade in SC but probably not in Fantasy

Jones should hold, would be very stiff to drop him after that performance. If they kept Thomas in they’ll find a spot for him, plus if it’s pissing down on the weekend it’ll suit the smalls perfectly

Woewodin is one I haven’t considered, although the FWD/DEF is really handy, if Jones doesn’t hold I’ll pivot to him

Last edited:
OK .....so this week, I'm taking a slide in the rankings ....I have to get my bench cash generating ...entirely too many dormant bench players

Holding Powell ......Oh WTF are you doing man ! .....he's an obvious trade out, leaking cash .....I'm dumb

What's even dumber is ...trading back in a Rookie at a premium rookie price ! .....but I've done it, pray for me

Sad medication time.gif
1714435430939.png

Sweet as coverage for Marshall @ R3

OK .....so this week, I'm taking a slide in the rankings ....I have to get my bench cash generating ...entirely too many dormant bench players

Holding Powell ......Oh WTF are you doing man ! .....he's an obvious trade out, leaking cash .....I'm dumb

What's even dumber is ...trading back in a Rookie at a premium rookie price ! .....but I've done it, pray for me

View attachment 1975019
View attachment 1975020
I wouldn't do either tbh.

A week is a long time in footy and in fantasy. If Sweet and McKercher score 50-70 this round it'll have been for nothing.

Meanwhile they's almost a mill in cash you're committing to being untouchable for at least a few weeks.

I'd hold both of Clark (nothing on him anyway) and Howes (cash to be made). and down upsomeone else. Eg. Sharp + another -> Jones + premo.

I wouldn't do either tbh.

A week is a long time in footy and in fantasy. If Sweet and McKercher score 50-70 this round it'll have been for nothing.

Meanwhile they's almost a mill in cash you're committing to being untouchable for at least a few weeks.

I'd hold both of Clark (nothing on him anyway) and Howes (cash to be made). and down upsomeone else. Eg. Sharp + another -> Jones + premo.
I'm predicting Marshall won't play .....so Sweet is a) insurance at R3 ....b) one of the few guaranteed cash generaters ATM

I'm predicting Sheezel plays more MID time ....who gets his chips ?
looking at McKerchers heat map, he had the Sheezel role in the last game ....I'm hoping that repeats this week against the SAINTS

Sometimes, you have to take a step back, to go 2 steps fwd

I'm predicting Marshall won't play .....so Sweet is a) insurance at R3 ....b) one of the few guaranteed cash generaters ATM

I'm predicting Sheezel plays more MID time ....who gets his chips ?
looking at McKerchers heat map, he had the Sheezel role in the last game ....I'm hoping that repeats this week against the SAINTS

Sometimes, you have to take a step back, to go 2 steps fwd
Fair enough on the Marshall front if that eventuates it may be a good option.

But I'm not confident in predicting anything Clarko is doing at the moment. Seems like he's just be throwing magnets on the board and seeing what sticks right now.

McKercher could line up forward pocket this week for all we know.

McKercher could line up forward pocket this week for all we know.
Clarko has to develop McKercher quickly .....he ain'd playing FP .....he ain't playing Midfield, where he got injured 1st hitout .....I think he'll tread the same path as he did with Sheezel in his first year

Get the ball in McKercher's hands as often as possible ...build his confidence, and use his elite leg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some wet weather this week, up the eastern seaboard ....will impact my trades & players on-field

Not good for those speedy small players (Jones, Rogers, and Harvey Thomas) .....good for the Rowell's and Green's of the world

SYD v GWS
1714436495339.png

BRIS v GC
1714436606523.png

Some wet weather this week, up the eastern seaboard ....will impact my trades & players on-field

Not good for those speedy small players (Jones, Rogers, and Harvey Thomas) .....good for the Rowell's and Green's of the world

SYD v GWS
View attachment 1975037

BRIS v GC
View attachment 1975038
Hmm, do I pivot my Crippa trade in to Rowell? Could go tackle crazy…. Good for Anderson too if he gets some tackles in

As a sample, R1 v Crows was raining all game, 29 touches and 10 tackles and 115 points. Sunday’s conditions will be perfect for his style of game.

And then the Suns head to Darwin for the next two after this week which also is handy as the conditions there will suit too

Last edited:

View attachment 1975019
View attachment 1975020

Sweet as coverage for Marshall @ R

Hmm, do I pivot my Crippa trade in to Rowell? Could go tackle crazy…. Good for Anderson too if he gets some tackles in

As a sample, R1 v Crows was raining all game, 29 touches and 10 tackles and 115 points. Sunday’s conditions will be perfect for his style of game
I was thinking the same, rowel is back to first year form and equally if not more reliable than chrips

Woewodin or D.Jones ?

Feels like Woewodin might have good scoring ability down back.
Also Gulden or Butters. I think Gulden will be very good all year, but maybe not this week ?
When in doubt my list of deciders:
  • BE game.
  • Who's cheapest.
  • Who's playing first this week (I like certainty in my side as rolling lockout unfolds).
  • Any DPP benefits.

I'm going Jones at this stage just for the $20k. The amount of times I've been short under $10k for the moves I want is outrageous. Hopefully one of these weeks I'll just nudge in on the move I want and I'll remember this moment...

When in doubt my list of deciders:
  • BE game.
  • Who's cheapest.
  • Who's playing first this week (I like certainty in my side as rolling lockout unfolds).
  • Any DPP benefits.

I'm going Jones at this stage just for the $20k. The amount of times I've been short under $10k for the moves I want is outrageous. Hopefully one of these weeks I'll just nudge in on the move I want and I'll remember this moment...

Yeah I have a spreadsheet where I look at:

• BE above season average
  • BE's 10+ points above season average
  • Type of player (Rookie/Mid-pricer/Premium) with priority in that order
  • Bye structure

In that order of priorities.

i need a premium mid but i miss out on sweet if i grab one now. fudge. how much does steele drop if he scored 120 odd? might get him early
Around $20k (just over if right on 120)
I feel he can't score badly again, must've been something in their multiple short breaks (3 games in 13 days) North this week. Let the scores resume.

Woewodin or D.Jones ?

Feels like Woewodin might have good scoring ability down back.
Also Gulden or Butters. I think Gulden will be very good all year, but maybe not this week ?
I'm leaning towards Woewodin', largely because his f/d dpp will help me with future trading. Jones is pretty solid option tho and will be a target next week if he keeps his spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back