Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently planning on:

Campbell > rookie
Sharp > Dale

Looking at Darcy Jones for the rookie downgrade this week, though I will prefer McAuliffe or Schoenmaker if named.

VERY nervous about Powell this week. If he doesn't regain his CBAs and knocks out another 40-ish score, anyone who jumped off immediately will have a huge advantage. Even if he's back to CBAs, maybe it is worth moving him on prior to his Round 12 bye anyway? Plenty to ponder...
Powell should get his mid role back, Phillips was shocking and Simpkin is injured

Still tossing up on my rookie in, trying to balance out cash gen and having money in the bank for next week.

Campbell to Jones leaves me with 117k
Campbell to Woewodin leaves me with 97k
Campbell to Hardeman leaves me with 94k

Hardeman and Woewodin probably have the best JS but Jones is the cheapest.

But if I go Gallagher out instead bringing in Hardeman leaves me with 100k

Hardeman offers a loop option as well for me.

Tough call…

Still tossing up on my rookie in, trying to balance out cash gen and having money in the bank for next week.

Tough call…
What about Campbell to Voss??????

Could be an option….. unsure of his JS though
Will depend on what they think they have put into Nev (Amiss). I think they will like him up fwd with him - they would have had plans when they listed him as late as they did

Voss surely dumped for Amiss?
Always that chance, but they did bring Voss onto the list late with good intentions and he showed something, and their limited scoring power is well documented.

Last edited:
1714529500005.png
How would you guys rate my trades for this round ? I'm happy to miss the boat on Sweet as he's only really put up one solid score so far and i'd rather just trade Grundy out when the time comes (Unless Conway plays). Happy to miss out on Mcrae because Miers is more consistent. Happy not bringing in Woe since he hasn't really had a high score until the last round. Also Curtin will probably be available next round as a downgrade option. Dale has a very high ceiling for a backman.

Last edited:

Tough call…
Surely Woewodin gives you a loop too.
It’s not called rookie roulette for nothing though.
Jones is good but not with the GWS competition for spots.

Screen Shot 2024-05-01 at 12.48.17 pm.png
Screen Shot 2024-05-01 at 12.47.36 pm.png

Unsure if I should bypass Sweet or grab him. Name of the game for me has been to build up team value ($19.79M) and then pounce of premos, which has worked well thus far - having snagged Butters, Steele (not so much now!) and Gulden over the past 3 weeks.

I could forgo Sweet and trade Jacko instead straight to English? Would mean having to field virtually another rookie in Thomas/Campbell/Garcia. Thoughts?

View attachment 1975929

Unsure if I should bypass Sweet or grab him. Name of the game for me has been to build up team value ($19.79M) and then pounce of premos, which has worked well thus far - having snagged Butters, Steele (not so much now!) and Gulden over the past 3 weeks.

I could forgo Sweet and trade Jacko instead straight to English? Would mean having to field virtually another rookie in Thomas/Campbell/Garcia. Thoughts?
I'd be trying to get rid of Jacko now that Darcy is back and sweet is a perfect opportunity to do that. Downgrade Jacko, upgrade in to an area of need ?

Last edited:
View attachment 1975911
How would you guys rate my trades for this round ? I'm happy to miss the boat on Sweet as he's only really put up one solid score so far and i'd rather just trade Grundy out when the time comes (Unless Conway plays). Happy to miss out on Mcrae because Miers is more consistent. Happy not bringing in Woe since he hasn't really had a high score until the last round. Also Curtin will probably be available next round as a downgrade option. Dale has a very high ceiling for a backman.
You are too happy based off your comments.

Do you even play fantasy?

Where is the rage/hate?

I like the unique picks. Cant argue with either based on current form. Dale concerns me only for the Bevo factor. With Libba returning Richards will be shunted back (I assume) which may have a knock on effect on Dale to some extent?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1975929
View attachment 1975928

Sharp vs Jackson BE 76 v 122. Trust Sharp to outscore him and lose less cash or BE.
Carry the 160k and better upgrade next week.
You can get a sneaky loop if Sweet goes sub 60 with Jackson but is that likely or worth it?
Sharp in mid Wilson forward. Move McKercher back and loop Reid/Graham is worth it.

Still can't decide on Dawson or Serong.

Dawson apart from this week has a really good run, also need round 15 bye players.

Serongs run a little harder, but round 13 bye is also good for structure.
It probably makes no difference in the end but I hate having trades locked game 1.

Any late outs or changes causes havoc. And if you're premo IN has been locked game 1 generally both moves are locked as a result (to a certain extent).

So at this stage I'm looking at Serong.

Still can't decide on Dawson or Serong.

Dawson apart from this week has a really good run, also need round 15 bye players.

Serongs run a little harder, but round 13 bye is also good for structure.
I'm going Dawson, Serong having the Tigers might cop a bit of attention like Marlion Pickett did to Trac last week.

Still can't decide whether to get in guys like McCrae/Baker with lower BEs (in the 70s) or go straight for premo keepers like Green/Daicos with higher BEs (110+) this week. The premo prices shouldn't get away too far, whereas if Crae/Baker pop, it makes it a lot harder to fill that threadbare forward line

Still can't decide whether to get in guys like McCrae/Baker with lower BEs (in the 70s) or go straight for premo keepers like Green/Daicos with higher BEs (110+) this week. The premo prices shouldn't get away too far, whereas if Crae/Baker pop, it makes it a lot harder to fill that threadbare forward line
Depends what you think they'll score. BE might be 40 apart but points might be 25-30 which is a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back