Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is advising me to hold Marshall. But moving to Sweet does wonders for my long-term team value.
I have Marshall as well .....brought Sweet onto my R3 bench ....Livingstone to the utility, which enables me to swap Sweet and Marshall, if Sweet goes big first up

I just dont get the Sweet move. But then I'm always missing these picks when they arise for the same reason (Briggs/Pruess in previous years).

Doing something like Xerri-> Sweet netts you $400k and a points loss (lets be real here, you can't call this a points neutral or a gain or you're being intentionally naive. It may fluke to be the case, but it is a fluke).

On the other side of it you upgrade a rookie.

Sweet will not average more than Xerri has (104). Xerri has made $265k in 7 games and started at $580k.
Sweet is $443k.
Lets for arguments sake say Sweet goes bananas and match's Xerri's gains of $265k and in only 6 games (lower price so maybe possible?).

Is that really all your doing this for? $265k? You lose +$243k right now and won't access it for 6 weeks. What are you losing for points on ground in doing that?

Why not just do a classic 1 up 1 down and still have Xerri on field? And have a $200-$250k rookie who'll make probably $200-$250k within 2months anyway.

I find this to be a really high risk play. A big element of luck is involved in this (which recent history has suggested favours those who take this move on).

It's not for me though.
What you have to consider is that not every rookie is going to make 200k+. Sweet looks like a deadset mega money maker for the next 4 weeks at least being solo ruck (most solo rucks can get 80+ average at least). Garcia was someone everyone was hot on last week as the best rookie and then he got a 40 and will probably only go up another 50-100k until he is maxed out. Sweet also has the best job security possible for the next 4-5 weeks. Any rookie could get dropped next week after a poor performance.

I just dont get the Sweet move. But then I'm always missing these picks when they arise for the same reason (Briggs/Pruess in previous years).

Doing something like Xerri-> Sweet netts you $400k and a points loss (lets be real here, you can't call this a points neutral or a gain or you're being intentionally naive. It may fluke to be the case, but it is a fluke).

Sweet will not average more than Xerri has (104). Xerri has made $265k in 7 games and started at $580k.
Sweet is $443k.
Lets for arguments sake say Sweet goes bananas and match's Xerri's gains of $265k and in only 6 games (lower price so maybe possible?).

Is that really all your doing this for? $265k? You lose +$243k right now and won't access it for 6 weeks. What are you losing for points on ground in doing that?

Why not just do a classic 1 up 1 down and still have Xerri on field? And have a $200-$250k rookie who'll make probably $200-$250k within 2months anyway.

I find this to be a really high risk play. A big element of luck is involved in this (which recent history has suggested favours those who take this move on).

It's not for me though.

I own Xerri and I'm certainly not doing it.

I'm however removing a higher priced rookie for him and I'm just happy to sit him on my bench and get his cash gen.
Just feeling more confident paying up for Sweet compared to the rookies available atm.

Unless he pops a massive one tonight. then I'd consider taking it and moving on Xerri.

What you have to consider is that not every rookie is going to make 200k+. Sweet looks like a deadset mega money maker for the next 4 weeks at least being solo ruck (most solo rucks can get 80+ average at least). Garcia was someone everyone was hot on last week as the best rookie and then he got a 40 and will probably only go up another 50-100k until he is maxed out. Sweet also has the best job security possible for the next 4-5 weeks. Any rookie could get dropped next week after a poor performance.
I get that but we can only cull 1x rookie per week (typically).

I doubt we'll have any issues finding a rookie with atleast 200k of fat on them every week up until byes at the very least (eg. Sharp this week. Then we still have Roberts, Wilson, Reid. Some would have Howes, Campbell still. Even Williams is basically a cash cow now not a startable player).

And come byes we get 3x trades so we can cull 2x thinner cows to get a premo.
By byes our teams will be done and any advantage from Sweet making $250-$300k by then is lost or redundant (in my opinion).

If chasing rank I think its a bad play to tie up cash in Sweet till byes that could be doing work on the field right now.

I get that but we can only cull 1x rookie per week (typically).

I doubt we'll have any issues finding a rookie with atleast 200k of fat on them every week up until byes at the very least (eg. Sharp this week. Then we still have Roberts, Wilson, Reid. Some would have Howes, Campbell still. Even Williams is basically a cash cow now not a startable player).

And come byes we get 3x trades so we can cull 2x thinner cows to get a premo.
By byes our teams will be done and any advantage from Sweet making $250-$300k by then is lost or redundant (in my opinion).

If chasing rank I think its a bad play to tie up cash in Sweet till byes that could be doing work on the field right now.
I do agree with the last line which is why I am putting Sweet on field this week and trading Grundy to a premo mid. I feel much more comfortable fielding a solo ruck than I do with any other rookie who can easily go missing in games. If you are only getting Sweet to stick him on your bench I would rather go to a 250k rookie in any other line.

I do agree with the last line which is why I am putting Sweet on field this week and trading Grundy to a premo mid. I feel much more comfortable fielding a solo ruck than I do with any other rookie who can easily go missing in games. If you are only getting Sweet to stick him on your bench I would rather go to a 250k rookie in any other line.
I think Grundy owners are probably the only one's I could see it making sense for.

More likely to be points neutral. possibly a points gain.

I think Grundy owners are probably the only one's I could see it making sense for.

More likely to be points neutral. possibly a points gain.
Yeah was going to say I'm glad I own Grundy at R2 (first time ive been glad of that 😆). He's the one Sweet can get closest to matching imo and then I can get a premo mid. Not sure I'd do it with Marshall or Xerri.

I have Marshall as well .....brought Sweet onto my R3 bench ....Livingstone to the utility, which enables me to swap Sweet and Marshall, if Sweet goes big first up
I would love to run Sweet R3 but it doesn’t give me enough $$ on the downgrade to get a proper premium on the other end

I would love to run Sweet R3 but it doesn’t give me enough $$ on the downgrade to get a proper premium on the other end
These are the extremely difficult choices to be made this week .....true risk / reward decisions ....some may say "season defining" ....maybe a touch too dramatic a statement though

These are the extremely difficult choices to be made this week .....true risk / reward decisions ....some may say "season defining" ....maybe a touch too dramatic a statement though
Pruess was definitely a defining fork in the road whatever year that was? Last year? it all blurs together.
Ditto Briggs.

It's big money to commit to Sweet and big money rewards on offer for the byes.

Probably the biggest choice of the year so far.

The Sweet conversation is really interesting. I'm very tempted from a long term perspective as you are likely to lock in 150-200k of cash growth over the 5 weeks until his bye. If he's average 85+ over that time as well, you're loving life if you've got him on field over a rookie. Only issue is then upgrading him to a ruck around that bye given Gawn, Marshall, English are all R14/R15 byes.

I'm still leaning towards doing it, but from a shorter term look, the classic one up one down works for me this week as well.

Dempsey to Rogers
Sharp to Green

More immediate term net gain on field.

The Sweet conversation is really interesting. I'm very tempted from a long term perspective as you are likely to lock in 150-200k of cash growth over the 5 weeks until his bye. If he's average 85+ over that time as well, you're loving life if you've got him on field over a rookie. Only issue is then upgrading him to a ruck around that bye given Gawn, Marshall, English are all R14/R15 byes.

I'm still leaning towards doing it, but from a shorter term look, the classic one up one down works for me this week as well.

Dempsey to Rogers
Sharp to Green

More immediate term net gain on field.
Only problem with Sweet this week he is up against O'Brien who is the hardest ruck to score hit outs against and Sweet relies on these to score. He will not do as well this week as he did last week.

As much we give Bevo crap about playing plodders, I think he’ll give Clarke an extended run and I don’t think he’s a sub risk because they can’t afford to do that with no Weightman. Might be worth a crack going early seeing he’s $200k

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pruess was definitely a defining fork in the road whatever year that was? Last year? it all blurs together.
Ditto Briggs.

It's big money to commit to Sweet and big money rewards on offer for the byes.

Probably the biggest choice of the year so far.
Feels like half a decade has passed since Preuss last played a game 😂😂

So i can do this trade and it leaves me with $3k.

Am i better off trading Gallagher then Sharp next week or Sharp first then Gallagher next week?

Sharp will be on the bench regardless. I just want to lose as little cash as possible.

If we're going by who is more likely to hit thier BE sharp has done it once, Gallagher twice. What do you guys think?

trade.png

So i can do this trade and it leaves me with $3k.

Am i better off trading Gallagher then Sharp next week or Sharp first then Gallagher next week?

Sharp will be on the bench regardless. I just want to lose as little cash as possible.

If we're going by who is more likely to hit thier BE sharp has done it once, Gallagher twice. What do you guys think?

View attachment 1976604
Keep as is.
Freo just didn't use Sharps wing at all last week. Strange game.
Both bench anyway, but I'd back Sharp to rebound.
Just trade the other next week.

Burgoyne ownership still so low! What’s the go? People don’t like it? Thur game scaring people off?
Yeh, that, plus a lot bringing in Dawson. Trades done for the week.
At his price, there really isn't any harm in waiting another week to see if he can be the next NWM who goes from rookie to premo just like that.
Burgoyne still only 20 games in, and has quite a poor scoring history outside of the last few weeks.
I'm still up in the air wether to ditch Zilliams to him.

Marshall owners prepare for a scrappy 80 odd

Yes, but what about Steele? Is he a mummy yet?
vhs mummy GIF by Charlie Mars

Something to ponder for you Grundy to Sweet traders out there

Yeah cause its a small ground and he can mosey on down to the ruck contests by simply walking. Any other ground he has to come off twice every quarter because his tank is smaller than a fish bowl.

Sorry to break it to you but if enough people use it as a reference, it's a reference.

You're making insinuations about McKercher post facto. Before his 109 last week he had a role change to midfield and went 50, 2, 64.

You've also got about 2 weeks left before an 85 average in the backline is 10-15 points under what the rest of the comp is putting up at D6.
lets say mckercher does average 10-15 points less than other peoples defenders it doesn't matter at all because people like you say 'ive got X number of rookies' but their non rookies are players like Parish, Fyfe, Sweet as R2, Bradley Hill as opposed to my midfield of "Merrett, Dawson, Tom Green, Serong, Noah Anderons and Gulden'. So the whole how many rooks do you have left without stating what other sub premium players you have is completely futile.

Sweet is $443k.

It's not for me though.
Good points. I went Sweet last week so it makes it an easier decision at the reduced price but the added bonus is that if Gawn/Marshall/Xerri gets injured at all I the next 4-5 weeks, you can swing Sweet on field and not have to burn a trade like the rest of the league would have to.

Also, a lot of rooks simply aren't going up in price. Or have limited job security. Also, there's a chance if Port win all of their games that Soldo won't come in. There's a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back