Captains 2024 Fantasy VC / Captains

Remove this Banner Ad

Thinking everyone will VC Naicos, so going:

RoMa (VC)
Bont (C)
The Friday game definitely lends itself to Naicos VC, which (with my current team) leaves me with Bont or Rozee as the obvious picks for C, but Gawn, Grundy, Touk or Newc if I want to take a punt. Also Martin, Sexton, Fisher and Young if I had a rush of blood.

The Friday game definitely lends itself to Naicos VC, which (with my current team) leaves me with Bont or Rozee as the obvious picks for C, but Gawn, Grundy, Touk or Newc if I want to take a punt. Also Martin, Sexton, Fisher and Young if I had a rush of blood.

Barnett will be my loop, so my combo of RoMa/Bont works perfectly

We back!

Barring any late squad changes or a final change to bring Naicos in, gonna honour my former deathrided players and finally indulge in some points from then. This is why I paid the big bucks for them.

VC Dawson
C English

Apologies in advance for this basic Q.
Can VC loophole be used on player in game after Thu or Fri?
Assuming yes. Thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez some people will have a few rookies on field with guys like Marshall, Daicos, Bont, Dawson and English around. Butters is my most expensive player... And Captain. Whitfield VC.
Similar boat here. One of the fun things about not paying megabucks for a perma captain is that I’ve got a bunch of probably terrible interesting choices among my value players.

At this stage going Whitfield VC into Gawn C. Fairly confident one of those will go well.

Similar boat here. One of the fun things about not paying megabucks for a perma captain is that I’ve got a bunch of probably terrible interesting choices among my value players.

At this stage going Whitfield VC into Gawn C. Fairly confident one of those will go well.
Yeah I think with Butters, Newcombe, Gawn, Grundy, Sheezel, Whitfield and Jackson I can back them in when they're playing North or West coast. Whitfield VC/C already locked in for the first two rounds. And with Gawn's records v the Dogs that could actually be a very good play.... 🤔

Yeah I think with Butters, Newcombe, Gawn, Grundy, Sheezel, Whitfield and Jackson I can back them in when they're playing North or West coast. Whitfield VC/C already locked in for the first two rounds. And with Gawn's records v the Dogs that could actually be a very good play.... 🤔
Have you considered that the ball wont be near Whitfield much, I have him for now but I wouldn't be comfortable giving him a leadership hat

Have you considered that the ball wont be near Whitfield much, I have him for now but I wouldn't be comfortable giving him a leadership hat
I thought this too. But then I realised GWS will be up 100 points by half time and Whitfield will get 20 marks in the second half after the game is over. So I think it's a good bet to place the VC on him.

Whitfield is the sort of player that runs into whatever position he needs to in order to receive that cheap 20m kick to get involved. It was what he did against that pitifully weak Carlton side a few years ago when he scored 190 and the ball was rarely in the GWS backline that evening either. Seemed to be back in that sort of mould against the Magpies too, so I reckon he’ll be good against North.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back