Fixture 2024 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is everyone talking as if the fixture came out for the remaining games today? We all knew who we were playing and where it’s just the times. Why are fixture difficulties getting re ranked? I don’t get it, nothing has really changed?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why is everyone talking as if the fixture came out for the remaining games today? We all knew who we were playing and where it’s just the times. Why are fixture difficulties getting re ranked? I don’t get it, nothing has really changed?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Because it is scary to play at night at a packed Adelaide Oval. You must know this.

We could lose our last 5 games.
Man we could go anywhere from 17 wins to 11. Who the hell knows. The fact it is a hard run probably releases expectations and we probably win more than we lose.

Still not convinced it matters either way, when we get to those big finals games it'll fall apart.

It’s frustrating the lack of FTA opportunities to be honest. The showdown should be as it was earlier, like burying Carlton v Collingwood on fox only.

Would there ever be a point where we prioritise winning games over commercial gains? If winning was priority we would probably stop requesting saturday night home slots and play arvo's instead. It doesn't really fix the problem as we should be able to win at night but the stats over a long period of time don't lie.

and you could argue that the any loss in $$ from those games would be made up by the fact that generally the more successful you are and the more finals games you can qualify for = more $$.

Man we could go anywhere from 17 wins to 11. Who the hell knows. The fact it is a hard run probably releases expectations and we probably win more than we lose.

Still not convinced it matters either way, when we get to those big finals games it'll fall apart.
Not to mention, how much can change between now and then.

If we are in the mix at seasons end it is probably better to play these games to get us ready for finals. The Fremantle and richmond games prior to finals last year didn't prepare us well, and even the GWS game at home was a soft kill at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would there ever be a point where we prioritise winning games over commercial gains? If winning was priority we would probably stop requesting saturday night home slots and play arvo's instead. It doesn't really fix the problem as we should be able to win at night but the stats over a long period of time don't lie.

and you could argue that the any loss in $$ from those games would be made up by the fact that generally the more successful you are and the more finals games you can qualify for = more $$.
I know it isn't super popular, but I'd love to be the team locked into Satdy Twilight every week, with 2-3 Friday night games a year. I love the Saturday Twilight slot. Can work or play most of the day, rock into footy and then go out after.

I know it isn't super popular, but I'd love to be the team locked into Satdy Twilight every week, with 2-3 Friday night games a year. I love the Saturday Twilight slot. Can work or play most of the day, rock into footy and then go out after.
I feel like SA had a pretty big grasp on the Saturday Twilight spot which I liked because as you say it is a good one, but now Victoria has realised it's a good one and lo and behold there's a bunch of Victorian games scheduled for it that weren't before - including a GF rematch. Its become semi desirable so of course the AFL is going to shunt us out of it.

I too liked Saturday twilight, even Sunday, Saturday moreso, go out for dinner post, footy a few drink warm up, still can use the day plus not freezing cold before the dew comes

me too, saturday twilight is my preferred slot too. I like arvo games as well. Works better for families. 5-10 years ago i would've been more about night games though, but even when i was younger loved saturday twilight games.

I've got us at 15 and 8 and all we have to do is beat every team currently below us on the ladder. But i don't have us winning any of the 5 games we've got with teams sitting above us.

The Carlton and Sydney games at home I've got as losses but they really should be 50/50 games. We've got a good record against both at home, Sydney we've got a good record against in general lately.

So 15 and 8 could be 17 and 6. but the chances are that we drop one or two that we should've won and win one or two that we weren't expected to.

GWS, Melbourne and Carlton away are probably the most likely losses. But if you jag one or two of them we are going to be right up there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back