News 2024 Injuries, Suspensions, and Concussion Protocols

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be shocked if Parker's suspension isnt cut back to 4 weeks. This outcome based suspension system thing is so stoopid.
A top bloke can only accidentally break your face, there's nothing deliberate or anything untoward about it. Just a sheppard/bump that went wrong.

I'll be shocked if Parker's suspension isnt cut back to 4 weeks. This outcome based suspension system thing is so stoopid.
A top bloke can only accidentally break your face, there's nothing deliberate or anything untoward about it. Just a sheppard/bump that went wrong.

Parker decided to bump and once you do that you have to accept the consequences. He has a duty of care towards his opponents.

There is absolutely no chance that the suspension will be reduced.

Parker decided to bump and once you do that you have to accept the consequences. He has a duty of care towards his opponents.

There is absolutely no chance that the suspension will be reduced.
Thats all blah blah blah with no relevance to footy. Its so warped that it presumes....
1. Accidents cannot happen.
2. Everyone premeditates everything. Players make 1000 decisions a game that are simply instinctive.
3. The guy stopped and propped for the impact. Long suspensions are usually reserved for deliberately dangerous actions.
4. Just bad luck that the back of Parker's head collected the guy in the face.
5. Top blokes from Sydney should get a hall pass...especially during a season with a shortage of DPP Fwds.

I rest my case your honour. 2-3 weeks tops.

SIX WEEKS for Parker ? 1 incident in 14 years counted for nothing.

Also, neither it should!
System is so backwards. ADD weeks for repeat offenders.
If someone intentionally lands a solid blow to the head, don't pretend they're a nice bloke because all they've actually done is played within the rules until now! 🤬

Thats all blah blah blah with no relevance to footy. Its so warped that it presumes....
2. Everyone premeditates everything. Players make 1000 decisions a game that are simply instinctive.
3. The guy stopped and propped for the impact. Long suspensions are usually reserved for deliberately dangerous actions.
5. Top blokes from Sydney should get a hall pass...especially during a season with a shortage of DPP Fwds.

Cmon Bollox, you're better than that. Take those red and white glasses off.

Live footage of Parker at the last children's party :moustache:

fire-clear.gif

1. Clearly not an accident. Went at him deliberately.
2. We all make a 1000 decisions a day.
A truck driver doesn't "instinctively" ram into a jerk who cuts them off.
A receptionist doesn't "instinctively" tell a jerk to f@$k off.
Pilot's don't "instinctively" tell ATC to go to hell...
You make a poor decision in life, you pay for it.
3. Parker drove himself towards the other guy. Intentionally.
4. It wasn't. Parker made a conscious decision to try to hurt the guy. How badly is irrelevant.
5. Pretty sure you've been playing us the whole time... 😊

if it was 4 weeks. would many people be asking for more based off that little grainy footage? i dont think so. but i agree that 6 is justified. although on the harsher side, it was always going to be anything between 4 to 6 weeks.

i dont think the outcome of the injury should make that much of an impact. if parker put the guy in a coma (which is only a matter of inches difference in impact), what would that outcome look like for him? 30 weeks? have to draw the line somewhere i believe.

Yeah but how long do you hold?
That $100k for a downgrade is priceless
Yeah fair. If I didn't have DJones to get rid of, he'd be booted.

if it was 4 weeks. would many people be asking for more based off that little grainy footage? i dont think so. but i agree that 6 is justified. although on the harsher side, it was always going to be anything between 4 to 6 weeks.

i dont think the outcome of the injury should make that much of an impact. if parker put the guy in a coma (which is only a matter of inches difference in impact), what would that outcome look like for him? 30 weeks? have to draw the line somewhere i believe.
Seems unfair if parker gets 4 .

The other guy can't play for 2 months ..

IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems unfair if parker gets 4 .

The other guy can't play for 2 months ..

IMO

Not a professional athlete, Parker gets to still be paid yet this poor bloke probably has some shitty footy insurance policy that barely covers his wages that he will no doubtly miss with recovery.

Not a professional athlete, Parker gets to still be paid yet this poor bloke probably has some shitty footy insurance policy that barely covers his wages that he will no doubtly miss with recovery.
Or still has to go to work and just have an all round terrible time

It's always been my belief, and not a lot agree with me, but if a player commits an illegal act..........and before you howl me down.....a bump is not an illegal act.....but if it connects with the head, then under the present rulings, it is.
So, if a player commits any illegal act, worthy of a suspension, and the receiver of that act is sidelined for say 2 weeks before he is able to take the field again( irrespective of whether he's selected or not).......then the perpetrator should also be sidelined for the same amount of time BEFORE he begins his suspension...
If the victim spends time off the field thru no fault of his own, then why shouldn't the bloke who caused this to happen, spend the same time plus his suspension, for doing the wrong thing?

“Not a scratch, you’ll be fine mate. Just a case of Ouchy Leggie”

Monty Python Fight GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back