F1 The Wash Up - Previous 2024 Race Weekends

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't hate the British like the rest of you.

Personally stoked to see someone new win a race. Think it's fantastic for the sport to see the McLaren/Norris win there.
I do like dark records though, was a pretty funny one.

Did Sainz get a penalty? Can’t believe they didn’t even talk about the fact he dived, locked up, sailed straight into the corner, lost full control wiped out a guy ahead who he would have never passed at that moment otherwise, and stayed in the race
(I’m up to lap 44 in case they go back and review it)

IMO since there is no refuelling they should just close the pits under a safety car. Prevents luck from winning the GP other than skill. Not saying Norris wouldn't have a chance at winning but he's been given it by luck at the moment.
No chance, it's the only way they get different winners in recent years.

5 second penalty for Sainz and he drops from 4th to 5th.

5 second penalty for Sainz and he drops from 4th to 5th.

I hate these penalties. Ruined Piastri's race and only cops that.

What incentive is there to not do what he did?

I hate these penalties. Ruined Piastri's race and only cops that.

What incentive is there to not do what he did?
I dunno, for me the penalty seems right for what Sainz did, not so much the impact it had on Piastri's race but Oscar was very unlucky to cop the hit to the wing and not the tyre. I don't think you should incentivise too much against the inside lunge otherwise a lot of moves would not get done.

Like the AFL MRP though there's not a lot of consistency when it comes to applying a penalty against the action vs against the outcome. Perez did the same thing at the first corner of the first lap and no action was taken because nobody was hit.

I dunno, for me the penalty seems right for what Sainz did, not so much the impact it had on Piastri's race but Oscar was very unlucky to cop the hit to the wing and not the tyre. I don't think you should incentivise too much against the inside lunge otherwise a lot of moves would not get done.

Like the AFL MRP though there's not a lot of consistency when it comes to applying a penalty against the action vs against the outcome. Perez did the same thing at the first corner of the first lap and no action was taken because nobody was hit.
You say he's unlucky but it came as a direct consequence of Carlos deciding to launch it down the inside.

The onus has to be on the overtaker to get it done cleanly - which didn't really happen in this case.

It's not the worst one I've seen but it's always annoyed me you can essentially take a car out of the race and you only cop 5 seconds.

Personally stoked to see someone new win a race. Think it's fantastic for the sport to see the McLaren/Norris win there.

Great drive Lando very well deserved win. I see nothing much changes here just the aussie watchers crying as usual LMAO
Yeah some real sad sacks in here...

Lando has been arguably the second best driver on the grid over the past year and a half, has been extremely unlucky not to win at least one race to this point. He is an ultra impressive driver and thoroughly deserves that win.

I don't think you should incentivise too much against the inside lunge otherwise a lot of moves would not get done.

While I agree, that was a s**t move that was never coming off. It only looked like he had a chance because he left it too late to break, locked up, and went straight on as he couldn't get the car to turn. If he had have taken the corner normally he always stays behind Oscar and could have had a chance up the inside of the corner since Oscar looked like he went a bit wide anyway.

His frustration at his own idiocy after constant complaining on the radio rather than focusing on his race reared it's head in a desperate move.

His path to a win reminded me of that belong build up before Hakkinen’s win

Similar amount of time in F1
Same amount of podiums before that win (Plus lost plenty more chances due to bad luck/mistakes)
And driving for the same team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lando winning was only a matter of time no matter how many times he would choke.

The refusal of Sainz to ever take any responsibility continues to be astounding. No different to Stroll in some respects.

Happy for Lando (unlike most on here). Deserves to be a F1 Race winner.

Also promising on the upgrades they brought this weekend (that Oscar will get next race). Was this just track specific, or have they bridged the gap to Ferrari and Red Bull ?
Ferrari bringing a massive upgrade to Imola too.

Call me optimistic but is this championship not necessarily a "wrapped up with 6 races to go" kind of foregone conclusion?

Ferrari bringing a massive upgrade to Imola too.

Call me optimistic but is this championship not necessarily a "wrapped up with 6 races to go" kind of foregone conclusion?
Constructors maybe still in play, but Max seems to have that consistency where even on an off race he can still get P2

I got nothing against Lando at all. He’s driven very well this year and is a deserved winner. I’m just pissed that Oscar had his raced ruined by bad luck and a guy who seems to constantly hit him, and then blame him for the contact.
I’m hoping Oscar has some luck go his way soon and he gets a good result.

He had an awful lot go his way but to be fair he also got mighty unlucky in Sochi with the rain.

Nowins Norris is dead, long live Nowins Norris.

He had an awful lot go his way but to be fair he also got mighty unlucky in Sochi with the rain.

Nowins Norris is dead, long live Nowins Norris.

He could have just as easily won three on the bounce in 2021 as well.

Spa he was fastest most of the weekend, all of qualy, then binned it at Eau Rouge. Had he got pole like he was looking, he wins the two lap debacle. Monza, Danny Ricc had his measure but he was on his tail the whole race. And of course Russia the very next race, we know what happened there.

Huge amount of the (in stats only) "goat" 's wins have been incredibly beneficial with SCs and the like also. Lando won't be the first and probably won't even be the last this year.

Hopefully it falls Oscar's way next time, Silverstone last year now Miami this year.

Last edited:
Well, as I was laid up for 2 days I’ve only just caught up with the race itself.
Really enjoyed it and the enjoyment that was shown by all at the end,
Normally at the end of a race there is always plenty of sour faces, but this one had miles of smiles.
If this is the future of McLaren, the I cannot wait for Oscar to get the 10 upgrades as well.
6 races, 3 winners, 3 winning manufacturers.
F1 alive and well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back