Draft Profile 2024 Mid Season draft prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

First, whatever medical condition Jasper has, hopefully it is treatable and he gets his chance.

Second, frustrating to read that about Payne.

There was enough interest that Collingwood recruiters flew down to the NW coast (TAS) and interviewed him close to the draft. He has looked much better in the CTL than some of Collingwood's more recent recruits.

If North don't take him, Richmond do.
Yeah I think so too.

I assume most of the 'linking' is sourced from managers. If a club shows interest, they leak it in the hopes other clubs take notice, etc.
Maybe for some clubs. Brisbane's one is a bit weird, it names three players who are all unlikely to still be there at our pick, and then suggests that injuries to our medium defenders means we might draft a 19 year old KPD who almost certainly wouldn't play seniors this year. For Brisbane at least, I agree with tigs2010 that this is guesswork.

Fast becoming the Tasmanian Tigers!

Given you need one of everything, there’s no real reason you won’t take a talented youngster early.

If it’s not him, Blight might be considered for Gibcus, Teakle, Pike, Scaife for Naismith.
I reckon we'll take either Payne or Howes, whichever North don't take.

I wouldn't rule us out of taking El Nour contrary to what the article suggests.

I noticed that. He's done a medical though so there must be some interest.
I find it very surprising that neither Howes nor Blight nominated 18 month contracts, seeing as neither of them are based in Victoria so they have a high chance of being drafted out of state. Maybe they know something the rest of us don't?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it very surprising that neither Howes nor Blight nominated 18 month contracts, seeing as neither of them are based in Victoria so they have a high chance of being drafted out of state. Maybe they know something the rest of us don't?
Maybe they just want to give themselves the best chance of being picked up?

I assume most of the 'linking' is sourced from managers. If a club shows interest, they leak it in the hopes other clubs take notice, etc.
Managers love a leak. It benefits them as they can then pressure clubs to close the deal. How much actual interest there is remains to be seen.

Some players obviously have interest and the links for others are clear. Eg. Former coaches, ex-players involved with the development of the prospect, needs, etc.

They could also be hoping to impress and secure a slightly higher second contract.

Lot of red herring stuff. Club leaks a link to a player, that they actually don't want, because they are interested in another.....though it could be a double bluff, because they acutally do want that player....ditto with interviewing or medical testing them or not...all a bit far fetched considering it's a MSD rookie.

Walyalup (Fremantle) are one of a number of clubs interested in the son of former player Matthew Carr, but in a sensational move, the South Fremantle youngster isn’t going to nominate.

Jaren Carr is believed to have impressed several recruiters while playing for the WAFL under-21 side against Western Australia’s under-18 team last weekend.

The West Australian understands the 20-year-old attracted strong interest from the Dockers, where his father played 134 games — alongside his Uncle Josh — and Brisbane this week.
But in a remarkable move, the forward isn’t going to nominate for the draft and instead will concentrate on his university studies and playing consistent league football for South Fremantle.

He will also back himself to be picked up in the national draft in November, preferring to lock away a long-term future rather than be on a short-term contract through the mid-season draft.

It comes as The West can also reveal Waalitj Marawar (West Coast) have shown interest in Peel Thunder full-back Jacob Blight and half-back Michael Sellwood.

Rhys Mathieson has nominated. I suspect that on his first drug test he’d blast the bottom off the cup.

51729BE8-CEBB-4896-B99D-0924329D2434.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back