Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Leek Aleer looks a good prospect. Could be gettable too given he's stuck behind Buckley, Taylor and Himmelberg. As well, Idun can play tall too.

The bye is kind of nice knowing we are holding first for a few weeks etc

I think there's not really that much pressure , it's good to be the best, It's just not a natural swans spot as a fan, we all like (me too) flying under the radar, being the underdog.
Yeah I just think flying under the radar hasn't done us any good by the time we get to grand finals. How do you avoid hype, attention, pressure etc. when you're literally playing in the decider?

So I'd rather us just get all the hype and expectation and then have us learn how to deal with it. Think it will serve us better when we are in big finals and such where that kinda stuff is unavoidable.

Blicavs shoulder on Whitfield should come under scrutiny this week. Hit Lachie in the head and his cheek looked noticeably swollen at the end of the game. If he has a break, that's 4-6 weeks out so if there is any consistency, Blicavs should be gone anywhere from 2-4 weeks.

Yeah I just think flying under the radar hasn't done us any good by the time we get to grand finals. How do you avoid hype, attention, pressure etc. when you're literally playing in the decider?

So I'd rather us just get all the hype and expectation and then have us learn how to deal with it. Think it will serve us better when we are in big finals and such where that kinda stuff is unavoidable.

Winning is contagious I think, and I believe actually this Swans side has some ego for lack of a better word. It isn't the 2005 bloods or 2012 bash and crash. We want to be on the top.

We have set ourselves up in a good space 12 games to go even if we won 50% we are 16-7.

That will probably get us top 4 almost and that would be a poor finish .

We should be chasing top 2 minimum here and we are set up to get it .

Not sure where I am going with this , think I am just believing more and more this side will win from any spot . I just can't see us dropping heaps of games, maybe we go 7-8/12 ? worse case

Finals will be a big reset of course

I do get it Punts , don't want to peak early . Long way to go
You can't win it outside of top 4...so I'd rather get in the top 4 and stay there all year long rather than exhausting ourselves and scraping into the 8.

Is that peaking too early? I don't think so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incredible that, due to percentage, we are effectively 4 wins ahead of 4th, 3 wins ahead of 3rd (assuming Essendon win) and 2 wins ahead of 2nd.

You won’t see us get a better chance than this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't win it outside of top 4...so I'd rather get in the top 4 and stay there all year long rather than exhausting ourselves and scraping into the 8.

Nat Edwards on AFL.com discussed this earlier in the week with Sarah Olle, who is a Swans fan and she was worried we were peaking too early. Edwards basically said that you never know what will happen as the season goes on in terms of form, injuries etc., so it's important to bank wins while you can.

Well we certainly seemed to spend a lot of time bemoaning having to play sore players to make up ground last year

Blicavs shoulder on Whitfield should come under scrutiny this week. Hit Lachie in the head and his cheek looked noticeably swollen at the end of the game. If he has a break, that's 4-6 weeks out so if there is any consistency, Blicavs should be gone anywhere from 2-4 weeks.
Blicavs was the second to hit Whitfield high.
By my counts it should be two cats spending 4-6 weeks in the dog house.

Nat Edwards on AFL.com discussed this earlier in the week with Sarah Olle, who is a Swans fan and she was worried we were peaking too early. Edwards basically said that you never know what will happen as the season goes on in terms of form, injuries etc., so it's important to bank wins while you can.

Hey look my mind already crossed to if we finish with 1 loss , are we one of the greatest sides ever 😂

Which is exactly the clubs attitude. Horse has said this again and again. Bank the wins when you can, the comp is too close and things can change too quickly for you to not do so.

Which is exactly the clubs attitude. Horse has said this again and again. Bank the wins when you can, the comp is too close and things can change too quickly for you to not do so.
I agree.

A couple of injuries & we come straight back to the pack.

There’s no such thing as “we can afford to drop this game” at this stage of the season.

We have to be top 2.
End of story.
We need a smooth run through the finals …

Unless players drop like flies we simply should make the top 2 from here .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back