Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

All those sides I mentioned people had doubts about and weren't convinced by though.

Pies are only winning games by a goal, Bulldogs can't win from outside the eight, Blues are overrated, Melbourne will get exposed in finals, etc.

Then they get to the finals and only need a surge for one or two games with the hype and suddenly they're in a prelim.

I just cannot see them getting there.

Jun and July will be litmus test with only 2 wins really being "certainties"
Blues, Bye, wce, cats, pies, dees, ade, saints

Followed by freo, suns, us and bris in aug.

I just cannot see them getting there.

Jun and July will be litmus test with only 2 wins really being "certainties"
Blues, Bye, wce, cats, pies, dees, ade, saints

Followed by freo, suns, us and bris in aug.

They have 8 wins what do you reckon is enough for 4th? 14wins?

Percentage wont be a factor so they need another 6 i can see them beating Eagles/Adelaide/Saints/Freo/Suns in current form and 50/50 against Pies and Geelong.

Richmond had a great go but so much fumbling of the ball. Dons look bottom half of eight material. Suns are a different team at home so hopefully a better chance of testing Essendon.
Weird year Geelong, GWS and Pies look like they can impact the finals and our biggest threats. The rest you can throw a blanket over. Brisbane and Doggies still in with a chance of the eight. Surely Freo drop out ?

Richmond had a great go but so much fumbling of the ball. Dons look bottom half of eight material. Suns are a different team at home so hopefully a better chance of testing Essendon.
Weird year Geelong, GWS and Pies look like they can impact the finals and our biggest threats. The rest you can throw a blanket over. Brisbane and Doggies still in with a chance of the eight. Surely Freo drop out ?

Brisbane have so much work to do they need top 2 to be a threat.

They have 8 wins what do you reckon is enough for 4th? 14wins?

Percentage wont be a factor so they need another 6 i can see them beating Eagles/Adelaide/Saints/Freo/Suns in current form and 50/50 against Pies and Geelong.

Reckon they lose v cats and pies

Suns away is a coin flip.
Ade 60/40 dons
Saints, dons should win
Freo, no idea - depends which freo shows up
Suns in vic likely dons win

I genuinely think that Essendon need 5 more wins to still make finals:
Their fixtures are Suns, Blues, Eagles, Cats, Magpies, Demons, Crows Saints Freo Suns Sydney Lions

I see them winning 1 of the Suns game probably the Eagles game and probably the Saints game but main its tough to see them winning 5 given that tough fixture run just to make top 8 let alone winning an extra 3 on top to make top 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at the Squiggle. Now has us losing to bravedogs in the Grand Final by 3 points. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Legit think Montagna is the admin.

Squiggle factors in umpiring

Have a dilemma. Who do we want to win next week? Pies or bulldogs? I reckon my hatred runs deeper for bulldogs and I wouldn't want to face them in a final with their friends looking after them. I don't think my sanity could handle it anymore.

Have a dilemma. Who do we want to win next week? Pies or bulldogs? I reckon my hatred runs deeper for bulldogs and I wouldn't want to face them in a final with their friends looking after them. I don't think my sanity could handle it anymore.
Dogs for ladder position. Always want the side lower in the 8 to win. Ideally in a high scoring and tight game to kill percentage

View attachment 2000666

Squiggles Ladder after Round 18 picking the favourite in every single game. I kid you not also feels roughly right as well off the eye test
It's such a cozy position to be in when we could lose half our games for the rest of the season (6) and still realistically finish in the top 2.

I think we might drop a few games unfortunately. In theory our gimme games should be Fremantle, Stkilda and North Melbourne. We just need three other wins from the other more challenging games. I hope we just skip that whole process and win our next six in a row to spare us the anxiety.

Dogs for ladder position. Always want the side lower in the 8 to win. Ideally in a high scoring and tight game to kill percentage
As we saw the other night the dogs are better than their ladder position suggests. I'd rather just see them killed off now so that when we play them again it's just an easy layup win.

I genuinely think we're a way better side than Collingwood and they aren't a threat. Even in a Grand Final, as they'll be as wobbly as us. Also I just think a grand final between the two sides would be quite a spectacle. Highest rated of all time.

As we saw the other night the dogs are better than their ladder position suggests. I'd rather just see them killed off now so that when we play them again it's just an easy layup win.

I genuinely think we're a way better side than Collingwood and they aren't a threat. Even in a Grand Final, as they'll be as wobbly as us. Also I just think a grand final between the two sides would be quite a spectacle. Highest rated of all time.
Pies scare me more than the Dogs

Pies scare me more than the Dogs
I'm not scared of the dogs. I'm scared of the umpires.

Nullify Daicos and they're useless. We have the edge on them.

Their ability to pull wins out of their ass is gone. Aura is dead. And that's all they were banking on.

In saying that I was confident against the cats. 😭 Moral of the story, take every team seriously.

It's such a cozy position to be in when we could lose half our games for the rest of the season (6) and still realistically finish in the top 2.

I think we might drop a few games unfortunately. In theory our gimme games should be Fremantle, Stkilda and North Melbourne. We just need three other wins from the other more challenging games. I hope we just skip that whole process and win our next six in a row to spare us the anxiety.
100% its just that our underlying statistics are so strong that we are favourite in every game except for Brisbane in Brisbane which if Brissie pick up form and get into the 8 i can see us dropping that game. Could also see us dropping games late if we are so far away as it has us finishing 6 games clear. Could easily cause us to finish 18-5 or something

Remove this Banner Ad

Back