Training 2024 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty concerning that Battle is being told two different things by multiple people at the club. Poor from the leaders of the footy club

I think Battle is only being told he’s valued at the club. Mowman has made that pretty clear.

But Battle is coming in to his FA year and SOS would be fully aware that his player manager would be stoking that fire for all it’s worth.

I don’t think it’s a bad thing for the club to have a position on the issue of what Josh is worth. But, I do think it’s still an early position, and it could change entirely depending on how 2024 unfolds.

What I do like is that Josh has met with his coaches to ask how he can improve, and isn’t content to replicate his last season.

The problem with letting Battle (or Gresh for that matter) leave for a mid-20s pick is the ceiling for the player we would probably draft is about the same as the player we let go. So it's really just a 7-8 year development step back.

So for the Gresham decision to be a win for the club, we need Lance Collard to be better than a career 136 game, 18 disposals and 1 goal per game player. Most AFL players aren't that good.
I think that's a false logic.
If the team can utilize the available pool and be as good or better without Gresham, irrespective of how they manage it, then the pick used for Collard is a profit and opportunity for growth.

Same applies to all trades. I doubt very much we'll miss Gresh once the season starts. Batts is probably a more important cog but it doesn't alter the equation.

Was able to get down today.

It's a much slicker operation under RTB and D Misson than it was under previous regimes.

Darcy Wilson smashed the running - why hasn't anyone mentioned how fit this kid is?

Garcia looks fit and showed great skills. Apart from Wilson it would be very doubtful that any of this years draftees will play next year.

My name sake certainly has a bigger presence about him. Has star written all over him in a few years time.

Allison will not play a game of AFL footy. In the match situational drills he was the forward on the defending team. Meaning he's there to apply token pressure. There were plenty of players not involved in this drill meaning he is way way way down in the pecking order and where the coaches think he's at.

In all positional drills Keeler definitely trained with the defenders. He's a good size and is a smooth mover.

The Irish kid looks like a great size and has great athleticism.

The biggest take out for me is that Liam Henry is going to be a massive inclusion in this team and will no doubt be a big contributor. He looked superb.

It's a much slicker operation under RTB and D Misson than it was under previous regimes.

Darcy Wilson smashed the running - why hasn't anyone mentioned how fit this kid is?

Garcia looks fit and showed great skills. Apart from Wilson it would be very doubtful that any of this years draftees will play next year.

My name sake certainly has a bigger presence about him. Has star written all over him in a few years time.

Allison will not play a game of AFL footy. In the match situational drills he was the forward on the defending team. Meaning he's there to apply token pressure. There were plenty of players not involved in this drill meaning he is way way way down in the pecking order and where the coaches think he's at.

In all positional drills Keeler definitely trained with the defenders. He's a good size and is a smooth mover.

The biggest take out for me is that Liam Henry is going to be a massive inclusion in this team and will no doubt be a big contributor. He looked superb.
Thank you for the report 🫱🏼‍🫲🏽

ps literally everyone has mentioned how fit Wilson is 😂
Unless you were being sarcastic 😎

I would have thought Battle was very safe & indeed an important cog in our plans. Great clubman, bleeds the colours, super professional, top notch defender, versatile, respected local lad who is very well liked from all indications. Contract & money talk is one thing, letting go a bloke like Battle totally another. Won't happen IMO, not the way RTB & Co operate, where there's a will there'$ a way and quite frankly I didn't expect it to get so weird in here so quickly 🫠🫠

I forgot to mention. James van Ess is a massive campaigner. He was running some laps with Mason, Max and the Hammer He is friggen huge for a 19/20 year old. Almost as tall as Max and is tanked. Still looks like he's growing into his body too. Doug for one more year then get Big Jimmy down there!

RTB guts are also huge.

Not in the Dandenong's was it?

images
I actually know the kid in the back row with the dark hair , the poor bastard is fried because of what that crazy b1tch did to him

I reckon Battle would be someone who'd take unders on his next contract if he can get some team success out of it. Maybe a sort of bridge deal rather than a longer term one then he can cash out once he becomes a star player in a premiership team. I'm willing this into existence by writing it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually know the kid in the back row with the dark hair , the poor bastard is fried because of what that crazy b1tch did to him

i am unfamiliar with the back story... wtf is the photo of? looks like the north melbourne cheer squad

i am unfamiliar with the back story... wtf is the photo of? looks like the north melbourne cheer squad

How was Liam's kicking? It seemed to be his biggest weakness from what I have seen of him playing for Free. A bit hit and 5 metre miss.

You should read the last 2-3 pages to find out.

It only tells me a heap of crap about how we won't pay too much overs.
Is there any real source that we've offered him less than he's happy with?

I'm thinking a club friendly rate for Battle should be a fair bit more than a club friendly rate for Byrnes or someone.

In the threat of a thread derailment...

This is the Banh Mi I had from Woodside hotel today after smashing a few waves at woody Beach with the kids....

Best I've had in a long long time..View attachment 1873880
Woodside pub was closed and decrepit for a fair while, word was that there were some footy players who invested in the rehashed establishment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back