Autopsy 2024 Rd 11 Blues eclipse Suns with roof closed

Who played well for the Blues in Rd 11 vs the Suns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I’m in the no Pitto camp too
We’ve looked much better & more mobile without Pitto

We were so dominant - we need to learn to get more easy goals & not just kick it to CC and H all the time!

But, I’m very happy with this win.

All of the sudden, 7-4 doesn’t look too shabby :)
Wouldn't mind pitto playing full forward for while in the vfl. Be good if he can wrestle with defenders and take a few marks around the goal square. Learn to outmatch defenders for strength like Hawkins.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Much like Moore's game against us for Collingwood last year (that had Sidebottom laughing in the post-game), I didn't think Mac Andrew was necessarily that good. We literally just kept kicking it to him, often under no pressure.
Walsh the #1 culprit.

Kept kicking it to red jumpers all day. I
Maybe we need to call him a bull too.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fantasia got himself into some good spots yesterday, was an almost game and I'm hoping he clicks next week at the AO.
I've worked it all out.

Fantasia's saving himself. He's going to kick 10 against Essendon, then walk off the ground with a cigar in a pair of aviators.

I've worked it all out.

Fantasia's saving himself. He's going to kick 10 against Essendon, then walk off the ground with a cigar in a pair of aviators.
If he can get half that against * I'll supply the cigar.

yes they have improved a bit as well with the new coach...more like genuine average...

Blues hit them with everything for 4 quarters only to get an average win.....away at suns would have been close probably for them.

i think we are down a bit in form right now...and going forward

next week will be an indicator where things might be heading for this year,right now i am only seeing moderate successes
we need C.Curnow to spark up .....nothing like last year !!! hopefully fantasia can also get going !!
we need our defense working well again....Gov back in is crucial
am not keen on Carroll playing week in week out even as sub......we need more mid depth.......looks very difficult
Charlie has scored one less goal but had the same number of scoring shots as he had done to this point last season.

His stats this year are near on parity to what they were last year.

Steady on

It's clear our best is exceptional. Flag worthy frankly.

Just need to work on cutting out the dumb stuff e.g. the brainless inside 50 kicking....
You get the feeling once we build some continuity into our back 7, the confidence in front of the ball will come.

Our transition from defence was pretty good yesterday.

A solid back six helps this & also allows mids to push forward rather than protecting the turnover.

Time is our friend in this case :)

Last edited:
Williams has to play forward now right? Looked dangerous last week and slotted 4 today. Gets to the right spot, is quick, clean and gets his foot to it quickly too
Done more in a quarter of footy than Durdin & Fantasia have combined to do all year !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our transition from defence was pretty good yesterday.

A solid back six helps this & also allows mids to push forward rather than protecting the turnover.

Time is our friend in this case :)
Some of our good transition work included running the ball out of defence through the centre corridor.

Also recall one passage when Cincotta had an empty forward line ahead of him chose to kick to a contest on the flank. We won the contest and importantly it gave us time for the forwards to run to position. Pretty smart play.

Seemed overall we made some good decisions moving the ball forward. We also made a couple of bad decisions, notably kicking it deep to Andrews instead of a short pass to Charlie screaming for the ball on the 50m line.

Charlie has scored one less goal but had the same number of scoring shots as he had done to this point last season.

His stats this year are near on parity to what they were last year.

Steady on
Still think the guy is carrying something.

But one day he will kick 12 or more in a game...

When he switches on he is unstoppable....better delivery inside 50 would help too!

(and a lot less predictability)

V.frustrating to watch. Time for him to switch on in that regards, hopefully they’re pulling him up on it, as he would go to work on rectifying a glaring issue.

Twice in the second quarter alone Charlie called for it short on the lead around the 50 with Andrews rolling off him to get back to the deeper contest only for Walsh to ignore him and kick it deeper inside 50 to the contest where Gold Coast had the outnumber with Andrews. It was next level dumb to do it once let alone twice. You just know Pendlebury or Daicos or Sidebottom would’ve taken the short option to Charlie. This sort of poor decision making is why we cannot put teams away.

Last edited:
yes they have improved a bit as well with the new coach...more like genuine average...

Blues hit them with everything for 4 quarters only to get an average win.....away at suns would have been close probably for them.

i think we are down a bit in form right now...and going forward

next week will be an indicator where things might be heading for this year,right now i am only seeing moderate successes
we need C.Curnow to spark up .....nothing like last year !!! hopefully fantasia can also get going !!
we need our defense working well again....Gov back in is crucial
am not keen on Carroll playing week in week out even as sub......we need more mid depth.......looks very difficult
They are below average away from home, beaten no one and only play good at home so agree if we played them there it evens out but yesterday I would have been shocked after last week if we lost … the media hype on them is ridiculous , they won’t make finals and will sit 10-12 .. thats an average team in my book… next 2 weeks 1 win is needed , hopefully if it’s one it’s Essendon then after the bye we launch and go on a run

2 more games then we get a bye. Weit would be one looking forward to that bit of rest.

If we could stay relatively injury free until then we get Cerra, Cunners, Pitto and maybe Martin / Cottrell back it could set us up for a run at the second half of the year. We could start resting / rotating a few maybe... like some actual injury management type stuff.

A lot of water to go under the bridge before that happens though.

Swans have only used 27 players, sides just don't rest players this time of the year, especially with byes coming up

Last edited:
orazio got involved at least. never going to be a huge ball winner but provided some zip a touch further up the ground.

wouldn't want to rely too much on williams kicking a bag just yet but it's good to see he can if he gets the chance. be interesting to see how he goes in the weeks ahead. the left footer in front of the goal square was pretty special. found himself in the right spots, competed in the air when he had to but recovered well with the ball on the deck.
thanks for your services cuningham. unless you're in enough form/health to replace orazio.

cobwebs blown away for a couple of the players, onto port.

Back