Preview 2024 Rd 11 Carlton vs Gold Coast Saturday 25th May 1:45PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
A.Saad, L.Cowan, L.Fogarty

OUT: C.Durdin (Omitted), M.Pittonet (Finger), C.Marchbank (Managed)

Backs:Adam SaadJacob WeiteringLachie Cowan
Half-backs:Brodie KempMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Zac WilliamsHarry McKayElijah Hollands
Forwards:Orazio FantasiaCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollAlex Cincotta
Lachie FogartyGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsCorey DurdinLewis Young

Last edited:
Any chance we can get back to the game style of what was winning football last year... We are too tall with 2 rucks!!!
Hell i think we played best last year when SOS was the ruck...
Our key was to have as many people as we can to each contest and by having a team stacked with midfielders allowed that to happen.
Have the key pillars then the rest to move the ball forward with the rolling pressure...

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The decision to drop Cowan for a completely underdone Marchbank was a really poor one, imo.

Cowan should have stayed in for mine. 19 year old kid who is hungry, hard at it and has weapons.

Marchbank looks cooked. His attacking on the contest when Amarty was going back with the flight really stamped his papers for me.

Any chance we can get back to the game style of what was winning football last year... We are too tall with 2 rucks!!!
Hell i think we played best last year when SOS was the ruck...
Our key was to have as many people as we can to each contest and by having a team stacked with midfielders allowed that to happen.
Have the key pillars then the rest to move the ball forward with the rolling pressure...

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Our most complete performance last year was without a recognised ruck... vs Freo over in Perth.

But we had Martin, Cerra et al... right now we are 'hamstrung'

Watching some of the sides that have played well the last few weeks and they have mixed it up and changed their midfields

Dogs have injected Richards
Dons look better with Durham Caldwell having more midfield minutes
WCE have included Duggan and of course Reid
Hawks with Will Day
Swans do well because they have numerous options and speed

I really feel we need to mix up our mids and create more options

Watching some of the sides that have played well the last few weeks and they have mixed it up and changed their midfields

Hawks with Will Day

More Elijah Hollands on ball is one of the answers imo. With Cerra and Docherty out we need more mids (other than Walsh) that can spread from the contest to balance out the contested mids. Also allows us to minimise the Cripps/Hewett/Kennedy CBA set-up which does not work.

As soon as Fogarty is available he should add to our midfield rotation as well. Turning point of our season last year was his entry to the team and his ability to play the dual fwd/mid role.

just thinking out side the box, Cincotta to go into the midfield on Rowell, need someone with strength to tackle him.
Cowan on Flanders, using some of our 'lesser' lights to shake up things.
Oz as sub if he plays, even use Fog pressure in the centre bounce to shake things up.

Hawks with Will Day

Interestingly we did look good last year when Cunners and FoG had a few CBAs.

Cincotta to midfield has a vibe similar to Ed Richards replacing Libba in the Dogs midfield.

Adding a bit of pace in there would be great but unfortunately we don’t have many options to lock up the opposition small dangerous forwards atm.

Fog and Saad the absolute must ins if they're fit, not to mention Weiters.

So many that need to be cut right now, but I'd settle with them in for Durdin and Marchbank then give the boys an almighty rocket with some genuine consequences. Maybe just replay the Bombers game from last year again morning of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks with Will Day

Voss is slow to change things up, too conservative by far....in games and in selection frankly.

Especially when things are very obviously not working!

Voss is slow to change things up, too conservative by far....in games and in selection frankly.

Yeah absolutely and its frustrating.

Coaches have got to get more creative and look at the sorts of changes other clubs are making and benefiting from by trying different mid set ups.

Some teams have already worked out a blueprint for getting around our mid dominance.

In our team we have players that are likely to add a different element to our mid set ups - give the oppo coaches something to think about.

just thinking out side the box, Cincotta to go into the midfield on Rowell, need someone with strength to tackle him.
Cowan on Flanders, using some of our 'lesser' lights to shake up things.
Oz as sub if he plays, even use Fog pressure in the centre bounce to shake things up.

Na. Cinc has to play lockdown on Humphrey (who kicked five last week).
Did a great job on Kozzy, and was ok on Papley last week for the first half at least.

I know Moir hasn't been going flash so far but if Motlop doesn't get up, could we see a debut? Might as well tbh.

Reasonably big game at home, need some enthusiasm, means we punt Fantasia and Durdin who both need to find form to be considered ever again imo.

Surely with injuries and effort on-field, he can't go any worse? Give the kid a run, I say. And not as sub.

Updated ins (optimistic)

IN
| Adam Saad, Lachie Fogarty, Jesse Motlop, Jack Carroll
OUT | Caleb Marchbank (Omitted), Corey Durdin (Omitted), Orazio Fantasia (Omitted),

Switch in Ashton Moir if one of Motlop or Fog aren't ready.

No idea for sub but not a bloody slow, inside midfielder. Don't mind the Boyd sub suggestion to rest and bring on speed late down back or up forward.

Last edited:
I know Moir hasn't been going flash so far but if Motlop doesn't get up, could we see a debut? Might as well tbh.

Reasonably big game at home, need some enthusiasm, means we punt Fantasia and Durdin who both need to find form to be considered ever again imo.

Surely with injuries and effort on-field, he can't go any worse? Give the kid a run, I say. And not as sub.

Updated ins (optimistic)

IN
| Adam Saad, Lachie Fogarty, Jesse Motlop, Jack Carroll
OUT | Caleb Marchbank (Omitted), Corey Durdin (Omitted), Orazio Fantasia (Omitted),

Switch in Ashton Moir if one of Motlop or Fog aren't ready.

No idea for sub but not a bloody slow, inside midfielder. Don't mind the Boyd sub suggestion to rest and bring on speed late down back or up forward.
Yeah I think its time to give this Moir kid a run - as you he cant go any worse - Durdin/Fantasia are playing like absolute duds atm.

In fairness he is already heavily compromised on what he can do playing as many as 10 inferior second choice players. Also in game injuries take away any real chance to be flexible. How many times this have we been able to use the sub for tactics rather than due to an injury?

This place really needs a win

We are now once again questioning Voss's integrity, stating he has favourites.

No coach would jeopardise their career on the back of selecting players he "favours", rather than selecting players he and the MC believe can contribute to the gameplan and or game tactics

As for not being flexible, just because an individual here wants to see a player in a certain position, doesn't actually mean it's valid or would work

Although, there have been a number of tweaks in the last 12 months, which have also yielded success, that perhaps have eluded the casual observer

This place really needs a win

We are now once again questioning Voss's integrity, stating he has favourites.

No coach would jeopardise their career on the back of selecting players he "favours", rather than selecting players he and the MC believe can contribute to the gameplan and or game tactics

As for not being flexible, just because an individual here wants to see a player in a certain position, doesn't actually mean it's valid or would work

Although, there have been a number of tweaks in the last 12 months, which have also yielded success, that perhaps have eluded the casual observer
Don't waste your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back