Preview 2024 Rd 12 Carlton vs Port Adelaide Thursday 30th May 7:30PM AEST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

Unchanged

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1566482/afl-team-news-blues-name-23-for-thursday-night-football

Backs:Adam SaadJacob WeiteringZac Williams
Half-backs:Brodie KempMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsElijah Hollands
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayMatthew Owies
Forwards:George HewettCharlie CurnowMatthew Kennedy
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshAlex Cincotta
Interchange:Lachie CowanJack CarrollBlake Acres
Jordan BoydOrazio Fantasia
Emergencies:Corey DurdinCaleb MarchbankLewis Young

Gov played out the game and can't see him missing.

I can't see why on form we would bring Marchbank in.

Pittonet won't be ready to play and we look much better with 1 ruck.

I see Motlop in for Fantasia and not much else.

Gov played out the game and can't see him missing.

I can't see why on form we would bring Marchbank in.
With rib breaks, there is a massive difference from playing on adrenalin, getting a shot or two, to backing up the following week, or in this case 5 days

Nothing to do with form

Players desperately need a break
Why? It's an odd phenomenon that Carlton supporters seem to have to witness. Our team desperately needs a rest when others don't. Are we actually fitter? Are we not resting enough? Are players lazy with personal recovery and prep?

Being desperate for a break 11 games in when half of them haven't even played 11 games is wild

With rib breaks, there is a massive difference from playing on adrenalin, getting a shot or two, to backing up the following week, or in this case 5 days

Nothing to do with form
Rest Gov for 1 or 2 games.
Cripps was ineffective with a mattress wrapped around his ribs late last season.

Why? It's an odd phenomenon that Carlton supporters seem to have to witness. Our team desperately needs a rest when others don't. Are we actually fitter? Are we not resting enough? Are players lazy with personal recovery and prep?

Being desperate for a break 11 games in when half of them haven't even played 11 games is wild

Read what I wrote. As I said many are carrying injuries and because of our injury list need to play. As such a break will do them wonders. Nothing to do with your comments

Nothing to do with form
Is it a break?

Our injury list means we have to play players who would ideally not play due to soreness or injury. It also means our better players have to cover in game for some of our not so good players. We’ve had a really tough draw so far, 1 or 2 comfortable games.

Shouldn’t be that hard to understand.

Read what I wrote. As I said many are carrying injuries and because of our injury list need to play. As such a break will do them wonders. Nothing to do with your comments
And as much as they are elite athletes in elite facilities, they are still human.

Nothing to do with form
What would a broken rib take.

2 weeks then they will strap him and pad it..? 3 weeks with the bye.

Even if sides don't have injuries, they don't just rest players this time of the year, they control workloads during the week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think some of it would be due to our play style. Crash and bash every week would take a toll.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd put Cincotta on Butters
As would I, then Hewett on JHF.

Got no one else that can somewhat match Butters’ speed, bar Walsh, and I don’t trust him defensively.

Leaves Rozee on Kennedy, but he’s not 100% so hopefully plays fwd or not at all.

Our injury list means we have to play players who would ideally not play due to soreness or injury. It also means our better players have to cover in game for some of our not so good players. We’ve had a really tough draw so far, 1 or 2 comfortable games.

Shouldn’t be that hard to understand.

I thought it was clear but same people with agendas think 2+2=5. Facts are irrelevant 🤷

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back