Preview 2024 Rd 12 Carlton vs Port Adelaide Thursday 30th May 7:30PM AEST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

Unchanged

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1566482/afl-team-news-blues-name-23-for-thursday-night-football

Backs:Adam SaadJacob WeiteringZac Williams
Half-backs:Brodie KempMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsElijah Hollands
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayMatthew Owies
Forwards:George HewettCharlie CurnowMatthew Kennedy
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshAlex Cincotta
Interchange:Lachie CowanJack CarrollBlake Acres
Jordan BoydOrazio Fantasia
Emergencies:Corey DurdinCaleb MarchbankLewis Young

Our injury list means we have to play players who would ideally not play due to soreness or injury. It also means our better players have to cover in game for some of our not so good players. We’ve had a really tough draw so far, 1 or 2 comfortable games.

Shouldn’t be that hard to understand.

It's great in theory, unfortunately clubs don't think that way, certainly not this time of the year

Swans, GWS, Port have used the least number of players, and generally the bottom sides use more players, which isn't unusual either

State the obvious but the next 2 games either leave us battling with the pack to play finals or give us a chance for top 4 and a good platform. It’s that tight.
Yup agree, succinctly synopsis. Both games will be very challenging, I’d be content winning either game given team status and injuries.
Both Port & Bombers are strong contenders for ladder positioning 5 to 8.Competition is very even outside of top 4.
Personal availability has huge impact, Richmond and Hawthorn too will be chomping at the bite on the way home.

Did Motlop play a full game yesterday? Only 5 disposals is a worry if he did, fitness might be cooked

He was a bit like this last year. Had an injury, played a few average reserves games, then was a late inclusion against Port, kicked 4 goals and was ‘deadly’ all year. Here’s hoping history continues its habit of repeating itself.

Read what I wrote. As I said many are carrying injuries and because of our injury list need to play. As such a break will do them wonders. Nothing to do with your comments

You've missed the point completely by being defensive. I said why do we need a rest already. Obviously the injury list plays into it but there are Clarks comments in the news there are all sorts of things to think about.

I acknowledged and know many are carrying injuries. That's the whole damn point. Why
Our injury list means we have to play players who would ideally not play due to soreness or injury. It also means our better players have to cover in game for some of our not so good players. We’ve had a really tough draw so far, 1 or 2 comfortable games.

Shouldn’t be that hard to understand.
Same as above. People missing that I was referring to the bigger picture of the injury issues. Far out.
Even if sides don't have injuries, they don't just rest players this time of the year, they control workloads during the week
Bang! There we go. That's more what I'm getting at. Are we not managing this properly or are we? Clark said a chunk of it was to do with players not putting in the work looking after themselves.... It all ties in.
I thought it was clear but same people with agendas think 2+2=5. Facts are irrelevant 🤷
I'm suddenly someone with an agenda now? Christ. You and Stamos are both smarter than these replies would indicate, and you would know I'm not one with an agenda against.... I don't even know what? Nothing in my original reply is agenderised.... Are you like hunting?

You both know damn well I wasn't just ignoring an injury list and was referring to the whole picture and how difficult it is to manage, how different it seems to be for us vs other top clubs sometimes, how we've already managed Hewett through sub etc but he needs to be managed still(?), how we've got questions around is it the kamikaze game plan, is it players not resting enough/preparing well enough is it a hangover from an overly tough pre season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never mentioned you. Again 2+2=5
Just like hunting after an 'its not that hard post' then. Solid.
Incorrect. My comments were clear and you completely went another route with NO relevance

Players are having to play through injuries they normally would have a break or time off to recover fully. It’s that simple
My comments have everything to do with that 👍

It's great in theory, unfortunately clubs don't think that way, certainly not this time of the year

Swans, GWS, Port have used the least number of players, and generally the bottom sides use more players, which isn't unusual either
Yes game continuity for the player and team is most important aspect in most team sports while training in season is less so as there is limited time between games to bed down change in overall game style.
Real Madrid played a nothing game last night with champions league final next week Bellingham Vinnie Jr played the whole game arguably two best players in the world .

With rib breaks, there is a massive difference from playing on adrenalin, getting a shot or two, to backing up the following week, or in this case 5 days

Nothing to do with form

I would like to think form is a factor.

If Gov doesn't get up I would be playing a smaller defence over bringing in Marchbank or for that matter Young.

If gov is fit I wouldn't even let the players wash there kit for next week.

Still hard to work out why our inside 50' have dried up and we giving up so many. With the statistical imbalance of possession clearance contest against the suns hard to believe our inside 50 count still same -- says to me we still haven't got on top of what we are doing in between the arcs on transition - Hope we find an answer other than saying we miss Cerra ..

If we have close to same inside 50 count as port we win as they like us can go for long periods of not scoring but we still have the overall better fwds.

If gov is fit I wouldn't even let the players wash there kit for next week.

Still hard to work out why our inside 50' have dried up and we giving up so many. With the statistical imbalance of possession clearance contest against the suns hard to believe our inside 50 count still same -- says to me we still haven't got on top of what we are doing in between the arcs on transition - Hope we find an answer other than saying we miss Cerra ..

If we have close to same inside 50 count as port we win as they like us can go for long periods of not scoring but we still have the overall better fwds.
Is there a stat on repeat i50s? That might tell us something. Feels like we either score or they rebound.

Going by M.Voss presser, he’s still seeing the dual rucks as a working combo. If Pitto is fit, think he’ll likely be selected.
Yes he probably still sees Marchbank in our best 23, which is crazy based on his durability, similarly with Pitto, l think we need to evolve our planning & decision making in these areas.

Yes he probably still sees Marchbank in our best 23, which is crazy based on his durability, similarly with Pitto, l think we need to evolve our planning & decision making in these areas.
yeah Voss is prolly a flat earther too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back