Preview 2024 Rd 12 Carlton vs Port Adelaide Thursday 30th May 7:30PM AEST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

Unchanged

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1566482/afl-team-news-blues-name-23-for-thursday-night-football

Backs:Adam SaadJacob WeiteringZac Williams
Half-backs:Brodie KempMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsElijah Hollands
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayMatthew Owies
Forwards:George HewettCharlie CurnowMatthew Kennedy
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshAlex Cincotta
Interchange:Lachie CowanJack CarrollBlake Acres
Jordan BoydOrazio Fantasia
Emergencies:Corey DurdinCaleb MarchbankLewis Young

Going by M.Voss presser, he’s still seeing the dual rucks as a working combo. If Pitto is fit, think he’ll likely be selected.
Suppose it depends how you hear things - I thought he made out that pitto been in good form unlucky with injury TDK really steps up when he takes over by himself and is starting to be able impact over 4 quarters instead of dropping off ---really gives us something to look at ... played a flat bat for mine -

I would like to think form is a factor.

If Gov doesn't get up I would be playing a smaller defence over bringing in Marchbank or for that matter Young.
I’d prefer to play Akuei than either of them. I’d think he’d really show us a different look compared to either of them. He’s very athletic and would relish the step up in grade imo.

I’d prefer to play Akuei than either of them. I’d think he’d really show us a different look compared to either of them. He’s very athletic and would relish the step up in grade imo.

If Akeui plays a game of league football for us ever I’ll be shocked. I doubt he’d be playing VFL if he weren’t a Cat B rookie.

Apparently there’s two players under injury concern for this game. One I think(as per posted by Le dom is rozee) anyone know who the other player is?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id rather a Gov at 50-60% than Marchbank at this stage tbh
We’re going a bit too hard on Marchy given his talent, elite when at his best. Short memories - was missing for 2-3 games before being thrown to the Wolves in cut-throat Lions prelim and in our best 3 or 4!

Hope this makes sense - but with his injury history he’s had to cope constantly with being thrown in off limited games and most times he outperforms expectations. Says so much about his natural ability.

If he plays in place of Gov I’ll back him right in..there, I said it.

We’re going a bit too hard on Marchy given his talent, elite when at his best. Short memories - was missing for 2-3 games before being thrown to the Wolves in cut-throat Lions prelim and in our best 3 or 4!

Hope this makes sense - but with his injury history he’s had to cope constantly with being thrown in off limited games and most times he outperforms expectations. Says so much about his natural ability.

If he plays in place of Gov I’ll back him right in..there, I said it.
100%. Marchbanks problem is his durability, not his ability.

He ain’t Gov but he’s not some plodder stop gap type either. Was best 22 last year easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back