Autopsy 2024 Rd 6 Premiership Quarter Blue Blitz hands Giants their first loss

Who played well for the Blues in Round 6 vs the Giants?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That was a Bloody brilliant performance by our club today! Many amazing individual efforts but the most pleasing aspect for me was that we saw as complete a team performance as I have seen by a Carlton team in a long time.

Let's not sully the feeling we have now with worrying about who was right and who was wrong, let's celebrate this win long and hard together. I can't imagine that there's anybody who wasn't happy with what they saw today regardless of their expressed opinions before the game.

This is the best squad that we have had in many years and it is complimented by what I believe is the best coaching set-up we have had since the days of Parkin.

It's time to believe and enjoy the ride as a proud Carlton community.

Go Blues!

I said, and quote "maybe not quite ready for the physical game style but is a great talent."
Hardly either bashing nor hating.
Also taken out of context because it was in reference to people saying that Binns is not being considered because he's not physically ready yet.

Wasn’t directed at you.

Never changed my opinion based on mass thought, massive difference between AFL and VFL

Binns developing nicely, but not at Ollie's level

It's one thing to not change an opinion. It's another to call people out when someone finds a modicum of form. There would be zero critical analysis of anything if you had your way. You won't tolerate it.

It's one thing to not change an opinion. It's another to call people out when someone finds a modicum of form. There would be zero critical analysis of anything if you had your way. You won't tolerate it.
I'll always call it as I see it, right or wrong

Yes, Ollie has been sluggish, but still a massive difference between AFL and VFL

More like not fit yet for AFL should be playing VFL.

Let’s just leave it at that.
There are a few who said he was out of form and needed some time in the VFL to get his mojo back. Today, he turned his form around in spectacular fashion.

Really pleased to see our coaches making some clear changes/strategies when things arent working.

Moving Charlie back when they had momentum was a really important move.

That seemed to swing the momentum our way.
The ability to react to how a game was playing out was always my one big knock on Voss.

At times at the beginning of last year it felt like he was so focused on his one singular game plan, and he refused to react if it wasn't working.

I don't know what changed half way through last year, but each game he coaches I'm a seeing more and more growth in this area which is fantastic. I also don't believe it all just clicked when our run started last year, there were definite changes

So huge props to Voss and the coaching team for their continual growth

What a huge performance in that 2nd half

Cripps Walsh Curnow McKay huge when the whips were cracking

Tdk pitto Kennedy Cowan Boyd O Hollands and cotters brilliant …

A win for the ages that was.

How good is Sam Walsh … back from injury and two massive 35 plus possession games in a row
He is a beast of a footballer, that’s just insane when you break it down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think that Young really stepped up with Hogan when he took over for Weitering after his bad corkie. Probably won't get to many props because of others games but thought he deserved a mention

Not a fan of Young but if he can stay in his lane and just play the percentages more often than not he’ll get the job done.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back