Position 2024 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

I still reckon Reid in 3/4’s and subbed will outscore the likes of Billings, Macrae & Lazzaro playing 4. Especially with the kind unaccountable half-back role he should be given.

Not really. First hit out but also we don’t know his training load. They probably haven’t tapered off yet, and he’s just pushed out heaps of miles the week before.

Waiting on the actual pre season match of course, if he’s struggling then yep sure.

But Billings and co are far worse players and that’s 90% priority - are they actually good enough to win & use the ball well. Next step is can they do it for 4 quarters

I’ll say it again, this is why you always take actual good players who win their own contested ball over spuds who rely on handball receives or need a shitty flank role at a new club because they lost their old midfield role due to spuddiness.

Even better that he’s playing midfield instead of HB.

The signs were there from the beginning, just learning his side, and now it’s all coming together.

91 & 108 last 2 weeks, if he avoids injury won’t surprise me if he ends up a keeper forward option if you think Curnow, Hogan, McKay, Jackson & Jez don’t maintain their current averages.

I'm still struggling to accept paying a premium price for a KPD in Comben .....his injury history makes Fyfe look bullet-proof, and surely his #1 objective is to defend
He's not a pure lockdown KPD. He's playing the Moore role. Freedom to come off your man and intercept.

His injury history is contact stuff, it's not reoccurring niggles and soft tissue injuries.

I'm picking him because he's asking for the ball and is getting involved in disposal chains exiting the d50. Easy points.

I’ll say it again, this is why you always take actual good players who win their own contested ball over spuds who rely on handball receives or need a shitty flank role at a new club because they lost their old midfield role due to spuddiness.

Even better that he’s playing midfield instead of HB.

The signs were there from the beginning, just learning his side, and now it’s all coming together.

91 & 108 last 2 weeks, if he avoids injury won’t surprise me if he ends up a keeper forward option if you think Curnow, Hogan, McKay, Jackson & Jez don’t maintain their current averages.
I'm calling Fyfe and Reid "keepers" until the FWD premo landscape becomes more clear. Both have great roles and scoring capabilities. I'm not rushing to pay $560k for Shai Bolton, Mr inconsistent, whose in a poor side, when I got Fyfe and Reid scoring well enough.

I'm calling Fyfe and Reid "keepers" until the FWD premo landscape becomes more clear. Both have great roles and scoring capabilities. I'm not rushing to pay $560k for Shai Bolton, Mr inconsistent, whose in a poor side, when I got Fyfe and Reid scoring well enough.
Will Fyfe get subbed again this week against WCE ?

Hope so. Give him a rest while it's best 18, then he can come back and score a couple of 100s in a row.

Hope so. Give him a rest while it's best 18, then he can come back and score a couple of 100s in a row.
Bit different thinking for me – I don't see him as a year-long keeper, I see him as my ticket to a big SP mid. If he gets subbed on 40 or something (stunting his cash gen), he's gone for me.

Bit different thinking for me – I don't see him as a year-long keeper, I see him as my ticket to a big SP mid. If he gets subbed on 40 or something (stunting his cash gen), he's gone for me.
How is he doing this year fitness- wise? Does he actually need a rest or is he running out games OK?

How is he doing this year fitness- wise? Does he actually need a rest or is he running out games OK?
He can hardly run, but he can get between contests, and that's all they need from him. He's got his body right to do what he needs to do. Still looks rusty with ball in hand. I reckon a big score is coming.

This is a year to cast aside injury concerns :straining:
Can’t believe I skipped Yeo and Fyfe because of ‘concerns’ yet picked Whitfield and Williams :drunk:

Not saying the guys I picked are bad, but they are all relatively prone to injury, yet I deemed them to be less of a risk.

Can’t believe I skipped Yeo and Fyfe because of ‘concerns’ yet picked Whitfield and Williams :drunk:

Not saying the guys I picked are bad, but they are all relatively prone to injury, yet I deemed them to be less of a risk.
It may be just a threshold

Two injury prone players may just be your limit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please tell me his nickname is Buck.

I would prefer that it's KENNY, because as SuperCoach players, we need to...

"Know when to hold them,
Know when to trade them,
Know when to walk away,
Know when to run".

Can someone explain to me why Gold Coast have so many damn rookies this year?

Uwland, Berry, Clohesy, Graham, Mac Andrew, Walter, Reid. Feel like no other teams blood their rookies like the GCS do?

Uwland, Berry, Clohesy, Graham, Mac Andrew, Walter, Reid. Feel like no other teams blood their rookies like the GCS do?

ACADEMY

DIMMA

SELL HOPE and the better players will come (trade wise)

I'd give the rookies a crack too if the alternatives were the likes of Ben Long, Alex Sexton, Brandon Ellis and Levi Casboult.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back