Game Day 2024 Round 11 Discussion - Indigenous Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aboriginal Round

From the moment Joey Johnson took the field for Fitzroy in the early 1900s, he became the standard bearer that created a pathway for future generations of Aboriginal kids. Sir Doug Nicholls, forced from a club that he was training with due to racism, laid the foundations for others, showing his people that grit and determination could overcome the obstacle and pain of racism. We marvelled at Big Polly, one of the Stolen Ones who changed the way the game was played. We saw the Krakouer brothers set Waverley alight, and we looked on in awe at perhaps the greatest of them all, Stephen Michael, oh what could have been. We watched as the Aboriginal players of the 70s and 80s were berated, ridiculed and tormented, yet they still turned up week in and week out to play for their clubs. We were there when Nicky took a stand and said ‘no more’ and Michael made the long walk to ensuring that future generations of Aboriginal players did not have to face the wrath of racists both on and off the field. We hung our heads in shame as a champion was booed from the game. We were blessed to see Buddy, Rioli, Lewis, Goodes, Matera, Wanganeen and so many more champions of the game. So, in this Aboriginal Round, stop and reflect on the great contributions that Aboriginal players have made to the game but take a moment to think about those lost to the game due to racism or a lack of understanding of Aboriginal culture. Think about those that pulled on their jumpers every week knowing the torrent of abuse that was ahead.
So now we turn to Supercoach, and like the great spirit dreaming's, let us dream, dream big, dream high and may all your Supercoach dreams come true this weekend.

Last edited:
Ryan's score, once again, is an absolute joke. I kept an eye on him all game, and he was probably in the bottom half of the most influential players on the ground. Apart from the HTB, was beaten over and over in defence, doesn't intercept, provides no rebounds and was a passenger when Freo threatened to overrun the Pies. He'll be averaging 60-70 if he doesn't take 10+ kickins a game.

Ryan's score, once again, is an absolute joke. I kept an eye on him all game, and he was probably in the bottom half of the most influential players on the ground. Apart from the HTB, was beaten over and over in defence, doesn't intercept, provides no rebounds and was a passenger when Freo threatened to overrun the Pies. He'll be averaging 60-70 if he doesn't take 10+ kickins a game.
But he does take kick ins and they are effective points.
So save yourself the stress and bring him in.

9/926

Never again with Fyfe. Don't care if he double tons y
9/926

Never again with Fyfe. Don't care if he double tons next week.

fire crowd GIF by South Park
Anyone got zorks phone number... this bloke needs the jab hook ups.. old balls serum statttt

Just seen the Sullivan thing.
Get ****ed, you yellow maggot.
Piss right off
I nearly throw the remote at the TV. Honest.

NEVER seen a more ridiculous decision in all my footy life. THAT FN KNOB-HEADED LOOKING UMPIRE got offended and felt compelled to make a statement. Game was dead and it reignited after that.

Nevertheless, we should’ve held from that point. Mighty effort with all the kids though.

And to all the Ryan whinging campaigners…It’s obvious CD love him so save some FN coin and just trade the gull in. You’ll be kissing his feet afterwards I assure you.

NEVER seen a more ridiculous decision in all my footy life. THAT FN KNOB-HEADED LOOKING UMPIRE got offended and felt compelled to make a statement. Game was dead and it reignited after that.

Nevertheless, we should’ve held from that point. Mighty effort with all the kids though.
Bloody ropeable absolutely terrible decision

I whole heartedly agree. People with normal hair be gets 95. Dunno what to tell ya...
I also do know what to tell ya, this games a joke my boii

Maybe it's just me.. but do you think that theres some funny BUSINESS happening here with umpires circa last qtr?.. maybe keep the viewers/customers engaged..
Meanwhile the fabric of our beautiful game is being slowly eroded? Who knows

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just seen the Sullivan thing.
Get ****ed, you yellow maggot.
Piss right off
Sullivan broke the rules and the umpire awarded a free kick. Shocking, I know.

I'm backing Wilson to go big on Sunday, he is an elite runner and he will enjoy the extra space to run around the Dees at the G.

I don't have any other option but to back him though as it's either start him in my forward line or take Darcy's putrid score of 42.

He brings us owners much joy. It's disgusting we know. It is what it is man, accept it and get on the train. This guy has taken scab to a new level, shameless

Maybe it's just me.. but do you think that theres some funny BUSINESS happening here with umpires circa last qtr?.. maybe keep the viewers/customers engaged..
Meanwhile the fabric of our beautiful game is being slowly eroded? Who knows
Don’t think there’s a conspiracy, just inept umpiring period. The standard is getting worse where rules and interpretations change week to week, game to game.

That decision though was just pure petulance from the umpire. Probably scolds his kids for not putting their toys away.

What rules Uncle? How often have you seen that free kick paid? Never is the answer. How many times in a game does the player just drop the ball to the ground after a whistle and NOT hand the ball over. All the bloody time is the answer. It was bullsheet. The entire football world knows it.

Top it off, he didn’t even apply the rule correctly because it was obvious to all the player wasn’t time wasting.

Don’t be a Malaka too just stir the pot.

It's technically there, it's not changing.
He had no way of getting it to the ump directly without waiting and being out of position, gave it to Daicos.
Resulted in zero delay
Not going to argue it can't be paid technically, but take a gander at Serong in the same quarter leave the footy on the ground.
No free, genuine delay.
It's one of the more shocking correct calls you will ever see.
I am not normally a one-eyed umpire basher, happy to ve labelled one here, was absolute frogshit.

It's technically there, it's not changing.
He had no way of getting it to the ump directly without waiting and being out of position, gave it to Daicos.
Resulted in zero delay
Not going to argue it can't be paid technically, but take a gander at Serong in the same quarter leave the footy on the ground.
No free, genuine delay.
It's one of the more shocking correct calls you will ever see.
I am not normally a one-eyed umpire basher, happy to ve labelled one here, was absolute frogshit.
With you on this one. Just displays a complete lack of feel for the game by an umpire – that action happens fairly frequently and I can't recall seeing it paid previously. Time-off had been blown too, so it's not like it was a deliberate time-wasting tactic.

Idk, I've just seen it now and didn't watch the game. If it was something they'd repeatedly warned players about throughout the night (or if there was a memo to clubs during the week), then I guess there's a fair rationale. Otherwise, it just looks like wholly unnecessary nitpicking resulting in far too big of a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back