Trades 2024 Round 11 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gone from Sweet to Fisher and Jones to Richards to

Jones for Richards
Ramsden for Freijah

As mentioned holding Rankine, but I should have the cash to double upgrade next week now maybe pending what some rooks do.
Any inside knowledge about Rankine? Club says 3 and then bye in week 15. I started him and he has been a most excellent POD, so reluctant to trade, but cant have a guy at 550k playing 1 game in 5.

Thoughts?

Opt 1
McKay - Zorko
Wilson - Richards
Bonner - Houston

Opt 2
McKay - L Jackson
Wilson - Richards
Clohesy - Houston

Opt 3
Garcia - Freijah
Jones - Richards
Clohesy - Stewart / Fisher

Opt 4
Jones - Richards
Wilson - Freijah
Clohesy - Rowell / Anderson
Get rookies off field. Anyone with a boost left should be looking to get 2 premiums from 3 rookies and bank this round.

I already have Whitfield ....but my quest is DPP players

I had Clark in Fantasy from R1 ....a great pick he's been too

But I prefer the DPP, role, and Bye of Crisp .....plus I have other planned players for the R13 Bye to come in
I like Crisp aswell. Seriously tempted to skip the rookies this week to get him. Can be sideways at his bye if he drops off.

Any inside knowledge about Rankine? Club says 3 and then bye in week 15. I started him and he has been a most excellent POD, so reluctant to trade, but cant have a guy at 550k playing 1 game in 5.

Won't be back till after his bye I reckon, gotta trade.

Think I’ve narrowed trades down to three options

Option 1 trade jones for Richard’s/Freijah and Wilson to Jackson. Negative lose Wilson who likely is nice bye cover

Option 2 trade h Garcia and Dempsey for Freijah and Jackson. Negative is Wilson ends on the mid bench this week instead of on field and jones stays as dead rookie until next week.

Option 3 trade Dempsey and clohesy and get Freijah and Houston. Negative is keeping both jones and h Garcia for at least another week.

Leaning option 2 thoughts
HGarcia must be a chance to get picked tonight?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also started him as all the talk was midfield midfield midfield. I'd be guessing we'd likely go conservative (at least I am hoping so) if we aren't a chance of making finals a loss to WCE this week and makes it 99.9% chance we don't make it which would to me say that he wouldn't play until post bye which is about 5ish weeks.

I'm holding as I have a feeling they will be trying to rush him back more to the detriment of himself and the betterment of the team particularly with a "softer" draw for us and still an outside chance (albeit a long) of playing finals.

Help me, fam. What's the priority for this rabble?

I think it's either 3 triple trade (last boost) to get a Houston or similar to finish defence (no Ryan, though); OR...
Simple 1 down, 1 up forward trades to turn Windsor into (probably) Curnow. Not great, but better.

Midfield is full, but might look at luxury upgrades of JHF and/or Oliver through Byes.

1716422086535.png

Something like:
1716422443501.png
That does mean Richards or Smokin' Joel Freijah on field though!

PS - I have a health 21 trades (1 boost) coming into this, only $18k in the bank though.

Last edited:
Help me, fam. What's the priority for this rabble?

I think it's either 3 triple trade (last boost) to get a Houston or similar to finish defence (no Ryan, though); OR...
Simple 1 down, 1 up forward trades to turn Windsor into (probably) Curnow. Not great, but better.

Midfield is full, but might look at luxury upgrades of JHF and/or Oliver through Byes.

View attachment 1997476

PS - I have a health 21 trades (1 boost) coming into this, only $18k in the bank though.
Get Houston IMO. He's been a delight to own this year, and is huge value at 100k less than Ryan. If you're desperate for Ryan, you can bye flip Stewart to him in a few weeks when he's a bit cheaper.

Moreso than Freijah, anyway.

Richards' debut was extremely impressive. I didn't get to watch the Pies Crows game due to life, but I haven't heard he was terrible.

He's mature age which doesn't hurt.

We've named two new debutants this week, including a Cat B rook who's been on our list for 6 months.

So I reckon he's far from the next to be dropped.

I predict that Richards will get a gig until our bye at least
Sale Bidding GIF by David

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 11.29.35 am.png

This week I've done:
Wilson > Green
Jones > Richards

I know Green has a bye next week but I really don't think I can pass up on the value of a 115 avg guy for 487k, and I only have 4.5 r12 bye premos (Grundy, Heeney, Fisher, Green, Powell) even with him so I think it's fine to upgrade - with my bye structure the additional premos I need are a r12 bye and a r15 bye, and these upgrades will be done this week and next so I have to get the r12 player now.

Next week's plan:

Clohesy > Jack Sinclair (~550k, averaging 110 the past month, ultra POD at 4.4%)
Graham > rookie (hopefully someone emerges as a target)

and then ahead of r13 my plan is:

Sweet > rookie
SDarcy > Zorko (will be like 640k for him but no choice but to pay up, he's the clear F3)

would leave with 12 trades and a basically complete team of:

DEF: Daicos, Houston, Nic Martin, Sinclair, JClark, Stewart
MID: Serong, Butters, Bont, Dawson, Steele, Touk, Green, Clarry
RUC: Gawn, Grundy
FWD: Heeney, Flanders, Zorko, LJackson, Fisher, Powell*

Powell would need to be upgraded still probably but there's a real lack of forward options so I'm happy to hold him through the byes and then identify a valu eoption afterwards.

Caldwell, Fisher or McCrae? Who do we think would be the best F6? (i still need an F4 and F5)
It's a tough one. Heeney, Flanders, Zorko, Rankine (when fit) and Jackson seem to be a pretty clear-cut F1-5, but who the sixth best is is anyone's guess at this point (Waterman, Curnow, Moore, Naughton, Caldwell, Fisher and maybe Miers and Macrae all have cases to be made).

If you have to pick one, probably go Fisher due to cost, upside (based on role) and the low BE, which means he'll be a bit easier to flick if a clear option bobs up over the coming weeks.

I decided I'm getting a mid this week.

Current mids are Serong Bont Touk Walsh Dunkley Green.

I have 762k in the bank so can get anyone.

I am leaning towards Rowell but that will leave me with 8 premos and Reid with the round 14 bye.

Do I take Rowell and say eff it to round 14 or spend a bit more for someone with a different bye?

This is what my team looks like with Rowell and 196k leftover (Yeo is in the midfield atm for looping)

IMG_1447.jpeg IMG_1448.jpeg

I am leaning towards Rowell but that will leave me with 8 premos and Reid with the round 14 bye.

Do I take Rowell and say eff it to round 14 or spend a bit more for someone with a different bye?

This is what my team looks like with Rowell and 196k leftover (Yeo is in the midfield atm for looping)

View attachment 1997601View attachment 1997603
If your worried about the bye maybe get Neale or butters, if your not worried about it go

red bull GIF
formula 1 car GIF by Red Bull Racing

View attachment 1997601View attachment 1997603
I would just pay up for Butters, not really 'value' but he hasn't gone below 620k all season and is averaging 125, and he suits your structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back