Trades 2024 Round 8 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

As rubbishy as Jackson (4th highest average, 4th highest 5 game average) and Powell (10th highest average, 13th highest 5 game average) are/were, if you already have Heeney and Flanders which of the other top 10 averaging forwards would you seriously consider trading them to (if you don't already have them as well):

Zorko, McKay, Hogan, Bolton, Curnow, Waterman.

KPF are a no go for me, so that leaves Zorko (30+ years old are a no go for me) and Bolton just as likely to throw up a 50 as a 120. Rather just ride the waves with Jackson and Powell and focus on finishing mids and defence.

On one hand, Dale looks back to All Aus form the last 2 weeks.
On the other hand, Bevo...

Pondering Season 9 GIF by The Office

On one hand, Dale looks back to All Aus form the last 2 weeks.
On the other hand, Bevo...

Pondering Season 9 GIF by The Office

Its a problem im considering the gamble though.

I took it with mac andrew not sure i will take it twice but dale is tempting.

Marshall (damn you) -> Sweet
Tom Powell (been waiting for an excuse to jump off) -> Tom Green
Seth Campbell -> Caleb Serong

What the hell we do with Tom Powell

I’m thinking the same thing. After the match yesterday I was thinking he has to go but I’ve got Dempsey and Sharp I want to get rid of as well, and plan to next week for Green and a rookie.

I think I might hold on for another week and hope he gets his role back. Slim pickings up forward. Heeney, Flanders, Reid (?) and then it falls off a cliff.

I’m thinking the same thing. After the match yesterday I was thinking he has to go but I’ve got Dempsey and Sharp I want to get rid of as well, and plan to next week for Green and a rookie.

I think I might hold on for another week and hope he gets his role back. Slim pickings up forward. Heeney, Flanders, Reid (?) and then it falls off a cliff.

Have you got any DPP mids like flanders or fyfe or reid that you can move forward? I agree fwd premos are slim..the best option would be to use dpp and swap dempsey out for a premo mid like merrett/serong/rowell etc or for a premo defender (if you have less cash).

Sounds like garcia was going to be sub until libba pulled out so while hes looking good im wary. Voss looked good but with freo playing darcy and jackson and amiss coming back he probably gets dropped.
Hardeman i think will score lowly but he probably has the best JS.
I liked simpson a lot but i wonder if he is going to keep getting the vest?

Funnily enough if clark gets a run of games now danger is out he might be worth some people trading back in later on. Will be cheap.

Have you got any DPP mids like flanders or fyfe or reid that you can move forward? I agree fwd premos are slim..the best option would be to use dpp and swap dempsey out for a premo mid like merrett/serong/rowell etc or for a premo defender (if you have less cash).

Yeah mate, the plan is for Sharp and Dempsey to become Green and a rookie.

I’ve seen a bit of traction for Powell to become Dale (via DDP), which I could do but leaves the forward line even thinner. It would be something like Heeney, Flanders, Reid, Wilson, Darcy and another rookie.

Thoughts on Caldwell?
We have Perkins and Setterfield coming back in the next couple of weeks so he probably loses some cba's. We also had Stringer eat into them this round also. If his role was guaranteed you can go there but it's not unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately Port plays early games the next two weeks so no opportunity to loop a decent score to cover Rozee.

So it's Rozee to MID premo
Cadman to MID premo via Flanders
Meek or Sexton to Sweet

I have $260k banked already so hopefully can get two top shelf MID premos

Yeah mate, the plan is for Sharp and Dempsey to become Green and a rookie.

I’ve seen a bit of traction for Powell to become Dale (via DDP), which I could do but leaves the forward line even thinner. It would be something like Heeney, Flanders, Reid, Wilson, Darcy and another rookie.

I would go someone like green or rowell if you can afford (or even zerrett) as they are set and forget.

Depends what you would do with the extra 100k if you get dale. I think he will be good value from here and you could just bring in another mid or fwd next week.

Darcy and wilson bought themselves another week in my team.
Howes maybe did too (but is going soon)

Dempsey and cadman will be out
Premo mid and a rookie in
Just trying to decide whether to boost and hold rozee or not

English kind of forced my hand last night so depending what Sweet scores on Thursday I might go Powell and Mass to English and Merrett

Sharp and Dempsey are definitely going to Green and Sweet.

Then it's what to do with Powell. If he's playing midfield he's fine going 80+, but will he get the role back? Whatever Master Coach Clarko was trying yesterday with Simpkin and Phillips didn't work. Does he go back to Powell? But he'll still going to lose cash now so I'm leaning trade and hope another option up forward appears soon.

Sharp and Dempsey are definitely going to Green and Sweet.

Then it's what to do with Powell. If he's playing midfield he's fine going 80+, but will he get the role back? Whatever Master Coach Clarko was trying yesterday with Simpkin and Phillips didn't work. Does he go back to Powell? But he'll still going to lose cash now so I'm leaning trade and hope another option up forward appears soon.
Watch team selection.
If Phillips is dropped Powell will get more mid time.
Our mids so far this year have been mainly Powell, Wardlaw and ldu.
Powell and Wardlaw are pretty much useless blocking for ldu.
Hence ldus improvement with Simpkin back in there.
Too many undersized mids has been the problem.
This is compounded by Phillips being one dimensional. He's a mid only and useless resting hff.
Powell is the better forward.
Personally I think Phillips is done.

Will be able to afford

Marshall > Sweet
Rozee > Dawson
Sharp > Serong

Complete midfield (Bont, Green, Serong, Walsh, Dawson, Steele, Daicos, N.Martin) obviously Martin & Daicos will swing back but currently happy with Roberts & Clohesy as D5 & 6 with Massimo and Graham on the bench. Its my forwardline that needs massive reparation.

Flanders, Jackson, Reid, Darcy, Comben & Dempsey/Wilson/R.Garcia does not read well!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back