Game Day 2024 Round 9 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2,174/20 (C). Naicos and Reid to come.

Tracking decently, although score was limited by having to field Howes' 54, Fyfe's 60, not being able to field Wilson, and six premos middling in the 80s (English, Houston, Stewart, Oliver, Jackson, Sheezel).

Still, it's an improvement on last week's absolute disaster lol.

21/2305c
Naicos on SBS.

How bloody good were the rookies today/tonight?! All 6 starters with excellent onfield points and kickstarting more cash gen.

Comben 98
Clohesy 105
Wilson 90
Darcy 113
Garcia 84
Sexton 82

Hugo 65 & Rogers 64 solid on the bench.

It’s the premos who’ve let me down this week with a bunch of them scoring in the 80s Houston Sinclair Rowell Oliver English Jacko. Could’ve been a massive round if these kents supported the rookies this week.

2039 with ND to come.

Forced to field Jhye and Jones for the first time with Sweet and Libba out. Both absolutely choke. Switched C from ND to Rowell last minute. Stewarts a spud this year. Jordan Clark farts out a 60. 300 points gone begging.

I’m here every week to make sure no one feels bad about their team. You’re flying catstragic 😉
Why dafaq are you fielding spuds and holding Libba? Mate you’ve got $800k+ bank sitting there. Sorry Uncle but you weren’t forced into anything. Use the FN money, it’s not a term deposit!

21/2305c
Naicos on SBS.

How bloody good were the rookies today/tonight?! All 6 starters with excellent onfield points and kickstarting more cash gen.

Comben 98
Clohesy 105
Wilson 90
Darcy 113
Garcia 84
Sexton 82

Hugo 65 & Rogers 64 solid on the bench.

It’s the premos who’ve let me down this week with a bunch of them scoring in the 80s Houston Sinclair Rowell Oliver English Jacko. Could’ve been a massive round if these kents supported the rookies this week.
My team is not too bad, but every week I play against you kenties on Roobies league - you all put in a decent score - I can’t get a win :drunk:

2039 with ND to come.

Forced to field Jhye and Jones for the first time with Sweet and Libba out. Both absolutely choke. Switched C from ND to Rowell last minute. Stewarts a spud this year. Jordan Clark farts out a 60. 300 points gone begging.

I’m here every week to make sure no one feels bad about their team. You’re flying catstragic 😉
That’s pretty bad - I didn’t have much luck either this week

I would have scored better, if I didn’t actually trade this week!
Out: Yeo, Comben
In: DMoore, McKercher

If I didn’t trade I would have fielded Comben 98 & Chohesy 105

And still had Sexton to spare on the bench with 82

SC is cruel!

Think I've calmed down a bit kenties after my melt.

Once the alcohol wears off I should be right to go again next week, am so drunk atm. LOL!

I'm usually a happy go lucky drunk but supercoach has totally made me depressed the last 2 weeks. :(

Going to bring a POD in next week in Dunkley as I feel like I need something to get me back up the overall rankings.

Have brought in Tove as assistant coach, she is my secret weapon.

As long as you still have trades left you still have hope, if you have any trade boosts left you have even more hope.

Until you blow all your boosts like I did with my last boost going on Powell to Rayner., geez I wish I could take that boost back.

Lazzaro sub?
Dead rook now, might as well just hold and use his DPP to flick other blokes around and hope he maybe gets a game or two during the byes.
Big Chom, carn son, your mum and ai were just so proud of you tonight 🎉
Powell just treading water now.
Big Clohesy handy and you'd take that from Rogers, but Rarcia would.have been the right rein to pull.
Oh well,. can't go back.

Do i take Sextons 82 or back in Harley in a likely bloodbath at the MCG?

Harley has gone over 82 x3 this year with that 91, 108, 147 stretch.

Flip a coin i guess.

19/1809 with Daicos C, Dawson and Harley to come, so might as well let it ride on the Prince of Perth.

Take Sextoms 82 anyday mate.

So have Sam Darcy (116) on my FWD bench. Have a player I can loop.

Just need to work out who to bench.

Zorko (vs Crows) or Harley Reed (vs undermanned pies)

Thinking Reid goes big so put him in and bench Zorko. Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So have Sam Darcy (116) on my FWD bench. Have a player I can loop.

Just need to work out who to bench.

Zorko (vs Crows) or Harley Reed (vs undermanned pies)

Thinking Reid goes big so put him in and bench Zorko. Thoughts?
Bench the first year player every day of the week. I've benched him to get Comben's score. Only risk with Zorko is he's likely to break at any moment. If he doesn't, though, should score okay.

Bench the first year player every day of the week. I've benched him to get Comben's score. Only risk with Zorko is he's likely to break at any moment. If he doesn't, though, should score okay.

I know that’s conventional wisdom but also Collingwood is playing a VFL team due to injuries vs Brisbane playing Adelaide who’s good.

Plus Reid also has a high ceiling and history suggests Zorko won’t have a huge game right after a big one…

I know that’s conventional wisdom but also Collingwood is playing a VFL team due to injuries vs Brisbane playing Adelaide who’s good.

Plus Reid also has a high ceiling and history suggests Zorko won’t have a huge game right after a big one…
Go with your gut. I've made some pretty ordinary decisions, especially with captains choice this week. I would field Zorko over Reid but yes, there's always a chance that Reid will have a spike game. Pies are under strength, but WC have also lost their best two players (Yeo and Waterman). Dunnow what Yeo out will mean for Reid.

Remember that scene in TWO HANDS when they rob the bank ( very poorly ) ?
The coppers rock up, shoot the back tyres out on the getaway car, the driver tromps it anyway and the car crabs forward about a metre all the while spinning the back rims ??......

Don’t forget the bank robber knocking himself out when he jumps the counter! Classic! :D

Last edited:
Think I've calmed down a bit kenties after my melt.

Once the alcohol wears off I should be right to go again next week, am so drunk atm. LOL!

I'm usually a happy go lucky drunk but supercoach has totally made me depressed the last 2 weeks. :(

Going to bring a POD in next week in Dunkley as I feel like I need something to get me back up the overall rankings.

Have brought in Tove as assistant coach, she is my secret weapon.

Wait, wot?
Melt?
I missed it.
For I was very drunk also.
I need to go back and find said melt!

Edit; all good, I didn’t miss puppies!

Anyway, time for breakfast kentys!

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad