List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The same Hawkins who has kicked 1 goal in the past 5 weeks despite the quality of delivery Geelong fwds get?
Played as a decoy forward for 3 of those weeks.

Hes down on form to be sure but lets not pretend hes not doing a different role atm.

Played as a decoy forward for 3 of those weeks.

Hes down on form to be sure but lets not pretend hes not doing a different role atm.

He is but also looks past it. He's definitely looking his age.

He is but also looks past it. He's definitely looking his age.
Yeh not sure i agree with that. He is obviously an aging forward but hes still pretty good.

Hed be our best forward by some margin, probably true for alot of teams.

Let's also not pretend the excuse of 'decoy forward' isn't some coaching spin to excuse Hawkins being cooked as a player.
You watched much of Geelong, hes absolutely using leading lanes to open up space for their forward structure.

Hes getting old no doubt but the whole "no goals in 4 weeks" thing was a little overstated without some context.

Some people are endlessly optimistic and some people are endlessly pessimistic. I probably fall into the former category but each to their own.

The ones that annoy me, indeed p1ss me off, are the ones that flip seamlessly between positivity and negativity. Sometimes from one coach to another. Or one season to another. Sometimes even one week to another. No need to name them as they are obvious to anyone who regularly catches up with the posts on this site.

I, like all of us, have the option to walk away if it all gets too much. I choose not to do that but will take the opportunity to protect my mental health by muting most of the negative melts on the various social media platforms. Like I said, each to their own.

Of course I’m disappointed at the moment. And of course…

1jxyXw5.gif

If i keep waiting i reckon i'll be catching up with Tom Petty before i see a Saints premiership.

If i keep waiting i reckon i'll be catching up with Tom Petty before i see a Saints premiership.

We are all Tom.

And the Saints are our Heartbreakers.

I have no idea who it could be, but we could really benefit from a Luke Hodge type, someone who has had success, can still play who can bring some real leadership on and off field as that’s an area I feel we lack almost above all the usual areas we know.

I have no idea who it could be, but we could really benefit from a Luke Hodge type, someone who has had success, can still play who can bring some real leadership on and off field as that’s an area I feel we lack almost above all the usual areas we know.
Crouch was actually that player for us and fortunately he was in the midfield as well. We have plenty of leadership down back . We really miss crouch.

Interesting from Tom Morris just on my TV that the Pou’s manager had tweeted that Pou, King and Owens have all gone backwards under Ross. Strange thing to do. Puts his client under undue pressure. Did I hear it right?
Bit odd given that Ross is the only coach Poo has had and Owens looked ok last year under the same coach.

Was probably the Hannebury plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was probably the Hannebury plan.

I would say so, the idea was right, sadly the player wasn’t. I don’t think that should sway us from trying again. We need some guys with some real gravitas and credentials to help guide us along.

All respect to those on our list who have won at other clubs (Hill, Butler, Cordy) they aren’t of a Hodge-ilk.

Briefly looking at lists now, there aren’t many who could fit the bill and would realistically be a target for that role. Pendlebury the perfect candidate but would never happen.

Hawkins shouldn’t be on our list at all, but would be a great asset once a week or even monthly with our key forwards next year to have come sit under the learning tree.

if we finish bottom 5/6 and Battle gets us band 1 compo, we have to go for it. He's a great player but we need mids with class, then more mids with class, then more mids with class after that. We'll probably screw it up Clark/Coffield style but a chance at top end talent is what we are after.
Andrew Dillon was on record saying it will be a lot harder to trigger band one compo. Il try to find the quote. But I agree, that’s the only reason we should let him go but unfortunately he is unrestricted so can’t match and force a trade

if we finish bottom 5/6 and Battle gets us band 1 compo, we have to go for it. He's a great player but we need mids with class, then more mids with class, then more mids with class after that. We'll probably screw it up Clark/Coffield style but a chance at top end talent is what we are after.

No way. We can't replace talent as fast as we sell it off.

No way. We can't replace talent as fast as we sell it off.
Why dont we try him through the midfield ? He can run and if we want midfielders ( we need mids with class, then more mids with class, then more mids with class after tha) maybe we try a few more guys already on the list in there - another year of experimentation - Owens of course everyone has been talking about all year

Why dont we try him through the midfield ? He can run and if we want midfielders ( we need mids with class, then more mids with class, then more mids with class after tha) maybe we try a few more guys already on the list in there - another year of experimentation - Owens of course everyone has been talking about all year

I'd rather try him up front after what he showed but we could definitely try him on ball too. Maybe another Bont or Cripps.

Exactly.
Or do we wait and see him killing it for Collingwoods midfield.
Let’s have a ****en go.

No thanks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back