Player Watch #21: Callum Coleman-Jones - out for season after suffering Achilles rupture vs CFC on GoodFriday - go well CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought and posted he should be worth a future 2nd or 20 this year but you get 26 or 28 back. I also posted a bunch of crap at various posters who came over to Tigerland, which was just banter. I'm surprised we got a future 2nd and 38 for picks we were only going to use to package up and trade out.

Despite all the crap written, I believe CCJ has promise. Good hands, decent kick (even though his action doesn't look super fluid - he kicks straight most of the time) and doesn't mind crashing a pack. I think you could play him as a forward ruck to start as he looks more comfortable down forward than in the ruck but so do many young rucks early in their career. From Tigers perspective I think of Benny Gale and Brad Ottens who both started forward before playing their best in the ruck.

Anyway, it's done now. if the picks were based on 2021 position then it probably favours us but 2022 is a different year and you guys look to be on the improve. I look forward to being at the footy in 2022 and yelling at CCJ that he still owes us 100k and probably booing him the first time he gets it before shutting up as he kicks his third.

Alright, have a good one and thank you for trading Tarrant as part of it rather than rooting up our FA compo for Chol.
At last a sensible tiger with a brain !
I actually didn’t know they existed?!

Welcome Callum.
You bashed a bloke whilst eating a souvlaki.
You cost a 2nd rounder.

I reckon you’ll be worth it. Extra garlic sauce for you

Not sure if you're joking but CCJ clearly backed right away from the attacker like he was scared. Stack looked like he went right in for the fun.

Anyway I'm happy with the deal and unsure how RFC managed to swing it. By my calculations (including the Chol compo savings) it's about pick 28 for CCJ and Taz for free as UFA.

Thought north would make it hurt more but I guess not...

Best of luck to CJ. I hope he hasn't peaked too early.

Not sure if you're joking but CCJ clearly backed right away from the attacker like he was scared. Stack looked like he went right in for the fun.

Anyway I'm happy with the deal and unsure how RFC managed to swing it. By my calculations (including the Chol compo savings) it's about pick 28 for CCJ and Taz for free as UFA.

Thought north would make it hurt more but I guess not...

Best of luck to CJ. I hope he hasn't peaked too early.

And 2 third round picks to North.

CCJ, Larkey and Comben we are set

Should stretch teams next year and actually have multiple talls up front even if Goldy goes to the bench and CCJ has to ruck

Definitely an interesting combo and a great time to get a guy like CCJ in with Goldy still around

No, once you work out the point values (based on 2021 ladder) and the savings on the Chol compo (points from 38 to 48) with Tarrant being included, it works out to pick 28.

Tigers wanted 20.

North wanted 38.

Went for 28.

About right.

points only matter if you’re facing bids on F/S or academy players. Otherwise it’s jus stuff nerds bicker over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome to the best club in the world Callum. We are glad to have you as a ruck and probably a key forward for quite some time. Has got good hands, contested nous and forward nous.

The picks are done and dusted, so no point crying over it now. Really happy we could get this guy, Edwards, JHF, a kpd and a few good hb/small forward types in the draft and rookie draft.

I get why Tiges supporters are bleeding. I’d be pissed if if we were losing a young bloke like this.
Definitely seems to have really good hands and long arms, but doesn’t have the Taz physique, not that means much.

Definitely seems to have really good hands and long arms, but doesn’t have the Taz physique, not that means much.

Very young for a player of that size - should add muscle nect couple years

I get why Tiges supporters are bleeding. I’d be pissed if if we were losing a young bloke like this.

Losing chol and ccj is a big hole list wise

Finally Tarrant can reach his potential

We are being nice to you because we on our way up and you guys are on your way .... We'll meet you half way next season!!!!

I take it that you are worldly enough to have come across the famous quote: Always treat a whore like a lady?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back