Roast Roast: No kick-to-kick after the game today? On 'kids go free' day?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Our game today was the last game at Marvel for the round, and was also NMFC's 'kids go free' day.

Not sure who is responsible for this one, but the fact there was no kick-to-kick on the field after the game is an absolute mistake.

There were hundreds of kids who brought their own footys to the game today, and there was obvious disappointment around the ground when it became clear there wouldn't be an opportunity to go on the grass after the final siren.

Whoever at the club or Marvel Stadium dropped the ball on this; bad effort. You should feel bad.

Our game today was the last game at Marvel for the round, and was also NMFC's 'kids go free' day.

Not sure who is responsible for this one, but the fact there was no kick-to-kick on the field after the game is an absolute mistake.

There were hundreds of kids who brought their own footys to the game today, and there was obvious disappointment around the ground when it became clear there wouldn't be an opportunity to go on the grass after the final siren.

Whoever at the club or Marvel Stadium dropped the ball on this; bad effort. You should feel bad.
Can the kids go to Arden Street and teach the players?

Whilst we are at it can some one explain who is responsible for shitting half of level 3 with over 30000 people attending the game? Hard to get seats and people forced to sit high far away from the action taking really impacting the game day experience. Absolute disgrace!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Whilst we are at it can some one explain who is responsible for shitting half of level 3 with over 30000 people attending the game? Hard to get seats and people forced to sit high far away from the action taking really impacting the game day experience. Absolute disgrace!!

Hawks replacement game, only game in Melbourne and they closed half of level 3.
Ended up opening it up but terrible experience all round.

Any way I'm too angry to get upset over Marvels incompetence. Save that for the players.

Hawks replacement game, only game in Melbourne and they closed half of level 3.
Ended up opening it up but terrible experience all round.

Any way I'm too angry to get upset over Marvels incompetence. Save that for the players.

They only opened a few extra bags but the damage was done in terms of frustration.

Seriously, the club is at its lowest point in 40+ years and you’re worried about a bit of kick to kick???

Please.

I guarantee ya, the kids will have a lot more fun if we win games.

Seriously, the club is at its lowest point in 40+ years and you’re worried about a bit of kick to kick???

Please.

There won't be any kids if we don't ever win.

Mates struggling to keep his she wants to defect to Collingwood after today. Probably happening a lot

Please.

The thing is we don't win games and the kids would at least get some enjoyment from going onto the ground - we were one of the families that bought footies only to be disappointed at the end - on top of another inept display by the players it wasn't pretty having to explain this to the kids as well.

Last edited:

Please.

My 4 year old daughter didn't cry because we lost today.

She cried because she took her footy to the ground and was excited about going on to the oval to have a kick after the game, only for me and hundreds of other parents to realise after the final siren that it wasn't happening today.

When we are crap on the field and can't buy a win, we need to be working harder to win and retain a strong fanbase. s**t like this does matter.

I’m far more worried about last drinks in the Premiership club being called at 4pm.

My son thought he was going to get a footy for getting another stamp for "turning up" to watch the latest disaster but didnt get a footy as they had run out. They said we will contact you and organise it, I said, hey, you said that last home game when you didnt have what you advertised and I still havent heard.. Anyway on the way home he said "do I have to go to the footy again?" .

We did score fresh free popcorn so not all bad today. Probably wrong thread, but anywhere I post is going to be a sook..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't care.

Saw Lmac and JZ play kick to kick in the back pockets enough today, occasionally I even saw them hit a target

What about when they both collided with each other?

I just thought of this at the time

Soccer Bundesliga GIF by FC Bayern Munich

Is this something the club/Marvel need to pay extra for, or something?

When we went to the Essendon/NMFC game a month ago, there was kick-to-kick after that game and it was fantastic. My daughter loved it.

Is this something the club/Marvel need to pay extra for, or something?

When we went to the Essendon/NMFC game a month ago, there was kick-to-kick after that game and it was fantastic. My daughter loved it.

Not sure, I reckon they want to get the patrons out so they don't have to pay staff extra.

Hawks, Saints, Bulldogs not allowed out, one of the Pies/Ess games can't remember which one wern't allowed out either.

It's such a postive end to what has been a another deflating loss for the kids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back