Player Watch #23: Kane Lambert - Retired effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Games where Kane Lambert played this year: 7 wins, 0 losses. Sobering :'(

Really underlines his importance to the team even if as a sub

View attachment 1456561
Always felt that along with Prestia, was a true barometer of the side. Will be sorely missed on-field, but let's hope that he has a position within the club for years to come. A true Richmond Man.

Last edited:
Needed two of him. One as that gut running mid, and one as the small forward he's so good at being. A lot of his work is in the midfield, but a lot of his highlights are at crucial moments in matches in the forward line – much like Dusty.\

So underrated. This one really hurts.

Spare a thought for his best mate Marcon.

b9df4eec7aa06c6b58307d80b8011fc6

Just watched his speech. Brilliant. Shed a tear. Lambo had the room in the palm of his hand. Dimma, Broady, Shorty, his girlfriend Abbi you could visibly see the emotion in them.

I just watched it and was close to a tear too. :)

Brilliant speech, and when he was talking about Dimma was the part that got to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A massive lost for our club. Every big moment, Kane stood up. His absence has already been felt this year - if Kane had played i dare say we would not have lost 3-4 games this year we choked in. Best of luck for his life after footy. Hope he has made enough cash in his time - his peak was relatively short and quick.

I just watched it and was close to a tear too. :)

Brilliant speech, and when he was talking about Dimma was the part that got to me.
I was “close to” a tear, too 😉

Hope we keep him on at the club in some capacity. Great speaker and clubman and his two goals in the prelim v Port brought me a lot of joy in a year where there was none

Been busy the last few days but just wanted to say how deflating the news of this.

30 seems too young for your body to completely shut down is such an aggressive manner.
You have the ultimate respect from me Lambo and your a big reason on why the club has been so successful in the past 5 years.
Lambo is the ultimate professional and will be a great addition to our coaching staff.

You can walk away from your playing days with your head held high and with x3 premiership medals around your neck.

All the best in retirement Lambo

Denis Pagan always said Lambo was the best player never drafted…And he’s gotta be in the conversation for the best rookie ever…What a champion Kane…I hope you can fix that hip for you, and stay with us, for us…That 15 minute speech was pure guts…

Will always remember him fondly for his snaps in our finals matches which sealed the match

Vs scats 17
Vs Adelaide gf etc

He was one of the players along with grigg and co who proved me wrong. Great player for this club and incredibly important
Forgetting the snap against Port that ultimately got us through in Adelaide in the preliminary final in 2020 as well
The first goal of the preliminary in 17 against the Giants … still the loudest volume of noise I’ve heard at a football game … but yeah the favorite memory was the snap and goal from the Grigg overhead handball during the 3rd of the 17 GF when I allowed myself to dare think we were on our way to a premiership for the first time.
What a career after so many doors closed on the man. One of my favorites along with Bakes.
Go well Lambo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back