Player Watch #24: Jordan Houlahan - VFL Mark Of The Year Contender

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ambrosia

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Surely he gets trialed as a back pocket before we cut him? Has plenty of tools to succeed there.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Surely he gets trialed as a back pocket before we cut him? Has plenty of tools to succeed there.

He's gone back a few times this year.

Issue is that we're already stacked for players in that area of the ground.

He's also not that quick that he's a ground level player and he's not in the league of Zert-Thatcher, for example, overhead.

I can't see a part of his game that screams out for the undermining of development of other players in that part of the ground.

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
He's gone back a few times this year.

Issue is that we're already stacked for players in that area of the ground.

He's also not that quick that he's a ground level player and he's not in the league of Zert-Thatcher, for example, overhead.

I can't see a part of his game that screams out for the undermining of development of other players in that part of the ground.
Matt Deal lines up in our VFL defence every week and Ridley is past the point of learning anything in the VFL back line.

I guess it doesn't really matter though from what I've seen he's our worst selection in any draft for quite some time.

Liberator

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
How does he compare to Gown?
Smaller, less powerful, a little more agile, bigger leap, less sticky hands (Gown’s are great from the matches I’ve watched), more mercurial, better shot on goal within 50, not named after a garment type. Just my read...

fairbump_playon

All Australian
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I’ve gone from being a slob to running 5kms without stopping.

Get me done dodo
That’s promising. If you knuckle down and really persevere you might in time (according to Bruno’s spectrum) end up not nearly close to VFL standard!

Top Bottom