Retired #26: Cale Hooker - Has announced his retirement at season's end šŸ·

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a guy that stayed with us after the club and supporters were shopping him off to Gold Coast for Caddy. He chose to stay with us again after the crap that was the last 4 years despite receiving a lucrative offer from Fremantle, a team fresh from winning a minor premiership. Again, people were talking about that compensation pick. He could've gone home and everyone would understand. Players leave clubs for way less than what he has been through at Essendon.
He pretty much gave away a chance at an individual award as an AA selection in 2015 after the club needed him up forward, and is doing the same again this year after the bans. Pick 2 is no certainty, but Hooker certainly is.

Hooker's decision to stay may have been a catalyst for other players to stay as well. People forget how much the club needed a positive story back then.

If I had the chance to do it again, I'd still choose Cale Hooker.
Well said.

It's funny, you see the guys who were out like hurls, hooker, tbell, myers, then others like crammers and hibberd all suffering from Injuries be they niggly or worse.

Then you look at the anecdotal evidence that rotated and rested cricketers seem to Injure more than the war horses who just bowl all summer...

Makes you wonder if a football player is like a fine oiled machine that goes better and more reliably on repeated use but might breakdown after repeated rest? Especially a 12 months one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely, 100%, no doubt at all, Schwass. JB doesn't do Sunday games.
Wait what? Sunday?

I feel like you're making a joke that's gone over my head. :(

Bullshit really?

I have had it in my head it was a Friday night. This is a genuine mind blown moment.
The only reason I know it so well is because my brother was over from Perth and I chucked a sickie the next day!
upload_2017-3-10_9-7-37.png

Re: 26. Cale Hooker

hook.jpg

Bahaha!!!!

had to bump this

Remove this Banner Ad

Back