Retired #26: Cale Hooker - Has announced his retirement at season's end šŸ·

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely. I reckon he should have been captain after the ASAGA. Heppell can be captain in a few years time. He was the first to sign in that dark year.
Hocking was. Colyer was second, and Hooker was third. ;)

2u0CaLC.gif

This guy is probably my favourite Essendon man ever.

Consider this:

We tried to piss him off to WA for a handful of magic beans, and not only did he refuse to consider it - he bunkered down in his house and didnt answer the door. But he never held it against us.
We then pumped him full of crazy experimental Mexican love juice that probably made him infertile, and again - he never held it against us.
We also moved him from his AA defence position into the forward line because we had **** all other options, and not only did he not hold it against us, but he embraced the challenge like a ******* champion and became a 40+ goal kicker.

I petition we name both ends of Docklands stadium the Hooker end.

We also tried to piss him off to GC with some change for Josh Caddy.

Amazing. Hooker and pick 19 for Caddy. Would have been the worst trade in our history.

I donā€™t know what the hell weā€™ve ever done to earn this blokes loyalty.

The fact Hooker locked him self in his house and didn't want to be traded when the club came knocking speaks volumes of the guy love Hooksy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that might be Jmoo using a touch of poetic licence, mate. ;)
Nope! Hird told that story on his podcast.

I thought you wouldā€™ve listened to that. hmmm... not a fan? why do you hate Hird, Doss? why?

Pffft.

But I had no idea about that - funny story.
yeah true story! so according to Hird - apparently Dodo went over to his house to present the offer and try to convince him. He and Bellchambers were making out in their poolroom and heard him knocking. so Bellchambers answered the door in his underpants and said Hooksyā€™s not here man, and then slammed the door. But Dodo tried to climb down the chimney but they lit a fire and dodo had to scamper out. So then they snuggled in front of the fire with a bottle of wine for a while and thatā€™s how when he came up with the idea for Hooker Shiraz.

yeah true story! so according to Hird - apparently Dodo went over to his house to present the offer and try to convince him. He and Bellchambers were making out in their poolroom and heard him knocking. so Bellchambers answered the door in his underpants and said Hooksyā€™s not here man, and then slammed the door. But Dodo tried to climb down the chimney but they lit a fire and dodo had to scamper out. So then they snuggled in front of the fire with a bottle of wine for a while and thatā€™s how when he came up with the idea for Hooker Shiraz.
I hope your kids appreciate these mad story skillz.

I hope your kids appreciate these mad story skillz.
yeah, iā€™m not allowed to tell my kids made up stories anymore. apparently theyā€™re not ā€œage appropriateā€.

Hooker back just looked so good.

Hopefully Worsfold does not send him forward again.
Yep, shored up the backline. With Stringer now in his right spot & the improvement of Stewart, surely the experiment is over.

Can move him forward for short periods though if we are struggling

My man has gone from a match winner in round one to looking COMPLETELY lost in defense over the last few games..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back